Samsung Galaxy S II shows its raw power,Flash in browser performance test

Search This thread

android_master

Mar 11, 2010
Pune
gsmarena_001.jpg

Naturally, being the replacement for the well-known Samsung i9000 Galaxy S, the Galaxy S II has to fit the very large shoes of its predecessor. And judging by the initial impressions from quickly playing around with the device – it does pretty well. The user interface is ridiculously snappy and the phone, despite its mammoth size, feels alive and light.

And just to give you a taste of what kind of performance we are talking about, we’ve prepared a short video of the Galaxy S II playing a 720p HD YouTube video straight within the stock Android browser.

VIDEO

GSMARENA

Brumble

Dec 29, 2010
Perth
Wow so smooth and fast!!

Also a screen rotation animation!

Nice video thanks :)

Sent from my MB525 using XDA Premium App

rizmal

Mar 27, 2011
Belgrade
Yep stikingly fast un comparison to SGS and even new SE ARC.CAnt wait for may/june release :D
Can wait to see full review

Last edited:

Toss3

May 13, 2008
Stockholm
Most people don't know it, but 720p youtube videos play fine on my SGS with 2.3.3 as long as I don't use the flash player from the market. The SGS II is going to be on another level I'm sure, but 720p flash files are already conquered.

Kailkti

Apr 7, 2010
Kingston
It comes with a pre installed flash player. Which i suppose, like the atrix's own, is optimized specifically for the galaxy s.
I have a captivate right now, and it's running 2.2, and whilst it can play 720p youtube videos, they are choppy, so not much use. More than likely however, it will be able to play it more smoothly when a T&t rolls out the gingerbread update for it. If they ever plan to. =.=

touness69

Jul 23, 2008
Lyon
No you don't understand there is a trick to play 720p flash videos butterly smooth (even Underclocked at 800Mhz btw) on a Galaxy S running froyo or up, he was not talking bout playing it straight within the browser. I just asked him to figure out if he really know this trick or not

tip : UA :D

Last edited:

Intratech

Jun 15, 2009
London
No you don't understand there is a trick to play 720p flash vidéos butterly smooth (even Underclocked at 800Mhz btw) on a Galaxy S running froyo or up, he was not talking bout play it straight within the browser. I just asked him to know if he really know this trick or not

What UA String do you use?

Toss3

May 13, 2008
Stockholm
No you don't understand there is a trick to play 720p flash videos butterly smooth (even Underclocked at 800Mhz btw) on a Galaxy S running froyo or up, he was not talking bout playing it straight within the browser. I just asked him to figure out if he really know this trick or not

There's no trick they play fine without setting anything up.

ijat91

Sep 7, 2010

another smooth internet browsing for SGS2, even beat nexus s & other dual core phone, this make me more excited to get this phone!! :D

Reactions: dhruvmalik

touness69

Jul 23, 2008
Lyon
There's no trick they play fine without setting anything up.

Oh yeah ? So you can play a 720p vid butterly smooth straight from the défault browser on a galaxy S ?
Come on there is stuter with a 480p vid even with flash 10.2

another smooth internet browsing for SGS2, even beat nexus s & other dual core phone, this make me more excited to get this phone!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
OMGGG I want that now , that's ridiculously smoothhh

Last edited:

Roland Deschain

Dec 11, 2008
North Miami Beach, FL
Most people don't know it, but 720p youtube videos play fine on my SGS with 2.3.3 as long as I don't use the flash player from the market. The SGS II is going to be on another level I'm sure, but 720p flash files are already conquered.

It largely depends on the bit rate of the video. I could make a video that has a resolution of 480X272 that even the SGS II could not play. Bit rate is...not everything, but most things, with video. ;)

Also, it sounds more like you're viewing the HTML 5 version of it than the Flash version, but IDK.

Toss3

May 13, 2008
Stockholm
Oh yeah ? So you can play a 720p vid butterly smooth straight from the défault browser on a galaxy S ?
Come on there is stuter with a 480p vid even with flash 10.2

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
OMGGG I want that now , that's ridiculously smoothhh

Simply put - yes. :) Not using the flash version from the market. Both HD videos from gametrailers and 720p videos from gsmarena play fine.

EDIT: It's actually running the 10.1 version of the flash player

Last edited:

Kailkti

Apr 7, 2010
Kingston
@ tou
There is stutter for 480p videos. But It is only present at the start, due to the loading and I guess the cpu getting ready. After the start, it plays like any other flash video.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

another smooth internet browsing for SGS2, even beat nexus s & other dual core phone, this make me more excited to get this phone!! :D