Why so few KitKat ROMS ?

Search This thread

CrazyKoala

Jan 5, 2011
It's been quite somve months since the release of KitKat, and I had my prime ready for flash, but I am waiting for a KK rom.
but somehow there are like none available, or at least I missed them.

Why is that ?

boldnuts

Jan 31, 2012
Wetherby
Last edited:
Reactions: roywebs
It's been quite somve months since the release of KitKat, and I had my prime ready for flash, but I am waiting for a KK rom.
but somehow there are like none available, or at least I missed them.

Why is that ?

Here are some KitKat ROMs for the TF-201 that you can find under the Eee Pad Transformer Prime Android Development section:

ParanoidAndroid 4.1 BETA 3/6/2014
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2169575

Cyanogenmod 11.0 Unofficial [KOT49H][06/03/14]
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2589554

I have been using the ParanoidAndroid 4.1 BETA on my TF-201 with good results so far.

GibonXL

Feb 18, 2013
Warsaw
Crombi-KK booted just fine

New KK rom that runs very well on our old primes, just make sure that your on the correct bootloader and Twrp
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2686235

Thanks for the info. I succesfully installed this rom. If it's beta, it's quite polished ;)
Do You know if there is a chance for the separate thread in development section, when this goes stable?
For now, these are unoficial test builds, it's named for TF300T but works on Prime.

sjrixon

Jan 18, 2005
Reading
Do all 300 roms work with the 201 then? I've only been watching the TF201 thread, as has been said, little to no kitkat mentions.

GibonXL

Feb 18, 2013
Warsaw
Do all 300 roms work with the 201 then? I've only been watching the TF201 thread, as has been said, little to no kitkat mentions.
As far as I know - no. Roms should be prepared for the current devices.

However, this situation is diffrent - we have a beta-tester, who pointed what is working and I was lucky to boot succesfully.
I am no dev, but installing any rom from diffrent device without proper porting should end up in bootloop or softbrick.

Mate, don't try it without nvflash backup!

boldnuts

Jan 31, 2012
Wetherby
The CROMBI KK ROM has been built for our primes as well as the TF300, even though its in the TF300 dev forum, just make sure you follow the above instructions correctly to get on the right boot loader and twrp recover first

sent from my TF201

Reactions: roywebs

roywebs

Mar 10, 2012
The CROMBI KK ROM has been built for our primes as well as the TF300, even though its in the TF300 dev forum, just make sure you follow the above instructions correctly to get on the right boot loader and twrp recover first

sent from my TF201

Thx u very much for ur help & info, but excuse me, im i doubt, which rom i can intstall in my TF201, the cromi 5.4 or the crombi?, thank you very much for your help..

cbasse

I have flashed SlimKat from the TF300 thread on my Prime. To be completely honest, my Prime has never run as smoothly as it does now with this ROM. I have had zero issues since flashing it. I suppose I may have just been lucky to not run into any issues...

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jan 14, 2014
Any f2fs recovery for kitkat

In addition to the available kitkat ROMs for the tf201, does anyone know if there are any recoveries that can be used to format the partitions to f2fs as that seems to be hot right now?

Then we would also need to know what ROMs can operate with f2fs.

GibonXL

Feb 18, 2013
Warsaw
CM11 & Slimkat

I tried both 4.4.2 Crombix and Slimkat from TF300T. Remember that this is still work in progress, so take it easy.

The CM11 based one is very good for a daily driver, two developers cooperate closely and there even is a choice for diffrent kernels.

I think Slimkat deserves Your attention because of the smoothness. You get a chance to instal something diffrent, for long time unavailable for our devices. It provides some new user experience, so worth taking it on board.:) Also good contact with the dev, worth a try
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2657847 :good:

Crombi has power profiles and dock battery indicator, which Slimkat hasn't atm.

Jas0nMack

Feb 11, 2008
Houston, TX
I have flashed SlimKat from the TF300 thread on my Prime. To be completely honest, my Prime has never run as smoothly as it does now with this ROM. I have had zero issues since flashing it. I suppose I may have just been lucky to not run into any issues...

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Did you have to do anything special to get it flashed? I just went through all the steps of getting a NVFlash backup so my bootloader says 10.4.2.15-20120917 A03. I was on stock 4.1.1 rooted for ages and this thing has been collecting dust but I figured I would get it usable for my daughter to use on trips. I followed the instructions on androidroot.mobi to get all my backups and then I installed TWRP v2.7.0.0-Voyagery2k_v.1.2 and when I try to install SlimKat I get a error of getprop = TF300T so I'm not sure if I have to edit something to get it to flash or what. I also see all the "i bricked my device" threads so I want to proceed with caution. I'm just looking for a fast kit kat ROM since this thing on 4.1.1 was super slow with the amount of data I had on it.

I'm just hoping for a: flash this bootloader (link) flash this recovery (link) and flash this ROM (link) and make sure you do this as well instructions.

Thank you!

cbasse

Did you have to do anything special to get it flashed? I just went through all the steps of getting a NVFlash backup so my bootloader says 10.4.2.15-20120917 A03. I was on stock 4.1.1 rooted for ages and this thing has been collecting dust but I figured I would get it usable for my daughter to use on trips. I followed the instructions on androidroot.mobi to get all my backups and then I installed TWRP v2.7.0.0-Voyagery2k_v.1.2 and when I try to install SlimKat I get a error of getprop = TF300T so I'm not sure if I have to edit something to get it to flash or what. I also see all the "i bricked my device" threads so I want to proceed with caution. I'm just looking for a fast kit kat ROM since this thing on 4.1.1 was super slow with the amount of data I had on it.

I'm just hoping for a: flash this bootloader (link) flash this recovery (link) and flash this ROM (link) and make sure you do this as well instructions.

Thank you!

Follow the instructions on the latest hairybean thread to flash the "Upgrade Hairybean 2.31 (4.2.1) Bootloader & TWRP (2.5).zip", then flash "TWRP-TF300T-2_7_0_1.zip" from the TF300 dev thread, then flash SlimKat, GAPPS from the TF300 dev thread. With nv flash you shouldn't have anything to worry about, but these are the steps I followed and it worked like a charm! Still loving it!

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: MaouTsaou

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am currently beta testing a KK rom for our primes, please check out this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2425390

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Premium HD app
    New KK rom that runs very well on our old primes, just make sure that your on the correct bootloader and Twrp

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2686235

flash the bootloader and twrp upgrade from the wookie thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2407248

then flash TWRP 2.7.0.0

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8oNvBWMhG-bWWtac3dKSzdJQUU/edit?usp=sharing

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2686228

Then flash KK rom

sent from my TF201
    you can install both roms on the tf201

Thank you!

Follow the instructions on the latest hairybean thread to flash the "Upgrade Hairybean 2.31 (4.2.1) Bootloader & TWRP (2.5).zip", then flash "TWRP-TF300T-2_7_0_1.zip" from the TF300 dev thread, then flash SlimKat, GAPPS from the TF300 dev thread. With nv flash you shouldn't have anything to worry about, but these are the steps I followed and it worked like a charm! Still loving it!

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app