[ROM][WWE][16-Jul-10] Timolol's stock-like WM6.5.5 ROM (Build 23569)

Search This thread

incisivekeith

Jan 27, 2009
Is the ROM based on new drivers from the latest HTC ROM?

Tim:

Nice job putting this ROM together. I was hoping for something like this. Could you please tell me what build it is based on and if it has the new drivers from the 5.11 ROM from HTC? I may not be very accurate in naming the builds, but please let me know what's included in this ROM. I plan to flash it some time after knowing what is the feedback on installing TF3D2 as a cab on top of this ROM. Thanks.

demonknight9

Oct 21, 2006
LONDON
Good job, I like the idea. I will give it a go and report any bugs I find.

You said that there was currently a conflict with the lock screen and the dialer... What dialer does not conflict with the lock screen on wm6.5?

Please let me know and I will install that one.

Thanks Timolol's!!!!:)

pilgrim011

May 3, 2008
Belgrade
www.tvojsajt.com
Working great so far:) - no bugs, except this one:
18305308.png

@timolol, is this the dialer bug you are talking about?:confused:

Just a few questions - how come that there is about 100 MB free RAM after soft reset? With WM 6.1 I was getting about 130-140, with TF3D enabled. Also, I saw in some other threads that some ROMs have 120 or more free RAM upon boot (with cHome enabled, just like in your ROM). What could be the "RAM eater" in this ROM? Even if I disable cHome, I get only 109 MB...:(

And one more thing, you forgot to include Esmertec JBED, and it is the default Java emulator on HTC WWE based ROMs.;)

Thanks again for this ROM - it is working great.:) Of cource, I'll test it more and report any bug that I find. Hopefully there will be none.:p

Last edited:

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
Older changes

5.10.060.3TH (23569)
  • Updated Opera Mobile 9.7 to 35994
  • Updated many HTC packages
  • Updated HTC Task Manager Icon

5.10.042.6TH (23563)
  • Updated Comm Manager suite
  • Fixed Comm Manager switches in landscape
  • Updated Opera Mobile 9.7 to 35989
  • Updated HTC Scroll
  • Updated SIM Manager

5.10.041.0TH (23557)
  • Updated Full Screen Player
  • Updated My Phone and Marketplace
  • Updated Opera Mobile 9.7 to build 35964
  • Excluded positionfix due to redundancy
  • Fixed Long Press End Key
  • Fixed dialer SIP toggle button graphical bug
  • Small changes to HTC Black theme

5.10.031.7TH (23547)
  • Added HTC-style WM 6.5 theme
  • Added HTC-style large start menu labels
  • Added IE6Enhancement
  • Moved Opera Mobile up in start menu
  • Fixed lockscreen delay
  • Updated Contact Utility Engine, New Contact Card, Notification Enhancement, Shared Modules and Video Telephony
  • Updated Opera Mobile 9.7 to 35857
  • Updated Marketplace
  • Updated Topaz video drivers
  • Updated Java exe icon

5.10.020.7TH (23529)
  • WM6.5.5 build is from the COM5 tree and includes Office 2010 and threaded emails
  • Updated the following HTC packages: Contact Utility Engine, HTC Framework, HTC Scroll, Notification Enhancement, Shared Modules, Shared Resource, Ringtone Plugin, Task Manager, YouTube, New Contact Card
  • New Contact Card now supports landscape
  • Enabled phone canvas vibration
  • Fixed "Alarm-Beeps" sound
  • Added 3 more HTC ringtones
  • Updated a few icons
  • Updated Opera 9.7 to build 35801
  • Enabled scroll wheel panning in Opera
  • Updated Microsoft MyPhone to latest version
  • Excluded welcome center

5.09.111.9TH (23089)
  • 'Save to contacts' now working (+ added dependent packages)
  • Added Leo Notification Enhancement and Shared modules
  • Updated Marketplace, HTCFontLink, Adobe Reader LE (now touch friendly), Video drivers, Phone setting, HTC Scroll, SIM Manager, Power off warning and Long press end key
  • Updated several start menu icons
  • Reordered Settings folder icons

5.09.102.7TH (23081)
  • Updated Calculator, Task Manager, Audio Booster, HTC Scroll, MP3 Trimmer, Streaming Media, Phone canvas, Opera 9.7 & Ringtone Plugin
  • Updated the icons of many applications to match latest HTC OEM icons
  • Added new 2D & 3D video drivers
  • Disabled volume buttons whilst locked
  • Other minor changes

5.09.101.5TH (23071)
  • Updated phone canvas (video calling working!)
  • Fixed battery icon bug
  • Other minor fixes

5.09.101.4TH (23069)
  • Added HTC Bandswitching applet
  • Updated to Rhodium VGA phone canvas
  • Updated Opera Mobile to 9.7
  • Updated G-Sensor Calibrator
  • Updated My Phone
  • Updated Native Kernel
  • Build date and starting date now correct
  • Included position fix for Resco Explorer (and Manila)
  • Fixed mislabeled internet sharing soft key labels
  • UI updates including new contact card

5.09.090.5TH (23409)
  • Excluded HTC Notification Enhancement and Volume Control due to incompatibility
  • Updated Comm Manager and Wifi Internet Sharing
  • Fixed Connection Setup graphical error
  • Task manager icon now hidden to prevent overlap with UI
  • Many awesome UI changes to Windows Mobile

5.09.073.1TH (23016)
  • Added HTC Wifi Internet Sharing
  • Updated various packages

5.09.071.8TH (23007)
  • Minor update
  • Opera Mobile now fully functional

5.09.070.6TH (23003)
  • Start menu now contains 4 icons per row in landscape
  • Updated numerous packages
  • Updated Opera Mobile to build 16983
  • Opera Mobile is now uninstallable
  • Significantly more RAM available (>130mb RAM following soft reset)
  • Now using modularised drivers
  • Microsoft Voice Command now excluded

5.09.062.8TH (21820)
  • Fixed incorrect ROM version displayed in wrapper (thanks to B4PJS)
  • UPX compressed Adobe Reader, World Card Mobile, Album and Opera Mobile
  • Removed extraneous Opera files saving a few megabytes of storage space
  • Updated FM Radio, FullScreen Player, HTCFontLink and Youtube (thanks to herg62123 and indagroove)
  • FM Radio now supports more saved frequencies
  • YouTube now supports scrolling and 'Program Guide'
  • Unobtrusive volume control overlay now works in YouTube and FullScreen Player
  • Using un-modularised OEMDrivers until updated

5.09.062.1TH (21815 v2)
  • Added Jbed Java
  • Fixed excessive memory consumption issue (freed up 20mb of RAM)
  • Reverted to Raphael MP3 Trimmer
  • Disabled AutoDataConfig (redundant)

5.09.061.8TH (21815)
  • Initial public release

Last edited:

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
Good job, I like the idea. I will give it a go and report any bugs I find.

You said that there was currently a conflict with the lock screen and the dialer... What dialer does not conflict with the lock screen on wm6.5?

Please let me know and I will install that one.

Thanks Timolol's!!!!:)

The new Tachi dialer does not conflict with the WM6.5 lock screen, and you're most welcome to install this as a cab. However, in my experience I've found it to be buggy (call history is broken, breaks video calling + others i forgot). It does however, also fix the bug shown by pilgrim011 below. In my opinion, the tradeoff isn't worth it, but if you want to try it by all means go ahead.

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
Working great so far:) - no bugs, except this one:
@timolol, is this the dialer bug you are talking about?:confused:

Just a few questions - how come that there is about 100 MB free RAM after soft reset? With WM 6.1 I was getting about 130-140, with TF3D enabled. Also, I saw in some other threads that some ROMs have 120 or more free RAM upon boot (with cHome enabled, just like in your ROM). What could be the "RAM eater" in this ROM? Even if I disable cHome, I get only 109 MB...:(

And one more thing, you forgot to include Esmertec JBED, and it is the default Java emulator on HTC WWE based ROMs.;)

Thanks again for this ROM - it is working great.:) Of cource, I'll test it more and report any bug that I find. Hopefully there will be none.:p

That's not the conflict with the lockscreen - that's another well known bug which I forgot to list. That bug can't be fixed either, but it doesn't bother me much. If the new Tachi dialer is bug-fixed, I'll include that in future ROms because it fixes the lockscreen bug as well as this bug.

I suspect the RAM eater is the Topaz notification enhancement system, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I'm not actually sure why it takes up so much RAM, but i'll look into it. Do you think that I should include it in future ROMs?

Lastly, I don't use Java emulation, and as I didn't initially plan to publicly release this ROM I didn't include it. From all subsequent releases, I'll be sure to include it in the ROM. :)

incisivekeith

Jan 27, 2009
It is based on the 5.11 AT&T ROM from HTC and includes all the drivers from this build. I haven't actually tried installing TF3D on top of this ROM, but there is no reason that it would be any different to installing it on top of any other ROM. Let me know how it goes if you end up trying it :)

Thanks for the quick response. I certainly will let you know how it turns out when I install this ROM with TF3D2.

pilgrim011

May 3, 2008
Belgrade
www.tvojsajt.com
That's not the conflict with the lockscreen - that's another well known bug which I forgot to list. That bug can't be fixed either, but it doesn't bother me much. If the new Tachi dialer is bug-fixed, I'll include that in future ROms because it fixes the lockscreen bug as well as this bug.

I suspect the RAM eater is the Topaz notification enhancement system, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I'm not actually sure why it takes up so much RAM, but i'll look into it. Do you think that I should include it in future ROMs?

Lastly, I don't use Java emulation, and as I didn't initially plan to publicly release this ROM I didn't include it. From all subsequent releases, I'll be sure to include it in the ROM. :)
OK, thanks for clarifying the above mentioned bug.;) It doesn't bother me that much.

And regarding RAM, I thought that was the Microsoft Voice command fault, so I tried to disable it via Dotfred's TaskMgr, but it's still the same. To me this is the only serious issue I ran across until now, because I am so called "power user" and RAM is crucial for me for multitasking. If that is the Topaz notification's fault, do you know is there any way for disabling it? I assume the answer is no.:D I do know that initially (10-15 seconds after boot) I do have about 130 MB RAM, and suddenly it drops to about 105.

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
OK, thanks for clarifying the above mentioned bug.;) It doesn't bother me that much.

And regarding RAM, I thought that was the Microsoft Voice command fault, so I tried to disable it via Dotfred's TaskMgr, but it's still the same. To me this is the only serious issue I ran across until now, because I am so called "power user" and RAM is crucial for me for multitasking. If that is the Topaz notification's fault, do you know is there any way for disabling it? I assume the answer is no.:D I do know that initially (10-15 seconds after boot) I do have about 130 MB RAM, and suddenly it drops to about 105.

I'm flashing a test Rom as we speak - basically the same ROM without the Topaz notification enhancement. I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT:
Well, I've found that the memory issue has not gone away when excluding the Topaz notification enhancement system (which I'm actually almost happy about because I actually really like the notification enhancement). I'm working through my recent changes at the moment trying to find out what's causing the memory issue.

EDIT 2:
I've narrowed it down to a small handful of programs and settings. It shouldnt be long before I find the offending program.

EDIT 3:
I've found and fixed the memory problem. It turns out one of the dll files associated with the Tachi MP3 Trimmer (and also the HTC Calculator) was causing excessive memory usage. Reverting back to the Raphael MP3 Trimmer (identical as far as I can see) fixes this problem. This change frees up about 20mb of RAM. =) It took a while, but I think the effort was well worthwhile. I'll upload the new version of the ROM as soon as I can (not at the computer right now - posting this with my Touch Pro). I'll make sure I include the Java emulator in the new ROM.

Tim

Last edited:

pilgrim011

May 3, 2008
Belgrade
www.tvojsajt.com
I've found and fixed the memory problem. It turns out one of the dll files associated with the Tachi MP3 Trimmer (and also the HTC Calculator) was causing excessive memory usage. Reverting back to the Raphael MP3 Trimmer (identical as far as I can see) fixes this problem. This change frees up about 20mb of RAM. =) It took a while, but I think the effort was well worthwhile. I'll upload the new version of the ROM as soon as I can (not at the computer right now - posting this with my Touch Pro). I'll make sure I include the Java emulator in the new ROM.
Great job. It's weird that the problem was caused by irrelevant app like MP3 Trimmer.

:D

pilgrim011

May 3, 2008
Belgrade
www.tvojsajt.com
Can you tell me what's your experience with alarm function in your ROM? Is it absolutely reliable like in 6.1 official ROM or not? This is one of my major concerns regarding custom ROMs.:eek: Btw., I'm back to 6.1 for now because of the RAM problems with the current build and to tell you the truth, I think 6.1 is more functional than 6.5 out of the box. 6.5 just looks better - nicer icons, contextual menu and a little better scrolling, but I cannot see any real advantage over older OS version. CHome is a big disappointment for me - TF3D is much more functional, SPB MS also. New start menu is awful - I don't see where is the logic in it...:(

Last edited:

ken_shin33

Nov 22, 2006
timolol or anyone who's tried out this ROM,
I have yet to try out this ROM, but can you answer a quick question for me?
Is your ROM UC enabled? Couldn't find any information saying it is.
Thanks,

jsmith8858

Nov 11, 2008
Boston
I am very excited about this ROM -- I 100% agree with your "minimal, bug-free apps only, WM6.5 w/HTC apps" philosophy -- perfect! It is driving me crazy how all of other ROMS are cooking in the new tachi dialer and TF3D2 which all have bugs on top of bugs! Wait until it's fully working, then cook in, people! Anyway, I am really looking forward to giving this ROM a shot, perhaps tomorrow night. Thank you for taking this approach, I really think it's the way to go!

dialupboy

Oct 21, 2008
"the WM6.5 lock screen not being compatible with the included dialer"

Next upgrade can u use ms standard dialer or something else that compatible?

found this bug really ...well....sucks. when i receive a call its not ring, but 1st the lcd flip flip for several second, and then the screen messed up and then its ring and after that phone becoming very slow :confused: need to soft reset.

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
Can you tell me what's your experience with alarm function in your ROM? Is it absolutely reliable like in 6.1 official ROM or not? This is one of my major concerns regarding custom ROMs.:eek: Btw., I'm back to 6.1 for now because of the RAM problems with the current build and to tell you the truth, I think 6.1 is more functional than 6.5 out of the box. 6.5 just looks better - nicer icons, contextual menu and a little better scrolling, but I cannot see any real advantage over older OS version. CHome is a big disappointment for me - TF3D is much more functional, SPB MS also. New start menu is awful - I don't see where is the logic in it...:(

The alarm function in this ROM has never failed me and I use it everyday. I guess WM6.5 and Chome take a while to get used to, but once you spend enough time with it, it becomes natural.

:)

timolol or anyone who's tried out this ROM,
I have yet to try out this ROM, but can you answer a quick question for me?
Is your ROM UC enabled? Couldn't find any information saying it is.
Thanks,

Yes, it is UC enabled. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

I am very excited about this ROM -- I 100% agree with your "minimal, bug-free apps only, WM6.5 w/HTC apps" philosophy -- perfect! It is driving me crazy how all of other ROMS are cooking in the new tachi dialer and TF3D2 which all have bugs on top of bugs! Wait until it's fully working, then cook in, people! Anyway, I am really looking forward to giving this ROM a shot, perhaps tomorrow night. Thank you for taking this approach, I really think it's the way to go!

I'm glad to hear you agree with philosophy :) Cheers!

"the WM6.5 lock screen not being compatible with the included dialer"

Next upgrade can u use ms standard dialer or something else that compatible?

found this bug really ...well....sucks. when i receive a call its not ring, but 1st the lcd flip flip for several second, and then the screen messed up and then its ring and after that phone becoming very slow :confused: need to soft reset.

I haven't experienced the problem that you describe when receiving calls. However, if you want to disable the HTC dialer, it's very straightforward. Just use any registry editor program to navigate to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Security/Phone/Skin' then change the value of 'Enabled' from 1 to 0. Soft reset, and you will now be using the standard WM6.5 dialer. Alternatively, you could use a program like Advanced Config or Diamond Tweak to achieve the same outcome :)

Last edited:

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
Version 2 of this ROM has been released! Please check the first post for details and the download link :) Can somebody please kindly upload some mirrors (especially rapidshare). Cheers

I fixed the memory issue, which is the main reason for the new version.

Last edited:

pilgrim011

May 3, 2008
Belgrade
www.tvojsajt.com
Thanks for new version, I'm gonna try it later today when I come home. Can you tell me what does this means - Disabled AutoDataConfig (redundant)? Not sure what is AutoDataConfig, is it the automated configuration of gprs/mms settings or something else?

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
Thanks for new version, I'm gonna try it later today when I come home. Can you tell me what does this means - Disabled AutoDataConfig (redundant)? Not sure what is AutoDataConfig, is it the automated configuration of gprs/mms settings or something else?

It's the windows mobile automated configuration of network settings (gprs/mms). However, I have cooked in an HTC program called "Connection Setup" which performs exactly the same function, but looks much nicer. If both are enabled (as in the last ROM version), the automated configuration basically runs twice, which is completely unnecessary.

Top Liked Posts