Ozone Verizon (Cedar): SSPL, HardSPL and original SPL by JockyW

Search This thread

kenshi8n

Dec 19, 2010
Hi, I have sim unlocked my HTC Ozone but I'm out of the United States at the moment and my GSM sim card is recognised alright. My problem is with the Assisted Dialing function. It starts every call with +1 which doesnt call but it recieves calls. I can't seem to find where to deactivate the assistance and also tried flashing like u showed here but it always disconnects when the screen goes black. I can see CEDA100 Spl-0.44.0000 MicroP-cedarHW (LED) v58B showing up on the multicolored page. Is there any help for me?

d.phanindra

Jan 1, 2011
Its not working for me

I am trying for hardsspl on my HTC Ozone.
It stays at 0% and comes with error262 : update error :(
Please advise..

Juan Handed

Jan 15, 2011
Is there a special procedure for Ozones with the HTC 6.5 Upgrade?

I would love to give my Ozone the HardSPL....

...but when I download the HardSPL by JockyW,connect the Ozone to my computer via USB and Windows Mobile Device Center,and Extract files,nothing seems to happen.Am I supposed to be prompted to do something at that point?

I don't seem to be getting any directions on the computer side or any reaction on the phone side. Just reading through some of the posts it is not clear if this can be done with the HTC 6.5 upgrade. A post above seems to indicate that the device needs to be cleaned back to factory setting to do the HardSPL? If that's true I need to set aside more time than I have this moment to back some stuff up.

I think enough of these devices are upgraded to 6.5 at this point,it would be nice to get a definitive guide to install the HardSPL on them.

I apologize if this has been cleared up already.I did a little searching in a few threads and it was difficult to tell.

I would spend more time searching on the topic but I have a really high maintenance girlfriend and that limits my search capabilities.:mad:

Mr. Clown

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee - Fear a Clown
Staff member
Nov 29, 2008
Lake Ridge, Virginia
I would love to give my Ozone the HardSPL....

...but when I download the HardSPL by JockyW,connect the Ozone to my computer via USB and Windows Mobile Device Center,and Extract files,nothing seems to happen.Am I supposed to be prompted to do something at that point?

I don't seem to be getting any directions on the computer side or any reaction on the phone side. Just reading through some of the posts it is not clear if this can be done with the HTC 6.5 upgrade. A post above seems to indicate that the device needs to be cleaned back to factory setting to do the HardSPL? If that's true I need to set aside more time than I have this moment to back some stuff up.

I think enough of these devices are upgraded to 6.5 at this point,it would be nice to get a definitive guide to install the HardSPL on them.

I apologize if this has been cleared up already.I did a little searching in a few threads and it was difficult to tell.

I would spend more time searching on the topic but I have a really high maintenance girlfriend and that limits my search capabilities.:mad:

You need to run the "autobat file" from the extracted files after you synced your phone. After that, You will get screen instructions.

Juan Handed

Jan 15, 2011
^ Nvm my previous post.

Here's what I did to get HardSPL working (finally!):

1.) ActiveSync to my computer
2.) Run SDA Unlock
3.) Reboot phone (turn off / on)
4.) Run auto.bat
5.) Keep pressing enter until you see 'Are you connected to USB?'
6.) ActiveSync will pop up and say "Not connected"
7.) You will then see in a pop-up on your screen that USB is connected (I got the Qualcomm Phone and then HTC USB Sync connected)
8.) Afterwards, press enter in the DOS window where it said "Do you have USB connection?"
9.) Click through the ROM Utility and let it do its thing.
10.) My ROM Utility said you have to flash to ROM image 1.0000xxxx and I pressed Next until it said "This will take 10 minutes. Do not disconnect from USB."
11.) It went from 0% to 100% in less than 10 seconds.
12.) Then it said 'Device will connect to ActiveSync. Click Finish."

After that, ActiveSync will connect to your Ozone.

I wanted to make sure I had HARDSPL 0.39 on my phone, so I placed BootLoader.exe into my My Windows device folder (Click Explore in ActiveSync). I ran it from my phone (Settings > File Explorer > find the BootLoader.exe and click Okay center silver button).

It will show the tri-color screen and for me, it said CEDA100 0.39HARD.

Now I'm going to try to run the RomUpdateUtility.exe (the 90-100MB one, not the one you ran in HardSPL).

I'll report back and let you guys know what's gonna happen.

I get to step #9 and then I keep getting a screen that says:

Error[202]:Connection
The Update Utility cannot connect to your smartphone.Please check that the USB cradle/cable is connected properly between your smartphone and PC.

When I go back to the Windows Mobile Device Center it still shows everything being connected.I have run this with different USB ports as suggested
elsewhere in this thread.

I have even ignored that screen for 20 minutes without touching anything to see if the screen itself was a mistake and things were running through but apparently not.

Any suggestions?

Juan Handed

Jan 15, 2011
I read thru this thread more thoroughly and can now get to step#10 above,but cant't get past 0% loading before I get the connection error message.

I have tried messing around with the USB sitiuation,as that seemed to be the key for several people...I lowered the USB setting on the phone and ran the procedure through each of the USB ports on my laptop.Sill unsuccessful.

After reading through the thread,it is still not clear if anyone has been able to get HardSPL on a phone with the official HTC 6.5 WinMo upgrade.(SPL 0.44)

Out of all the posts there is one person who claims that they were able to get HardSPL on a device with WinMO 6.5,but there seems to be some thought that the official upgrade does not allow HardSPL,while some of the upgrades prior to the official upgrades do.

I'd play around with this more,but I would like to know if it has ever been done with the official HTC 6.5 upgrade before I put more time into it.

If you know of someone,or if you have done it yourself,please let us know.

(the SDA unlock indicates that it is able and successful in unlocking my device,but how can one check for certain?

jenson611

Feb 25, 2011
Ok this seems to be common and maybe i missed some thing but i could use some help
i have the ozone cedar100 with the off wm6.5 and a spl of 0.44.0000 i have tryed EVERY thing in this forum on it still no dice any ideas or better yet a nice newer (wm6.5) step by step?
thank you all

never mind...
i seem to have bricked it
not powering on no charge light... Doh

Last edited:

Massilonnunes

Oct 1, 2011
Unable to Access Vodafone Internet on HTC Ozone Verizoin wireless

Hello all,

I am not able to access the Internet on my HTC Verizon Ozone.. the Handset was originally unlocked and I can makes call and send SMS but the only issue is with Internet service with service provider Vodafone / Airtel.... can anyone please advise how can i activate the same... Please be informed that manual setting is perfectly done..

Regards,

Massilon

antyhero

Oct 23, 2008
Sevastopol
JumpSPL.exe 0x00000000 sspl-cedar-0.39.nb

After this - black screen and device freeze. Help - only pull out battery.

What is the problem ???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attached you find all you need to flash cooked ROMs on your Ozone (Cedar).

The sspl/hardspl are confirmed to work fine on the HTC Cedar platform (Ozone).

It will not work on the HTC Maple platform (Dash3G). Running this sspl on a Dash3G will definitely brick it. Also the HTC Willow platform (SNAP S511, Sprint) is not supported. For the Dash3G I have already developed a sspl/hardspl. Users of the S511 have to wait until I feel motivated ..

The packages contains a SSPL, HardSPL, patched ROM updater and the original Ozone SPL. The package is based on SPL v0.39

Instructions:
    1. remove SD and SIM cards (don't forget otherwise the sspl is likely not to work!!)
    2. connect your device to your pc with a USB cable and wait until it is synced
    3. extract the file "Ozone HardSPL by JockyW.zip" and execute "auto.bat"
    4. follow all instructions given on screen: first the sspl is copied to the device and executed. You must confirm running JumpSPL on the device: first time you must click Yes to allow it to run, you also must click the trackball to continue execution of JumpSPL. The device display will turn dark and after that the romupdate tool will install the hardspl on your device. (the identification string in the tri-color bootloader screen is "0.39.Hard")
    5. to test the sspl and the hardspl you can flash the attached splash.nbh

Once the HardSPL is installed on your device you can flash any Ozone cooked or original ROM.

Have fun,
    JockyW

PS: Moderators please make this a sticky. Thanks.