[ROM] CR96 Touch HD™ 2.0 by RoryB

Search This thread

RoryB

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
I have begun reaching beyond my continuation of S.V.I's great Angel ROMs and will start looking to WM6.5 and 6.5.x ROMs.

I will be standing on the shoulders of Cracing's work with CR96 ROMs.

I add Smartskey, QuickMenu and xTask. I update to dotFred TaskManager version 3.3 too.

Some notes:
  • At home screen, left soft key is Start. Quickly tap image or touch left soft key and the honeycomb start menu comes up. Long press the left soft key and QuickMenu comes up.
  • With the honeycomb menu showing you can long press the right soft key and it will close, but not permanently like it used to. I figured out the exception for smartskey.
  • My ROM parses SDAUTO without SDAutoRun, but you need to make this change. Copy SDConfig.txt to SDAUTO folder and rename to Config.txt. Edit the file to remove HIDE:, RESET, LOCK, etc. Change CAB: to MCAB: without a space after to allow manual install of the cab. Change CAB: to SCAB: without a space after to allow automatically selecting to install the cab to the storage card.
  • If you do not create a Config.txt under SDAUTO, my ROM will parse the SDConfig.txt in the root, but it will ignor the LOCK and HIDE commands so all of your cabs will install automatically where ever they install by default.
  • In most of my ROMS I have started to use the Extended_ROM for more stuff to install. I have not done that with Cracing's. BUT, if you have a Config.txt in your Extended_ROM it will get parsed. I suggest you use the ROM with the empty ExtROM included. If you do not want to overwrite your ExtROM I include a version with no ExtROM.
I haved switched to Connection setup so...

Connection Setup, Data Base Cabs

15.0144 : Link ( From Topaz 1.43.720.1 ROM ) ( Taken from Indian Device, STRONGLY RECOMMENDED FOR INDIAN USERS )
15.0137 : Link ( From Topaz 1.40.707.1 ROM )

Note #1: Connection Setup don't work without installing the data base cab.
Note #2: Install the latest version data base cab and use the connection setup from settings -> connections.

Last edited:

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
1.9 m2d rom

From Cracing's CR96 Touch HD thread.
Hello guys,
Finally sold out my wizard today. However, sorry wasn't able to release finallROMs but 3.3 RC5 Reloaded is almost stable, bugfree and final.
I will try to post my latest ROM source ( kitchen ) asap.
Till then you could use 1.9 M2D ROM kitchen found here. Pass : fuze
Enjoy It!!!
Feel free to ask any help or etc, I will be glad to support. :)
Best Regards
Thank you for this. I have been learning more about WM6.5 through your kitchen. I have cooked this with some changes. I added Smartskey, QuickMenu and xTask. I update to dotFred TaskManager 3.3 version.

Some notes:
  • At home screen, left soft key is Start. Quickly tap image or touch left soft key and the honeycomb start menu comes up. Long press the left soft key and QuickMenu comes up.
  • With the honeycomb menu showing you can long press the right soft key and it will close, but not permanently like it used to. I figured out the exception for smartskey.
  • My ROM parses SDAUTO without SDAutoRun, but you need to make this change. Copy SDConfig.txt to SDAUTO folder and rename to Config.txt. Edit the file to remove HIDE:, RESET, LOCK, etc. Change CAB: to MCAB: without a space after to allow manual install of the cab. Change CAB: to SCAB: without a space after to allow automatically selecting to install the cab to the storage card.
  • In most of my ROMS I have started to use the Extended_ROM for more stuff to install. I have not done that with Cracing's. BUT, if you have a Config.txt in your Extended_ROM it will get parsed. I suggest you use the ROM with the empty ExtROM included. If you do not want to overwrite your ExtROM I include a version with no ExtROM.
http://rapidshare.com/files/378476992/CR96_empty_ExtROM_nk.nbf
http://rapidshare.com/files/378476990/CR96_no_ExtROM_nk.nbf
This is Cracing's ROM from the kitchen he posted, the only things I changed are listed above.

Later I will be tweaking to improve anything I can if it is possible. Right now it looks to have 17 to 18 MB RAM free and about 35 MB Memory free.

Here are the final versions. Sorry the best I can do is still 16 to 18 MB RAM.
I did update some things and added Adobe Reader, so I took out the games.

http://rapidshare.com/files/380167573/Final_CR96_no_ExtROM_nk.nbf

http://rapidshare.com/files/380167572/Final_CR96_empty_ExtROM_nk.nbf

Last edited:

n2rjt

Good job, RoryB!
I have been busy, but will try your ROM.
My real interest is the RC5 kitchen, since RC5 is my all-time favorite 6.5 ROM.
I can do little things, like update the apps, but I've always struggled when trying to update OS.

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
I have played a bit with this released version. Cannot seem to get more RAM. I have tweaked a few things in and out. Probably will release a final version next week.

Will skip Extendir for now since it is in flux at the moment.

So, I will start looking at Cracing's other kitchen release. Version 6.5.0.3.3 RC5 Reloaded

gracco

Apr 11, 2009
You can build a multi-language ROM with the Italian language? I also want to learn it yourself but I need help. If you want I can help with the translation into Italian.

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
I apologize. I do not know how to build for other languages and my kitchen is manual. I mean it is not visual kitchen where you can select languages. You have to put the correct OEM and ROM folders into the batch to build different languages.

n2rjt

I have RC5 in post 3

It has some interesting changes.
At first glance, I think I like the original look better. CRACING always gave the roms a look that could pass for an official rom, and I liked that. Yet some of the new things are useful. So it's a trade-off.
Battery bar: useful
Memory bar: useful
Quickmenu: Useful, but it makes me pull out my stylus.
Smartskey: excellent! CRACING used to include this, but stopped when it had problems with 6.5. I'd rather it start the 6.5 menu instead of quickmenu.
Icons of running programs: handy way to switch tasks, but clogs the top bar, and not touch friendly. Alttab is better.
Digital display of free memory: seems redundant to me.
Task manager change: I like the old one better.
File Manager: I don't like the change in the folder selector.

Seems to have decent free RAM. I wonder what it would be without the add-ons.

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
It has some interesting changes.
At first glance, I think I like the original look better. CRACING always gave the roms a look that could pass for an official rom, and I liked that. Yet some of the new things are useful. So it's a trade-off.
Battery bar: useful
Memory bar: useful
Quickmenu: Useful, but it makes me pull out my stylus.
Smartskey: excellent! CRACING used to include this, but stopped when it had problems with 6.5. I'd rather it start the 6.5 menu instead of quickmenu.
Icons of running programs: handy way to switch tasks, but clogs the top bar, and not touch friendly. Alttab is better.
Digital display of free memory: seems redundant to me.
Task manager change: I like the old one better.
File Manager: I don't like the change in the folder selector.

Seems to have decent free RAM. I wonder what it would be without the add-ons.
I tend to create basic black ROMs.
QuickMenu can be configured to have larger items to be more finger friendly.
If you exit QuickMenu, Smartskey long press left will open the honeycomb. Old version start menu does not seem to exist in WM6.5
Yeah I am still thinking of going back to the older version of dotFred's task manager. It seemed cleaner in a way. Delete fexplorer.exe and the original should come up (I think)
xTask can be configured to not show the digital memory readout.

costyg

Mar 18, 2007
I'm using CRACING's rom Version 6.5.0.3.3 RC5 Reloaded and while using opera mini 5 it stops, it takes 10+ seconds to work again. This happends often, in your rom opera freezes? In another rom this didn't ocured.

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
I'm using CRACING's rom Version 6.5.0.3.3 RC5 Reloaded and while using opera mini 5 it stops, it takes 10+ seconds to work again. This happends often, in your rom opera freezes? In another rom this didn't ocured.

I used UCWEB instead of Opera. Are you running low on memory before it stops?
Can you try closing M2D and CHome to see if Opera still gives trouble.

costyg

Mar 18, 2007
I used UCWEB instead of Opera. Are you running low on memory before it stops?
Can you try closing M2D and CHome to see if Opera still gives trouble.

I closed M2D and Chome and nothing changed. I like the rom, is very fast but the opera problem is annoying. Nobody else experienced this strange behaviour in opera mini final version?

costyg

Mar 18, 2007
I found another bug in CRACING's rom: I can't set the alarm clock to AM or PM. LE, I fixed that. The problem was that I changed the regional settings to romanian and there wasn't checked the symbol for AM and PM.

Last edited: