23088_Mega_WWE_3G Slightly Changed

Search This thread

Pharmako

Dec 23, 2009
Sofia
Hi All

I made some changes to 23088_Mega_WWE_3G by TAI (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=458456&highlight=core+21869)

Apps removed: iContact, FingerKeyboard, Skyfire and Showcase.

Changed couple of manila files:
-Removed clock background from homepage
-Changed manila slider and tab background

Changed splash screen (sample below)

Images are not mine, can't remember exactly where I got them from.

For the purpose I used ROMDonald kitchen (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=319970)

All credit goes to TAI (thank you for all the great ROMs).

Download ROM: http://rapidshare.com/files/415414292/23088_Mega_WWE_3G_Pharmakos.rar.html

In case you're looking to have Solitaire and BubbleBreaker, below the links for the cab files.

http://rapidshare.com/files/409328143/BubbleBreaker.cab.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/409242652/MSsolitaire.cab.html

Disclaimer: I flashed it to my device and so far has been working with no remarks for about a month now. However, use at your own risk.

Notes: After you flash, you should update weather from weather tab, once updated, go to: Start>Connections and click on "Weather". This is necessary for the weather info on homescreen to be updated, also if you don't do this before re-starting the device or before turning off, when you restart again manila won't load.

Recommendations:
1.This ROM has very low reception with radio 1.56.70.11, I recommend to use radio 1.47.30.10 (link available below).
2. If you do task 28 wit MTTY before flashing this ROM, please flash OEM Stripped AT&T and then flash 23088_Mega_WWE_3G (link available below).

http://rapidshare.com/files/415417539/HERM_Radio_Only_1.47.30.10_CustomRUU.rar.html

Att stripped: http://rapidshare.com/files/415708972/att_striped.rar.html

Last edited:

eryunt

May 2, 2007
Hi Pharmako,
thanks for your work.
Can You please tell me how to remove programs from the Dump folder?
I've dumped the ROM with ROMDonald kitchen but I can't find any if the files or packages (like Skyfire) I would like to remove.
A second question is:
once removed a program or package in necessary to edit the registry?
Many thanks in advance! :)

Pharmako

Dec 23, 2009
Sofia
Hi Pharmako,
thanks for your work.
Can You please tell me how to remove programs from the Dump folder?
I've dumped the ROM with ROMDonald kitchen but I can't find any if the files or packages (like Skyfire) I would like to remove.
A second question is:
once removed a program or package in necessary to edit the registry?
Many thanks in advance! :)

Hi, the easiest approach is to go into the dump folder first and search the files you want to remove by name, also when you're changing the registry you will need to search for the applications you want to remove and remove the whole key with whatever strings and dwords they might be under it. Finally when you're editing the "initflashfiles.dat" you should remove from there as well any entries referring to applications you want to remove, also the info in "initflashfiles.dat" will give more detailed info on all the files which are components of the apps you wish to remove, this way you can go back to the dump folder and search and remove the unwanted files.

Hope this helps.

eryunt

May 2, 2007
Hi, the easiest approach is to go into the dump folder first and search the files you want to remove by name, also when you're changing the registry you will need to search for the applications you want to remove and remove the whole key with whatever strings and dwords they might be under it. Finally when you're editing the "initflashfiles.dat" you should remove from there as well any entries referring to applications you want to remove, also the info in "initflashfiles.dat" will give more detailed info on all the files which are components of the apps you wish to remove, this way you can go back to the dump folder and search and remove the unwanted files.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
This is exactly what I wanted to know!

bllohin

Jun 22, 2008
Ok I just installed it and seems to work great. Thank you for cleaning up this rom as now it seems perfect. I installed iphonetoday cab and it works great with this rom.
Thank you again man.

eryunt

May 2, 2007
I'm trying to make the same thing with the Italian version..
Is there any 3G dialer working with this version, having the smart-dialing function too?
Any way to find and put the new version of Internet Explorer?

Last edited:

Pharmako

Dec 23, 2009
Sofia
I'm trying to make the same thing with the Italian version..
Is there any 3G dialer working with this version, having the smart-dialing function too?
Any way to find and put the new version of Internet Explorer?

Well, if it is video calling that you're trying to use, to be honest I wasn't using it as my mobile provider is not too reliable with 3G. The only dialer I installed was PhoneEx and I was very happy with it.
As for Internet Explorer I wouldn't know as I prefer Opera. You might find an Opera Mini, personally I was using "OperaMini-4.2-small", whoever you may find the latest version "10".

arty

Dec 6, 2004
yep...but since its zipped i dont think re-downloading helps that much when the content is alrdy corrupt :)

bllohin

Jun 22, 2008
I just tested the file and its ok.
Download again and this time save on different folder and it should work.

bllohin

Jun 22, 2008
Np, man, thank you for sharing your work.
In his case its just bad download and because its in windows cache it will be bad every time till he flushes cache or saves it elsewhere.

eryunt

May 2, 2007

Hope this helps.

Hi Pharmako,
I have a problem editing the registry.
I can easily convert the "default.hv" and "user.hv" files into "boot.rgu" files, but having opened the two "boot.rgu" and edited them with the notepad, even if I save them in "UNICODE" they change dimension end I have errors converting back to "user.hv" and "default.hv".
Even adding the first line "REGEDIT4" doesn't solve the problem.
Tried with WinXP notepae and also withe the "Notepad2"..
What is wrong?

Pharmako

Dec 23, 2009
Sofia
Hi Pharmako,
I have a problem editing the registry.
I can easily convert the "default.hv" and "user.hv" files into "boot.rgu" files, but having opened the two "boot.rgu" and edited them with the notepad, even if I save them in "UNICODE" they change dimension end I have errors converting back to "user.hv" and "default.hv".
Even adding the first line "REGEDIT4" doesn't solve the problem.
Tried with WinXP notepae and also withe the "Notepad2"..
What is wrong?

Hi eryunt,

I also had that issue. I thought that I had done something wrong along the way and I started the whole dumping, etc couple of times. Then finally I tried to first do all registry changes and then saving as > unicode. Meaning that I was first saving and then changing as described step by step in ROMDonald's manual.

So, bottom line: first do all changes to registry and then save as > unicode. And don't forget to add an extra line at the end of the text. Hope this works.

eryunt

May 2, 2007
Hi eryunt,

I also had that issue. I thought that I had done something wrong along the way and I started the whole dumping, etc couple of times. Then finally I tried to first do all registry changes and then saving as > unicode. Meaning that I was first saving and then changing as described step by step in ROMDonald's manual.

So, bottom line: first do all changes to registry and then save as > unicode. And don't forget to add an extra line at the end of the text. Hope this works.

The problem is that in both ways I can't solve the problem.
First of all, is the line "REGEDIT4" on the top needed?
What I've noticed is that even the original boot.rgu, without any modification, can't be converted back into .hv file.
Looking at the text, after the modifications at the registry, when I save in UNICODE all blank lines disappear..
Moreover, when I open the boot.rgu file I already have a blank line at the bottom, I need to add another one?
Thanks Pharmako! :)

Pharmako

Dec 23, 2009
Sofia
The problem is that in both ways I can't solve the problem.
First of all, is the line "REGEDIT4" on the top needed?
What I've noticed is that even the original boot.rgu, without any modification, can't be converted back into .hv file.
Looking at the text, after the modifications at the registry, when I save in UNICODE all blank lines disappear..
Moreover, when I open the boot.rgu file I already have a blank line at the bottom, I need to add another one?
Thanks Pharmako! :)

Hi eryunt, "REGEDIT4" on the top is definitely neeed and even though you see already a blank line, still you need to add another one (know from experience :)).

One more thing, once you edit the file, re-open it and look for the following: at the start of the file you will notice that there is certain character space (blanks) between registry values and after many many lines, somehow this spacing thrend dissapears, what you need to do is carefully check till the end of the file and repeat the spacing thrend were needed (I wish I had made a screen shot of this). You should be able to convert then without any further issues.
Please accept my apologies for not mentioning it before, but to be honest it kind of escaped my memmory in my previous post.

Wish you luck and if there's anything else I could help with, please let me know. :)