[4.0.4 IMM76D][ROM] EliteV10.1 Beta (13/04/12) PURE DROID AOSP GALAXY NEXUS S STOCK

Search This thread

allblackt

Dec 17, 2010
Tettnang
Meanwhile the IMM76L version is uploaded, I have been testing the stock kernel skorpion v2 (evolutioned by Elite from Devil) for several days.

It's working really well

http://letitbit.net/download/96012.966a4a067db1b0bb744d60846b89/Skorpion_s2.zip.html

WIPE or NO-WIPE ?

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Never got working nandroid restores on elite myself.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

The link was also posted about 3 days ago for Scorpion_s2, but it doesn't upgrade to IMM76l. I've been using it for 3 days and it's very stable, actually seems better than before, I didn't have issues before either.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

I tested a nandroid backup again and same problems, pull down menu disappears, phone and contacts apk disappears, yet when it creates and restores the backup seems like it goes thru every component like other backups. Can't figure it out why? Anyone??

To get a working CWM backup:

I made a backup of Elite 10.1 with Toggles. Steps to recover (Apps, data, I don't remember anything about home screen widgets, but those might have been recovered)

1. From CWM perform a WIPE install of WIPE Elite ROM (I tried with 9.1, it was the only WIPE version I had on my SDCARD)
2. Finish the install and install an Elite NO-WIPE version and wipe Dalvik / cache (10.1 worked directly over 9.1)
3. Boot successfully into your ROM and reboot into CWM
4. Perform the restore from CWM. Wipe Dalvik / cache just to be sure.
5. Boot your ROM. If you had Toggles installed, notice that you have no top bar :D
6. Boot into CWM and re-install the NO-WIPE version of Elite (delete cache, ofc)
7. Boot again to be sure that the top bar is in place.
8. Reboot recovery and flash toggles and wipe Dalvik / cache
9. Enjoy your fully working restored phone.
9.1 If you had non-default kernel, you prolly have to re-install that as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: artikeln

jj92942000

Jan 19, 2012
WIPE or NO-WIPE ?

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

To get a working CWM backup:

I made a backup of Elite 10.1 with Toggles. Steps to recover (Apps, data, I don't remember anything about home screen widgets, but those might have been recovered)

1. From CWM perform a WIPE install of WIPE Elite ROM (I tried with 9.1, it was the only WIPE version I had on my SDCARD)
2. Finish the install and install an Elite NO-WIPE version and wipe Dalvik / cache (10.1 worked directly over 9.1)
3. Boot successfully into your ROM and reboot into CWM
4. Perform the restore from CWM. Wipe Dalvik / cache just to be sure.
5. Boot your ROM. If you had Toggles installed, notice that you have no top bar :D
6. Boot into CWM and re-install the NO-WIPE version of Elite (delete cache, ofc)
7. Boot again to be sure that the top bar is in place.
8. Reboot recovery and flash toggles and wipe Dalvik / cache
9. Enjoy your fully working restored phone.
9.1 If you had non-default kernel, you prolly have to re-install that as well.

All the steps are the same as I made, except that I didn't install the NO-WIPE after the WIPE version. Did you try to test a backup made after you installed a bunch of apps and customized settings? My salvation has been Titanium, but I would really love to know I can recover a nandroid backup with confidence.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Actually no, I was asking how to flash this ROM from ICS :)
Anyway, thank you everyone for your help.

Best bet is to flash JVU again repartition then this ROM, when I tried from another ICS it became buggy after a while, see beginning of this thread.

allblackt

Dec 17, 2010
Tettnang
All the steps are the same as I made, except that I didn't install the NO-WIPE after the WIPE version. Did you try to test a backup made after you installed a bunch of apps and customized settings? My salvation has been Titanium, but I would really love to know I can recover a nandroid backup with confidence.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Best bet is to flash JVU again repartition then this ROM, when I tried from another ICS it became buggy after a while, see beginning of this thread.

If I recall correctly, you have to have the exact same system base before performing a CWM restore (IE: backup was made on 9.1. you install fully functional 9.1 and then make a restore, if you made the backup on 10.1, you install 10.1, make sure it's functional, then perform a CWM restore)

jj92942000

Jan 19, 2012
It was running perfect before I made the backup nandroid. Did it twice, same result. I think the wipe/no wipe might be the trick. I just don't want to redo everything.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

allblackt

Dec 17, 2010
Tettnang
It was running perfect before I made the backup nandroid. Did it twice, same result. I think the wipe/no wipe might be the trick. I just don't want to redo everything.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

yes, the wipe, no-wipe and install order is the trick. if you made the backup from 10.1 I think you can install the 10.1 WIPE version directly, restore backup, flash the 10.1 NO-WIPE.

nocio

Mar 6, 2011
Zagreb
LG G4
Huawei P40
elitemovil

Hey.
After fighting with the new IMM76I .... every time I get more difficult ...

- Added Power Menu (Testers know that is)
- Base IMM76I (As Google improves coverage improved battery I guess)
- More fine and fast (According to testers)
- Fix Market
- Script Mod (Changes the modem installation)
- Updated on 22 GAPPS
- Mount the external SD (In the tester does not )
this is future changelog i hope

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)
OnePlus 5T
Realme 7
Would be terrific!!! Power control widget is not as convenient.

ICS333 has that feature plus Longpress to kill apps, besides that I cant tell the difference between the two ROM's.
I'm currently trying ICS333 while waiting for next Elite, It would be nice if Elite "nicked or borrowed":rolleyes::rolleyes: those two items from 333 for the next release of an almost perfect ROM.

ste-1982

Aug 18, 2008
hi all
I have a problem (only one) with this rom.
I'm Italian and my operator (3) provides the voice and SMS roaming free even in the country (for example when the network does not take 3 connects to TIM) but not for the data. For this reason, I always turned off the option: data roaming and everything has always gone well with this rom until the system no longer recognizes when you are roaming on TIM and then I left the active data connection making it pay more !

I tried to reinstall the rom and do a wipe of everything but the problem still persists.
anyone have an idea?

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)
OnePlus 5T
Realme 7
hi all
I have a problem (only one) with this rom.
I'm Italian and my operator (3) provides the voice and SMS roaming free even in the country (for example when the network does not take 3 connects to TIM) but not for the data. For this reason, I always turned off the option: data roaming and everything has always gone well with this rom until the system no longer recognizes when you are roaming on TIM and then I left the active data connection making it pay more !

I tried to reinstall the rom and do a wipe of everything but the problem still persists.
anyone have an idea?
You can turn off data in settings.

kabracity

Apr 8, 2011
elitemovil

Hey.
After fighting with the new IMM76I .... every time I get more difficult ...

- Added Power Menu (Testers know that is)
- Base IMM76I (As Google improves coverage improved battery I guess)
- More fine and fast (According to testers)
- Fix Market
- Script Mod (Changes the modem installation)
- Updated on 22 GAPPS
- Mount the external SD (In the tester does not )

this is future changelog i hope

AFAIK IMM76I changes regarding the radio are Nexus S specifics to fix coverage losses when idle. I fail to see how this would affect our SGS or the battery.

Top Liked Posts