[MOD] Snap Photos with Volume Buttons [Sense]

Search This thread

Matt

Feb 4, 2012
Nottingham, UK
Volume2Camera Mod
This mod means you can now snap photos using your volume buttons.
Works on all De-odexed Sense ROMs, including Android Revolution, TrickDroid and Renovate. (NOT STOCK ROM)
Latest 2.24 base Camera apk
4.2.2 Links are in Red and 4.1.2 Links are in Blue

Volume Up to Snap Photo | Volume Down to Snap Photo
Volume Up to Snap Photo | Volume Down to Focus
Volume Up to Snap Photo | Volume Down to Record Video

Volume Up to Snap Photo | Volume Down to Snap Photo

Please report any issues! Confirmed to be working well after beta testing.
Volume button can be held for rapid shooting, but not the burst mode.

If you want to revert back to stock on 4.2.2, flash this
Thanks to @langer hans for development and testing, without him this mod wouldn't be the same...

If you are satisfied with the mod, please consider donating with the button on the left. If 20 people donate just a pound, I will be able to buy an Otterbox case finally :) If everyone who has downloaded this mod had donated a pound, I would have been able to buy another One :D

Last edited:

mky4b11

Oct 12, 2012
Sweet. Well this work arhd 10.3? Do I just flash the zip in recovery?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

mky4b11

Oct 12, 2012
Just flashed it and it works great. One thing I missed on my lumia810 was the 2step shutter button. But being able to use the volume as a shutter now is awesome. Thanks for putting this together.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

TarekElsakka

Sep 27, 2008
Cairo
Beautiful mod my friend. Thank you so much for your hard work. Works brilliantly on Trickdroid 7.5.0.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dougp.me

Jul 9, 2010
Texas
Works great - would be cool if you could get volume down to record video, and the volume up to snap pictures. Regardless, this is a feature that should have been on the phone from day one! :good:

TugBoatTed

Jun 9, 2013
This is probably user error, but I was unable to flash this mod. I thought I would be able to dl directly to my phone in the 0 folder, hop into recovery and flash from zip. Clockwork always aborts install using this method. Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

distortedloop

Feb 14, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
NVM - I see you're just replacing the system camera apk. Restore original would undo that.

Thank you for this. Can it be easily unmodded if for some reason there's a problem?

Last edited:

langer hans

Aug 19, 2007
Hey.. can you post a tutorial how to do it? I'm using 4.1.2 and would like to have this mod.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Can you upload your /system/app/Camera.apk ? Then I can take a look into it.

This is probably user error, but I was unable to flash this mod. I thought I would be able to dl directly to my phone in the 0 folder, hop into recovery and flash from zip. Clockwork always aborts install using this method. Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Try redownloading. Maybe the download got corrupted.

Reactions: nashshafrulrezza

Top Liked Posts