[STOCK][ROOT][ODIN] SGSIII I9305 Prerooted firmware Odex/Deodex

Search This thread

Madala_ZA

Feb 14, 2011
Johannesburg
Hi. If I understand correctly, flashing either the ODEX or DEODEX version using MobileODIN will not increment the binary counter when using the EverRoot feature (Pro version only).. is this correct? :confused:

So which is the better rom to flash? ODEX or DEODEX? :confused: I have some understanding of the theory i.e. DEODEX modifies the APK to include the ODEX file, I also understand that DEODEX roms have advantages for themers because they're dealing with one file (APK) per app, whereas ODEX keeps apps as two separate files (apparently this makes the APK load faster and the phone boot faster)...

But what does it mean for me in the day-to-day use of my phone? What I'm really asking is this: which is the better rom to flash and why? (keeping in mind I do not want to increment my binary counter)..

A.S._id

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2010
ADDED

Android - Jelly Bean 4.1.2
PUSH THE BUTTON

PDA:
I9305XXBMA4_ROOT_ODEX 746327
I9305XXBMA4_ROOT_DEODEX 746327

CSC_HOME:
CSC_I9305TPHBMA1_TPH Portugal

MODEM:
MODEM_I9305XXBLL5

BOOTLOADER:
BOOTLOADER_I9305XXBMA4

DOWNGRADE BOOTLOADER I9305 after flash NEW!

A.S._id

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2010
Why would you want old bootloader back ? Any limitations with newer ?

For example, because the old shows no exclamation mark at custom recovery, and don't back counter custom binary after reset via triangle away

In general, I do not force it, just found it necessary to add, if you already have that opportunity. Suddenly, someone should ...

Last edited:

lyoddxd

Apr 12, 2012
So.. with this thing... i can flash 4.3 with knox bootloader, then downgrade bootloader to a non-knox one and then i can flash a custom firmware and kerbel without knox warranty void being set to 0x1?

AMoizK

Dec 7, 2013
Rawalpindi
So.. with this thing... i can flash 4.3 with knox bootloader, then downgrade bootloader to a non-knox one and then i can flash a custom firmware and kerbel without knox warranty void being set to 0x1?

I think this has been disscussed many times knox boot loader is write protected and it u cant be downgraded and if u try to downgrade it your flag will be set to 0 *1 and still your boot loader wont downgrade

lyoddxd

Apr 12, 2012
I think this has been disscussed many times knox boot loader is write protected and it u cant be downgraded and if u try to downgrade it your flag will be set to 0 *1 and still your boot loader wont downgrade

Well.. **** samsung and their knox.... i am still waiting for a smart developer to remove the knox from the 4.3 package so he can give us a fully-customizable touch-wiz-based android 4.3 without the knox flag

winny57

Jan 21, 2013
Hello
You link for bootloader i9305xxbma4 (4.1.2) dead
This possible you post new link?

"Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9305 avec Tapatalk"

Qkret

Mar 7, 2012
Tarnów
I have a question because I have installed the original 4.3 on i9305 and if there is a way to return to the original 4.1.2 without pump the Knox and want everything to work properly? please help

Last edited:

fzeta

I have a question because I have installed the original 4.3 on i9305 and if there is a way to return to the original 4.1.2 without pump the Knox and want everything to work properly? please help

For now you can return to a previous firmware to flash my modified only by the "recovery"

While the bootloader "sboot.bin" is working on it.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9305 usando Tapatalk 2

sugar 7

Jan 10, 2011
Paris
Hey dev good news because I have Knox and I m very hungry ! Witch file need need flash in recovery to remove knox ?

Thanks !

Envoyé de mon GT-I9305 en utilisant Tapatalk

Jhowlett

Feb 6, 2009
Hey dev good news because I have Knox and I m very hungry ! Witch file need need flash in recovery to remove knox ?

Thanks !

Re-read the first post... It is (normally) possible to downgrade the bootloader for removing the knoxed one and so knox and knox warranty void flag ;)

sugar 7

Jan 10, 2011
Paris
Re-read the first post... It is (normally) possible to downgrade the bootloader for removing the knoxed one and so knox and knox warranty void flag ;)

ok if I understand

1 : flash with adb the file restore bootloader

2 : flash the modied firmware

3 : flash another custom I wan t

right ?

adamuadamu

Dec 9, 2011
Poznan

are you sure it would work for KNOX bootloaders? ever tried it? because the thread was started and edited when knox hadn't been released yet and as far as I unterstand, it enables to downgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.1.1

if it had been true, it'd be great, but I'm skeptical until anyone confirms

Jhowlett

Feb 6, 2009
ok if I understand

1 : flash with adb the file restore bootloader

2 : flash the modied firmware

3 : flash another custom I wan t

right ?

Yes, that I had understand... BUT never tested by me, never up to date on a knoxed firmware (ouf)

are you sure it would work for KNOX bootloaders? ever tried it? because the thread was started and edited when knox hadn't been released yet and as far as I unterstand, it enables to downgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.1.1

if it had been true, it'd be great, but I'm skeptical until anyone confirms

Never tested by myself, but tested by an user an another forum, good feedback on knoxed bootloader ;)

Edit : the original (french) thread where I discovered THIS thread > HERE <. The user says she was under 4.3 and downgrade her booloader with THIS method

Last edited:
Reactions: adamuadamu

adamuadamu

Dec 9, 2011
Poznan
thanks for the info, tried to read (and understand) using google translate - so it seems that except temporary efs wipe that has been recovered later, the bootloader can be really downgraded, wow.

sorry for all the OT, but I see your activity in the thread you posted - could you send a PM over the French forum to the lady that has done the downgrade to take a picture how her bootloader screen looks like right now, after the downgrade? btw. I wonder how (or IF) it works if the phone was manufactured with 4.3 and KNOX onboard pre-installed

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts