S1 Service/S1 boot fastboot drivers

Search This thread

mushtafa

Aug 19, 2011
West Sussex, UK
Right, been trying to enter fastboot/bootloader. The phone is completely standard/locked at the moment.

I've press and held the volume button while connecting the USB cable. I'm running Windows 7 64bit and have PC companion installed. Windows sees the device is plugged in, and attempts to install drivers - it fails. In device manager is shows S1 service without drivers installed.

I've downloaded some drivers from the Sony site here: http://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/drivers/fastboot-driver/ but when I point the PC to the directory, it says it can't find drivers?

I'm confused! I've got all the ADB stuff installed already and can successfully connect my HTC, so I assume it's just the Sony driver I need?

Reactions: kasall7

Brody5

Aug 17, 2011
England
Right, been trying to enter fastboot/bootloader. The phone is completely standard/locked at the moment.

I've press and held the volume button while connecting the USB cable. I'm running Windows 7 64bit and have PC companion installed. Windows sees the device is plugged in, and attempts to install drivers - it fails. In device manager is shows S1 service without drivers installed.

I've downloaded some drivers from the Sony site here: http://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/drivers/fastboot-driver/ but when I point the PC to the directory, it says it can't find drivers?

I'm confused! I've got all the ADB stuff installed already and can successfully connect my HTC, so I assume it's just the Sony driver I need?

I would also like to know this. I cant manager to get into fastboot or bootloader

Reactions: euojunior

Brody5

Aug 17, 2011
England
I was just going to post that here.. Thanks for your hard work DoomLord

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nov 9, 2011
Kuala Terengganu

Make sure you install flashmode / flashboot driver on flashtool driver pack... run flashtool xperia driver setup and under choose component make sure you tick flashmode / flashboot box... hope works friend....

Reactions: Hesham-Abbas
Easy way to get it is by... Going to Sony's site, downloading their software and then installing it. Next run the software and select the repair option.. After a while it will download the SOMC driver and install it. You can CTL ALT DEL and kill the Sony app if you don't want to take repair matters further.. And there is your driver! Go and back it up or check the install cache for the installer and save this. Choice is yours.

NOTE: Make sure your firewall is not blocking any of the directories it requires for operation. If so just open control access to these and you're good to go.

AveoVeva

Jan 16, 2020
Mysuru
Was that message for me? Do note that the Trim Area for the same is corrupted. @noidodroid Could you please elaborate the above procedure? Also, if it's about any Sony tool, those won't recognise the device since the trim area also holds info and DRM's for device iirc.

Reactions: noidodroid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I would also like to know this. I cant manager to get into fastboot or bootloader

Make sure you install flashmode / flashboot driver on flashtool driver pack... run flashtool xperia driver setup and under choose component make sure you tick flashmode / flashboot box... hope works friend....
    Was that message for me? Do note that the Trim Area for the same is corrupted. @noidodroid Could you please elaborate the above procedure? Also, if it's about any Sony tool, those won't recognise the device since the trim area also holds info and DRM's for device iirc.