VOIP in WM61, done!

Search This thread

destr0

Aug 31, 2006
Castellon
www.destr0.com
After many tries without success, I finally managed to integrate in only one cab all the needed to get VOIP calls without the listener bug (rtcdll.dll) in my two devices. I checked it in HTC TYTN (Hermes) and HTC Trinity (P3600) runing both Windows Mobile 6.1.

The install method is simple. Download this file:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/124054481/destr0_VOIP_WM61___SIP_Config_1.1.CAB

And install in your phone.

Then, go to Today menu, Programs, Sip Config Tool, input your provider settings and save. Then, go to Today menu, Settings, Today, Items and check "Internet Calling". Then, go to Today menu, Settings, Phone, Internet, and select "Only if cellular is not available" or "whenever available" according to your needs.

Softreset your phone, and after that, connect to a wifi network. You will notice that in your Today screen, the VOIP line has changed from "No service" to "Available". If you want to make a VOIP call, click on this line, and will change to "Selected". All the calls you make from now on will be done using your VOIP line.

Hope it helps you!

Last edited:

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
After many tries without success, I finally managed to integrate in only one cab all the needed to get VOIP calls without the listener bug (rtcdll.dll) in my two devices. I checked it in HTC TYTN (Hermes) and HTC Trinity (P3600) runing both Windows Mobile 6.1.

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/123650406/destr0_VOIP_WM61___SIP_Config.CAB

Then, go to Today menu, Programs, Sip Config Tool, input your provider settings and save. Then, go to Today menu, Settings, Today, Items and check "Internet Calling". Then, go to Today menu, Settings, Phone, Internet, and select "Only if cellular is not available" or "whenever available" according to your needs.

Softreset your phone, and after that, connect to a wifi network. You will notice that in your Today screen, the VOIP line has changed from "No service" to "Available". If you want to make a VOIP call, click on this line, and will change to "Selected". All the calls you make from now on will be done using your VOIP line.

Hope it helps you!

Nice work, will test now.
Been a while since ive seen a single cab for the drivers and SIP config tool (thx shaun33).

EDIT:: fired the cab up in WM6 emulator device and the dll loads up nicely, sip config tool is there. Internet Calling today item shows up and the Internet tab appears in phone settings. Its good stuff....didnt need a soft reset either. :D

Last edited:

daigoro64

May 5, 2008
::1
please provide feedback for your devices, I checked in the two ones I have and it worked.

SIP config tool credits go to shaun33

Hi destr0, just installed on Kaiser (TyTN_II) with HyperDragon IIIm ROM (WM 6.1 "lite"). Registered and running to my VoIP provider like a charm.

Tomorrow I'll use/test it heavily at work (where we have an asterisk/sip as internal phone system)...

Thanks a lot for your sharing.

Shaun33

Mar 9, 2007
Brisbane
Dude,
Its awsome to see that that app is still kicking.
If you can think of any upgrades that would make it easier to intergrate with your cab shoot me a PM or catch me in the IRC chan.

Yusuke14

Feb 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
HTC U12+
Everything seems to be working ok on my AT&T Tilt 8925, but i dunno what to put for sip server and such. Tried going to tools, load config, from device and that brings up an error every time.

destr0

Aug 31, 2006
Castellon
www.destr0.com
daigoro64, I have an asterisk server at work and even with it, calls go out through the wifi and reach the destination phone.

yusuke14, you have to create yourself a VOIP account. There are many providers, I personally use three from betamax: www.voipbuster.com, www.justvoip.com and www.intervoip.com. You can look at theis fares here: http://backsla.sh/betamax

Shaun33, of course your app still rocks! many thanks for it. I suggest you could have a list of sip servers in a dropdown box to be easier to configure for the first time

ribasnet

Jan 18, 2008
Lisboa
A big thank you for a great job.

Gracias

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/123650406/destr0_VOIP_WM61___SIP_Config.CAB

Hope it helps you!

jmmertens

Dec 15, 2005
I have an Elfin (HTC Touch) with the latest rom 19949.1.2 installed. Sound comes from the external speaker and mic is not working. This might be caused by the latest rom. Other Elf\Elfin user tried to install Voip for wm6.1?

yannick

Apr 24, 2006
The Hague
yannick.goyaweb.nl
tried it but doesn't work here.
Incoming calls: after answering with green button other party still hears the tone as if i didn't pick up.
Outgoing calls: can't hear other party

this was tested over 3G. Haven't tested over wifi.

Top Liked Posts