[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [d2spr]

Search This thread

cmdmoto

Nov 15, 2013
Texas
Lte is back for me and persisted through multiple reboots. This is on a clean install after updating prl and profile through a tw rom. I'm also on mk5.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393620388976.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393620388976.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 191

zllovesuki

Feb 21, 2013
No Data

Guys, I flashed the latest nighty (02/28) and everything works except for data. Suggestions?

Baseband: L710VPBMD4

trouinky

Jul 29, 2008
Guys, I flashed the latest nighty (02/28) and everything works except for data. Suggestions?

Baseband: L710VPBMD4

Did you flash d2lte or d2spr? If its the former, those builds don't work well for sprint. If you flashed d2spr I'd suggest a clean flash and perhaps a prl update via a TW rom prior to flashing. I lost LTE for a few nightlies and didn't get it back until I did that. Also, I flashed the MK3 modem as well (my TW backup is MD4). Never lost data completely, though, just LTE.

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
So.....just to confirm what I think I'm understanding from last few posts ... LTE is working great on d2spr-builds and "sticks" after reboots ???

zllovesuki

Feb 21, 2013
Did you flash d2lte or d2spr? If its the former, those builds don't work well for sprint. If you flashed d2spr I'd suggest a clean flash and perhaps a prl update via a TW rom prior to flashing. I lost LTE for a few nightlies and didn't get it back until I did that. Also, I flashed the MK3 modem as well (my TW backup is MD4). Never lost data completely, though, just LTE.

It's one of those APN problems. I am on d2lte, but it shouldn't be the problem. The problem was APN. I am with Ting, therefore APN should be "n.t8.ispsn" and not the default whatever that was. LTE and 3G no problem ever since.

Mr. Struck

May 20, 2013
Longmont, Colorado
It's one of those APN problems. I am on d2lte, but it shouldn't be the problem. The problem was APN. I am with Ting, therefore APN should be "n.t8.ispsn" and not the default whatever that was. LTE and 3G no problem ever since.

Agreed on the APN issue. Users on Virgin Mobile have always had to flash an APN fix in order to properly use Sprint ROM's, from before the unified builds, and I don't know of any VM users who had LTE issues to the degree that the Sprint users did, if at all, thanks to the ability to have the proper APN's.

dcmasta

Jun 17, 2010
Tampa Bay, FL
I'm running the 2/28 nightly and having problems with the camera. When I go from Video and record then end recording, I switch to camera and it locks up the app. I have to force close it then I get the cannot connect to camera error. Anyone else?

cmdmoto

Nov 15, 2013
Texas
I'm running the 2/28 nightly and having problems with the camera. When I go from Video and record then end recording, I switch to camera and it locks up the app. I have to force close it then I get the cannot connect to camera error. Anyone else?

If your camera is crashing, wipe your internal storage before installing the rom. If that does not work, try bthorne79's camera fix. Remove the old camera & Gallery and installed the .apk and then reboot. It should fix it. Give props to bthorne79 for his work.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48185818&postcount=173

enzyme

Sep 30, 2008
This is great. I have this on my gf's S3, my note3, and father's S2.

Wondering if this rom has built in, the system wide ThemeChooser. On the S2 rom it was in the Interface setting, but am not seeing it here. Was it left out?

banstew

Aug 21, 2010
Anyone having menu - > settings not working?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [d2spr], ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    CarbonDev, BigShotRob22
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-02-03
    Last Updated 2014-06-07
    I just installed 4-17 clean, there is something not quite right. It ask for a SIM card to even get in the Mobile plan settings... yeah... maybe tomorrow.

Same with the 04/18 build.

FYI to everyone -- I wouldn't recommend flashing the 04/17 or 04/18 builds as they don't appear to be working properly. Both of them erased the MIN, PRL, MEID, IMEI and APN's on my device. Luckily I made a nandroid first.

FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK! :)
    Lte is back for me and persisted through multiple reboots. This is on a clean install after updating prl and profile through a tw rom. I'm also on mk5.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
    I will do a install very soon, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Just did a dirty flash as well, can't get it to boot up. Stuck in the Samsung screen with the Carbon logo at the bottom.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

I'll wait until they get it sort out. I wonder if other devices are having similar problems.

The file size is too small by about 11MB. This happened a few nights ago on one of the d2lte builds as well, and nobody could get that one to boot either. Clearly it is missing something important; I kind of wonder why this isn't getting checked at the time of upload by the Carbon team, at the very least to ensure the size of the file is correct. Might have something to do with all their server changes lately, who knows.

Edit/Update: Just checked the Carbon Google+ page, and they have acknowledged that they forgot to put in the proprietary files, and this issue will be fixed on the next nightly. I will say that I like that they moved away from the unified builds in rather prompt fashion after many, many users had issues, which is happening on all ROM's using the unified builds from what I have read on XDA.
    Can i have whatever nightly works best for you?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I'm at work right now but I had previously posted a couple of them over on Android Forums for the Virgin Mobile and Boost users.
    If you go to the subforum for rooted users of this phone over there, the thread is called Official Carbon KitKat Nightlies. Otherwise, if you can wait until late tonight I can pm you some links.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk