Another 4.3 bootloader question...sorry

Search This thread

Djspinister

Jul 13, 2010
Dallas
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I just want to be absolutely sure, so here goes. I am on stock, rooted 4.1.1 at the moment. If I just let AT&T run the 4.3 update, I can still keep/reroot root, I just can't go back to 4.1.1 correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using a failing xda app-developers app

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I just want to be absolutely sure, so here goes. I am on stock, rooted 4.1.1 at the moment. If I just let AT&T run the 4.3 update, I can still keep/reroot root, I just can't go back to 4.1.1 correct?

Yeah, that's correct. If you go stock 4.3, via the OTA update, you will lose root initially. You can, however, always re-root. The most effective method to root after 4.3 is to Odin TWRP, boot to recovery and then flash SuperSu and the knox remover tool via recovery. Install SuperSU from the play store and run it to update the binary when prompted.

Reactions: Djspinister

Djspinister

Jul 13, 2010
Dallas
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Won't let me thank you on the mobile app, so I'll do it when I get home from work, thank you! Wonder what happened to the premium version I paid for. Took my money and ran lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Installing the OTA 4.3 update will also install Knox. Rooting will trip the Knox counter which will void your warranty. If you have no warranty left, tripping knox will now be a problem.

You should also know that Knox can sometimes interfere with obtaining root.

Djspinister

Jul 13, 2010
Dallas
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Installing the OTA 4.3 update will also install Knox. Rooting will trip the Knox counter which will void your warranty. If you have no warranty left, tripping knox will now be a problem.

You should also know that Knox can sometimes interfere with obtaining root.

So one person saying you can root no problem, another one saying you might be able to root, might not? This is why there should be a very clear sticky at the top of the forums for everyone to read about just 4.3 and all there is to know about it. Because maybe's are pretty terrible when it comes to flashing/unlocking/rooting/bricking your device.

I don't care about warranty, I'm getting the S5 shortly, I just want to be able to root after the update, is that possible with lets just say the Auto root program, or is it not possible? By possible, I mean I won't have to go out and trade 7 cows for a horse and plow a 600 acre field with said horse. :p

EDIT: I think I've fingered it out, Thanks for the help fellas.

Last edited:

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
So one person saying you can root no problem, another one saying you might be able to root, might not? This is why there should be a very clear sticky at the top of the forums for everyone to read about just 4.3 and all there is to know about it. Because maybe's are pretty terrible when it comes to flashing/unlocking/rooting/bricking your device.

I don't care about warranty, I'm getting the S5 shortly, I just want to be able to root after the update, is that possible with lets just say the Auto root program, or is it not possible? By possible, I mean I won't have to go out and trade 7 cows for a horse and plow a 600 acre field with said horse. :p

There is no question about it. You can root even after 4.3 OTA. I've done it half a dozen times. Audit is right that you will trip the warranty but since this isn't an issue ...

The usual methods of rooting including CF Auto-Root don't always work and the method I've used with success each time is Option 2 in the thread below. The knox removal script disables knox ...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2538991

Last edited:
Reactions: Djspinister

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah, that's correct. If you go stock 4.3, via the OTA update, you will lose root initially. You can, however, always re-root. The most effective method to root after 4.3 is to Odin TWRP, boot to recovery and then flash SuperSu and the knox remover tool via recovery. Install SuperSU from the play store and run it to update the binary when prompted.

There is no question about it. You can root even after 4.3 OTA. I've done it half a dozen times. Audit is right that you will trip the warranty but since this isn't an issue ...

The usual methods of rooting including CF Auto-Root don't always work and the method I've used with success each time is Option 2 in the thread below. The knox removal script disables knox ...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2538991