OK, so I've had enough of all this trolling... I want to join in now.
This is why I use CM (my own build with only 1 tweak but slightly updated):
1) Very lightweight, it's 160MB + 90(?)MB for gapps - this leaves a LOT of space for the user and i don't have the feeling that it is bloated... stock TouchWiz is like 900MB
2) CM is much faster at even basic things: opening the phone, messaging, contacts - all of this takes at most 1/2 a second. On TouchWiz it takes at least 5s (for a smartphone?!) to open up the phone/contacts/messaging app.
3) CM is much more customisable - you can theme it, you have extra settings everywhere and you can have it as you want.. Samsung just has gimmicks which don't even work: handwriting in the keyboard is terrible, multiwindow is limited to a few apps, smart stay is on google play
4) What with JB then apps such as s-note take forever to load and when they finally do then the pen input is laggy. On CM I can have papyrus,very fast and fluid.
5) The interface n TW is clunky, childlike. CM looks slick and polished and if you don't like it then you can install a theme.
6) Multitasking on TW is a joke, when you open 1 app, then go into another app then the first will be cleared out of memory. On CM I can open several apps and
they will all stay in memory
7) CM is much more secure, it has the recent security patches, it has better lockscreen security settings and it also has selinux
8) Profiles I use on an everyday purpous, nothing like that in TW
9) Lockscreen widgets on CM, nothing like that on TW. I listen to music on an everyday basis and on TW you don't even have a quick control for music on the lockscreen
10) Although this is pretty basic, the sounds are much nicer in CM. More refined, fittings for android. On TW then all you have are some horrible, annoying nature sounds.
11) Did I mention the customisability options in CM? Well, even if I did then it's worth mentioning twice
12) On CM I can change the hardware buttons, something a lot of people wouldn't do but I did change mine. When I press the menu button then I get to the multitasking screen, no more holding down waiting or the home button. Long pressing the home button in the other hand launches a qr code scanner.
13) Camera is faster however text pictures are better quality in TW, general quick pics are better in CM
14) CM has much more swiping which is WAAY faster. On TW you have to press a button, wait 3s, then the options pop out and then you select it. On CM you usually just swype things away (Ex. gallery - deleting pics, camera - changing settings)
15) The Holo theme is intact, undisturbed
16) When CM is bogged down with apps then it doesn't crumble like TW, it is still very fast, relatively fluid and very stable. TW (again) is so slow and laggy after you add apps that it is an achievement for what they have done.
17) Basic animations lag in TW
18) When I receive an SMS then I get a popup displaying it. I can also answer it, mark it as read, close it.
19) Everything they do is opensource
20) Focal camera will be amazing once finished
This is what I like about TW:
1) Out of all the skins out there (TW, moto blur, sense) I think it looks the most fitting.
2) Stock launcher is very smooth
3) Better battery life
I think that that is about it, I'm sure others have more reasons to add as to why they like CM/TW
Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
OmniROM KitKat 4.4
November 18th 2013