Sprint LG G2, no tethering option, bought from best buy.

Search This thread

fatboypup

Jul 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
www.myspace.com
lol i don't doubt that but i just had to give him hell because he was essentially trying to call us out who didn't have the tethering option and "debunk" it when it was just a simple statement that it wasn't there and was curious as to why, ive never really seen that happen before w/ an incomplete activation but its not like it really matters because theres tethering mods n **** out there that enable it anyway so just had to give him a little bit of hell haha

you've been debunked! you broke yer junk lol

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Apparently this issue is caused by not fully finishing the activation process for Sprint. Sprint base apps install after activation... my sneaking suspicion is they are installed via the "Sprint ID" app but Im not sure. Either try doing the activation again, or more likely to work is to do a full factory reset and make sure you do not interrupt the process all the way thru activation.

You will then have your tethering options back. Its likely the reps at bestbuy are bypassing that part of the activation process by interrupting it so they can finish your sale and get you outta there faster. Might also be unintentional on their part but who knows.

Do a factory reset.
    You need to do a factory reset, no It will not loose root or twrp. As soon as you the phone boots back up, update prl and profile. Make sure you are in a good data location or are hooked up on WiFi. After updating both of these your phone should install all the Sprint apps and you will have tether option in settings

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    So I'm lying? Lol.....stock v8 Rom, purchased from BB

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

By the way, I bought from BB as well and I have USB and Wifi Hotspot options, in case you wanted to know.