Very important. please read. x10 source petition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

OmegaRED^

Oct 31, 2010
Last edited:

Andre Verissimo

Jan 25, 2011
Good idea.

Even today, our 4" screen, 1 GHz CPU, 8-32Gb SD machine is not that bad.

It's a sad thing that we bought a good Sony hardware limited by a very lame software.
:(

Last edited:
Reactions: Olao99

OmegaRED^

Oct 31, 2010
This is a temporary message, and I will edit it if somebody answer the question bellow.

Sometime ago, due to Android license, Sony posted in a technical site the source code file called

x10_x10mini_X10minipro_x8_eclair_2.1.A.0.435.tar.gz

that seems to have all the Eclair C-language source code, resources and makefiles for everything (including all the drivers [8,338 files], libs, scripts, kernel, firmware etc) inside our "Rachael" X10, and also for X10mini and X10minipro.

Is this what you're looking for?
Yes... but not exactly.
We also talking about getting these features working.
I believe we may be missing a few things.
There must also be 2.3 sources somewhere.

For interest sake.. could you link me to that source?

So far thanks for doing your best to free our device.
Would someone be so kind as to post this link on modaco?

Last edited:

Andre Verissimo

Jan 25, 2011
We are talking about 46,194 files inside 3,212 folders.

We need a real top developer / elite hacker (like z, The_Laser or DoomLord) to check it for us. Maybe this is what they were looking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: OmegaRED^

silveraero

Jul 19, 2011
New York
Xiaomi Poco F3
They knew about that package long time ago in the kernel and bootloader passing thread.
Also, we WILL not have true multitouch cause this type of touch screen does not support it, all it can do is fake the dual touch. (As you see in new Xperia 2012 Sola phone, SONY combines this type of touch screen with new type (Arc type till now) so they can using without touch the screen, you will notice that you can use a soft cloth and touch the screen too)
About 16M colors, I'm not sure cause some source say this screen can display, some not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andre Verissimo

OmegaRED^

Oct 31, 2010
They knew about that package long time ago in the kernel and bootloader passing thread.

That means we are missing parts from the puzzle.
Continue voting please..

:edit
Thanks for editing after me hitting thanks.
Others are saying the opposite of what you have posted about the touch input.
We can still use the rest of the files.

Continue voting please..

Last edited:

OmegaRED^

Oct 31, 2010
Just wrote there some words from my heart :D. Best wishes about this petition. I hope Sony make some surprise for us. I really count on it, cause I wanted it so long, to make my projects better :).

I'm out of thanks..
Thanks allot.
we need all the support we can with this.

SysGhost

Jul 8, 2010
Stockholm
OnePlus 6

I just had a quick glance over the included kernel, which is of version 2.6.29 (As expected)
It's codename is "Temporary Tasmanian Devil"

As far as I can see with this quick glance, I cannot find any Sony / Sony Ericsson specific patches that might be needed for some of the devices hardware, such as the wireless and camera. The default source from the official kernel is there.

I haven't checked it out thorough yet, but It might be as some of us suspect: Some needed patches or "addins" might not be included at all.
I cannot find any separate patch files either, nor any signs where they could be.

It simply could mean that this included kernel is pre-patched, so someone need to extract these patches by comparing it to standard/official Android Linux 2.6.29 kernel sources.

Someone might ask: -"Isn't it the case that the default/standard Android Linux kernel 2.6.29 is the proper one?"
Well if that was the case, many problems would have been solved a long time ago. We know how hard it was to get the camera, wifi, bluetooth and some other hardware to work properly, as people either needed to pull small parts out of SE's developers, or simply reverse-engineer them.

My suspicion after the quick glance over:
We're having a default Android 2.6.29 Linux kernel without patches.
There's some included code in sub-folders under vendor/semc folder. Glansing that one over, it also appear to be some default sources. Nothing that stands out. But then I'm no expert in this.

I can be completely wrong here, as I just glanced it all over. Please do correct if I'm wrong (Which I hope to be ;) ).

egyptshun

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto
Signed and wrote a few words. I hope to God that our phones could be what they were meant to be or at least could be. Good luck Omega.

THeLogiC

Sep 19, 2011
Interesting comment from DooMLoRD.

yes i know... Sony is ahead of others in this matter... their low end device Tapioca (ST2x/WT2x) is going to have ICS!!! and trust me its going to create a HUGE uproar by users of X10, X10 mini, X10 mini pro, X8 as they have similar hardware to Tapioca...

we have better processor and screen than rumoured Tapioca but less ram.

king-iyokan

Mar 4, 2012
Banglore
This is for the benefit of all x10 Xperia users.
Sign this petition so we can gain any and all source or tools for our x10 from
Sony / Sony Ericsson.

This petition includes libraries for the camera, the screen or gpu and the touch input driver.

Only with your help can we truly make a difference.

http://www.change.org/petitions/sony-sony-erricson-source-code-if-any-available-for-the-x10-xperiahttp://www.change.org/petitions/sony-sony-erricson-source-code-if-any-available-for-the-x10-experia

Will this really work.

Petition signed

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
we have better processor and screen than rumoured Tapioca but less ram.

It's just business. They won't relase official ICS for device which has 3 years. Of course it's possible, but then they won't sell newer devices from 2011 or 2012 line. All what they can do is give us sources - then we start magic :).

BTW: I can tell that many polish people signed on this petition - I think my forum made a trick :D. Thank you all patriots! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: donpopiel and LJE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts