Malata Zpad T2

Search This thread

kank_fraud

Apr 4, 2010
Shillong
My touchscreen is failing and my tablet is just lying around
After 4 months I have turned on the tablet and there appears to be a vertical line now on the screen when I boot up
so kipperfish, maybe your touch screen is failing
I haven't been to this forum after my touchscreen became so patchy
So as I can't repair this by myself, so I havent been using it anymore.
Only now, just to watch a couple of videos.
Well ciao
Development also seems to be dead, so I'll just store it in my collection of ancient gadgets.

黄老头

Jul 17, 2012
who can give me one rom Smoother Bean by nobe1976

Who can help me ?
give me one rom of Smoother Bean by nobe1976

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After searching for ages, I stumbled upon a solution for my tablet. Although all GTab ROMS work in the Zpad, I haven't been able to use the full 1GB RAM present in my Zpad.

So Finally today I stumbled upon a solution posted in slatedroid by Micky.

Instead of flashing the Viewsonic ROM to start with, we need to flash this ROM instead.

After you download the ROM from the link above, search for the TeamDRH CWM 5.5.0.4 and download. Extract the RAR file and replace the recovery.img in the folder with the TeamDRH CWM, cuz the one in the ROM is too old and doesn't support the latest ROMs.

[Note: If you want a larger system partition, follow this.
    Open the file flash.cfg and find this no. 209715200 and replace it with this no.419430400
    Now when you flash this ROM, you will get a system partition of 400MB.
    If you use this method, you don't need to delete any system files after install from the ROM
    .]

Reboot the tab to CWM and wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache. Twice.

Shutdown and reboot to APX mode and connect to PC

NV Flash the ROM, let it boot and then shutdown.

Now to flash Jelly Bean.

Download Smoother Bean by nobe1976

Then boot the tablet to CWM

Again wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache. Twice just to be sure.

Flash the Smoother Bean zip file

Do not wipe data/factory reset or wipe dalvik cache this time.

Just reboot

Let it boot and run for a few minutes.

[Optional: Now install an app from play store to delete system apps and also a keyboard, Swipe or as such.

Open the system app remover and uninstall Gmail and AOSP Keyboard.

A few more apps can also be uninstalled, such as wallpapers, DSP Manager, Music FX, but not all.

Before deleting the AOKP Keyboard, you can copy it from the system folder if you want the stock keyboard. LatinIME.apk file.

(This does not apply if you modify the flash.cfg for larger system partition)
    We need to uninstall these apps cuz after flashing with the above ROM, the system partition is only 209MB, so after flashing JB, we get around 5-6 MB free in the system partition. After uninstalling the apps, we get around 34 MB free.
    ]

Hats off to nobe1976. He is able to develop a JB ROM that can be installed in a 200 MB system partition.

Well after everything, I hope whoever tried this in their MALATA Zpad is able to see full 1GB RAM, or around 850 MB approx.

[After this succesfull experiment, I would like to request a developer to kindly help us modify the system partition of the above ROM to 350 MB or more if possible.

Its a small request from us Zpad users.

(Note: From the help of all the users, I have been able to increase the system partitiom to 400MB)]

If anyone could help, I will be gratefull, we all will be very gratefull.

This is really pushing the limit.

Edit: Now you can use 1GB RAM present in your tablet and all the space available in the flash memory.

Note: This method can be used in all variants of the Zpad which has 1GB RAM and 16GB ROM.

Note: This tablet is sold by different names all over the world. The one I use is HCL AP10-A1
    After this succesfull experiment, I would like to request a developer to kindly help us modify the system partition of the above ROM to 350 MB or more if possible.

Though @rajeevvp is the best person on xda to give you solution that is more logical on this, I will tell you quick and dirty way to do this, which I have adopted.

1> download stock zpad rom if you don't have it already "ftp://112.5.164.225/tablePC/T2_nvflash_mp_3g(WCDMA)_20110824.rar"

2> unzip it, delete recovery.img from unzipped directory, copy part9.img from DRH nvflash which is used for prep 350M system partition to this directory, rename it to recovery.img

3> edit "android_fastboot_full_i_malata.cfg” change "size" of partition id 11 (which is a system partition)
    Make sure you do not give any arbitrary size here; calculate it with the formula @rajeevvp posted here "http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22138304&postcount=14"

4>now nvfalsh your tablet in apx mode with download.bat, now format /data /system /cache and flash whichever rom you want on top.

memory/partition config is supplied to kernel through CMDLINE parameter, so even if you nvflash tab with above procedure, its not necessary that default memory/partition sizes are maintained created by above prcoess, Team DRH boot.img has a blank CMDLINE. That is the reason
    Above process will work on most of the ROM, which is using TeamDRH boot.img.

(more technical explaination stright from one of the posts of @rajeevvp "When the bootloader runs, it reads PT (partition 3) and constructs a command line telling the kernel what the partition layout is on the onboard NAND flash. Normally, the bootloader will pass this command line to the kernel as part of the boot-up process. However, if the bootloader sees that the boot.img already contains a default command line then that will take precedence")
    I replaced the recovery image in the ROM as instructed in the first post but before flashing I edited the flash.cfg file to change the APP partition (id=11) size to 262144000 (250MB). I then followed the steps above but after flashing Smoother Bean it would always restart in recovery. I found I had to partition the internal SD to 4096/0 and then reload the rom and flash again. I now have a ZPad with a 250MB system partition and a total RAM of 871124 bytes. Thanks very much as it seems much faster now. Note I didn't have to remove any system apps in the process.