[THEME|MDPI|07.12.10] LauncherPro and ADW - Metamorph - Gingerbread theme

Search This thread

MacaronyMax

Aug 27, 2008
Oxford
Gingerbread is out, although some of our devices can't run it yet :)
So the next best thing... A Gingerbread theme :D

(Also btw, the status bar icons are not the official Gingerbread one's because I made this theme before Gingerbread was out, and on the leaked pictures the Status bar icons were green, unlike the grey ones, and honestly i prefer green, although I may change this :p

This is for MDPI Devices Only

Installation - Framework
1.Download the attached zip, named GBThings ;)
2.Extract that, and place it on your phone.
3.Now download an application called Metamorph from the market (You must have root btw).
4.Open Metamorph and let it do it's checks...
5.Now click on Unzip/Extract theme and find the folder you put on your phone.
6.Now in that folder open the one named 'Framework' and select the Zip file inside that,
Metamorph should now extact the theme, and you should click on Apply all.
Let it do it's thing, it may freeze but leave it.
Then reboot your phone :)
You should notice the status bar and icons on it have changed.

ADW Users
1. Do the same as above up to step 6, instead of opening the folder 'Framework' open the one named 'ADW' then continue using the steps above.

Also you will need to create a Custom shortcut to the corresponding actions with the Gingerbread Icons included in the Zip then place them in your dock.

Launcher Pro Users
(I apologise for no tut, but I assume you know how to do this, the dock is under the Launcher pro directoy of the given folder and the icons are under the Icons directory)

Keyboard
Also in the zip is the gingerbread keyboard, flash the GBKeyboard using recovery

Link

Last edited:
Reactions: izzy001
I worked on this same sort of thing last night, if you want I can PM you all the images I did. I ripped and re-colored mine from CMH :p
Though I think the color on mine may be off. I used Colorify in the GIMP to put them all to Android Green (#A4C639). And my battery is crap, hah.

ForTehWolf

Jun 22, 2010
New York
Status bar looks a little off compared to the pictures of gingerbread that engadget got

and can I have an image of the dock background so i can use this with LauncherPro instead of ADW?

ForTehWolf

Jun 22, 2010
New York
Heres a little mod I did
[basically I made a new phone icon, and resized the browser icon to 40x40
I think it looks closer to the pictures, except they may be too small]

Attachments

• gbread.png
    gbread.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 11,813
  • hotseat_phone_normal.png
    hotseat_phone_normal.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 11,759
  • all_apps_button_normal.png
    all_apps_button_normal.png
    605 bytes · Views: 11,759

MacaronyMax

Aug 27, 2008
Oxford
I mean like, the dock portion is great, but the status bar looks different, the wifi is curved not just lines, the signal lines are more higher up, and the battery looks like its upright in gingerbread

Heres a little mod I did
[basically I made a new phone icon, and resized the browser icon to 40x40
I think it looks closer to the pictures, except they may be too small]

Okay, Thank you :D

It was only a quick job, so it's similar but not exact :D Although I might try and change that later on :D

ForTehWolf

Jun 22, 2010
New York

Attachments

• dbjb.png
    dbjb.png
    4 KB · Views: 965
  • gb.png
    gb.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,533

ForTehWolf

Jun 22, 2010
New York
Awesome work man :D , I wonder if gb will look like the leaked pics, it'd be great if it didn't :p complete surprise then ;)
GB should look alot like the released pics, when it comes out i'll make a more exact theme [including the notification bar] until someone manages to port it for my G1

i'm still really curious about changes besides the look of the homescreen though

Fun With Drugs

Nov 24, 2010
Why is everyone all tryin'a theme up their screens to look like the Gingerbread theme? It's so ugly. That green is ugly and there's nothing special about it.

ForTehWolf

Jun 22, 2010
New York
Playing around in the SDK I got all the icons, but for the status bar it seems like son parts are missing o_O

theres no wifi bars, and the 3g bars are in grey...??
is it like, incomplete :confused:

this doesn't look like the pictures of gingerbread, i'm confused

cezegg

Aug 11, 2010
Playing around in the SDK I got all the icons, but for the status bar it seems like son parts are missing o_O

theres no wifi bars, and the 3g bars are in grey...??
is it like, incomplete :confused:

this doesn't look like the pictures of gingerbread, i'm confused

the green bars are in the "system_ui.apk" in the apps folder.
i don't know why.
i tried making a rom with some gingerbread framework, but it didn't work.. bummed. haha.

if anybody wants a zip with a folder that contains all of the proper mdpi things, i can email it to you..
i don't know if i can post links yet...

EDIT: AHHH i lost it...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gingerbread is out, although some of our devices can't run it yet :)
    So the next best thing... A Gingerbread theme :D

(Also btw, the status bar icons are not the official Gingerbread one's because I made this theme before Gingerbread was out, and on the leaked pictures the Status bar icons were green, unlike the grey ones, and honestly i prefer green, although I may change this :p

This is for MDPI Devices Only

Installation - Framework
    1.Download the attached zip, named GBThings ;)
    2.Extract that, and place it on your phone.
    3.Now download an application called Metamorph from the market (You must have root btw).
    4.Open Metamorph and let it do it's checks...
    5.Now click on Unzip/Extract theme and find the folder you put on your phone.
    6.Now in that folder open the one named 'Framework' and select the Zip file inside that,
    Metamorph should now extact the theme, and you should click on Apply all.
    Let it do it's thing, it may freeze but leave it.
    Then reboot your phone :)
    You should notice the status bar and icons on it have changed.

ADW Users
    1. Do the same as above up to step 6, instead of opening the folder 'Framework' open the one named 'ADW' then continue using the steps above.

Also you will need to create a Custom shortcut to the corresponding actions with the Gingerbread Icons included in the Zip then place them in your dock.

Launcher Pro Users
    (I apologise for no tut, but I assume you know how to do this, the dock is under the Launcher pro directoy of the given folder and the icons are under the Icons directory)

Keyboard
    Also in the zip is the gingerbread keyboard, flash the GBKeyboard using recovery

Link
    I modified.