FreeFly ROM for MotoACTV

Search This thread

carlaw

Jan 18, 2009
NEED HELP!

excuse me, mine is dead
(pls solve my problem and you'll take one big beer........$$$$)

my motoactv was suddenly stuck, it charge, but don't boot just the red M, i read all available in the net, i'm able to do fastboot but don't able to install any rom.
i'd like your stock with 1% battery,
please be patient.......:crying:

could you explain step by step with links to download ?

thx a lot

tonino12

Nov 21, 2008
One last thing for a while. Since I actually use my MotoACTV for my runs, the one root function I really couldn't live without is the 1% battery increments.
So here is a stock 1.7.10 ROM, rooted, but only modified for 1% battery increments:

Is there the possibility having the same modding (1% battery increments) on the European stock rooted ROM? :rolleyes:
Thanks
:)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are probably better ROMs out there. If you're using this there's probably something wrong with you.

But...

I am posting a working, fairly bare-bones rooted ROM for MotoACTV. Works for me, your mileage may vary.

• base software 1.7.10
    • 1% battery update (thanks ClearD)
    • Google Apps version gapps-gb-20110828-signed
    • Android Market installed and working except search
    • Market Search installed (thanks Ianas)
    • Ad Free
    • ClockWorkMod Recovery CWM v5.0.2.8
    • DPRoldan's resigned Apps
    • Screen DPI set to 100 (makes SU buttons visible and Market work better)

To access the apps press the "volume down" button and it will bring up a tray with the App icons. Google Apps will be there. It takes a bit after first booting to show all the apps. The Android Market App may not appear until you connect it to wireless and possibly set up a google account, though all I think it really needs is Internet access. I'm not sure why. Once you open the tray with the volume down button, press the "home" icon to get back to the MotoACTV launcher.

If you don't like losing the volume down button you can use this tool to map it back. I personally don't listen to music while running, so it doesn't bother me.

VERY IMPORTANT: Before connecting the device to your MotoACTV account (choose "later" when given the option), configure your wireless access, enable wifi, and set up your google account (if you don't see the Market App in the tray after pressing volume down use google talk). Then in settings choose Acounts and Sync and disable calendar sync (I disable email sync here too). This will prevent FC messages from Google Apps from popping up whenever you connect to wireless.

You can burn it using CWM recovery, or the command line way:
    Code:
    fastboot -w
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot reboot

Download links:
    MD5 (rooted_MA_1-7-10_N8-1.zip) = f3deab88d66204e9d3351370aa0fb919

Since I found myself repeatedly burning CEnnis91's stock 166 image then upgrading over and over to get to 1.7.10, I decided to capture and post a stock 1.7.10 image:
    MD5 (stock_MA_1_7_10_N8.zip) = 1dd5c985b52ab40a3f7771148b87a4db

One last thing for a while. Since I actually use my MotoACTV for my runs, the one root function I really couldn't live without is the 1% battery increments.
    So here is a stock 1.7.10 ROM, rooted, but only modified for 1% battery increments:
    MD5 (rooted_MA_1-7-10_N8-2.zip) = c4e069e0e1c9c595fd5165b9a107263a

Note: I just finished a 14 mile 2:40 min run using this image, no battery management stuff (screen stayed on the whole time, default brightness, 1 sec GPS data) and still had 61% battery at the end. LOVE the battery improvements with the 1.7 series.
    Sure, it's pretty easy. I'm surprised he's not making them that way since now he knows how to do it and he's very smart. Must want people to use his flash tool...!
    How do you put your rom or any rom on the motoactv? I have already rooted using the root tool. Also I haven't seen how to boot into recovery. Is it possible via a button combo like a phone? Thanks

Hi all the info your looking for is in the OP of this thread.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app