Ice Cream Sandwich

Search This thread

dannytomlinson

May 28, 2010
It's not really necessary to have a repartitioned hboot for ICS because it can still fit on the stock partition. BUT! Doing so will leave you with such low internal memory for installing apps, that it's generally no idea to leave it at that.

Surly it is far easier to to do this and just install apps to SD?

I have this version of MIUI installed and there is approx 100mb left over for apps - this is typically enough for my essential needs - any others you can just put on the sd card?

The issue is that installing the blackrose thing and then installing one of the ICS roms that use it (texas) is quite complicated - and there are no instruction for the entire process - that also explain the more advanced functions to do this.

Hopefully i'm wrong and someone can point me in the right direction for this?

How hard would it be to release a non blackrose version of a rom (say texas) as well as the usual one - like the aforementioned miui rom?

D

Pommes_Schranke

Feb 22, 2010
Surly it is far easier to to do this and just install apps to SD?

I have this version of MIUI installed and there is approx 100mb left over for apps - this is typically enough for my essential needs - any others you can just put on the sd card?

The issue is that installing the blackrose thing and then installing one of the ICS roms that use it (texas) is quite complicated - and there are no instruction for the entire process - that also explain the more advanced functions to do this.

Hopefully i'm wrong and someone can point me in the right direction for this?

How hard would it be to release a non blackrose version of a rom (say texas) as well as the usual one - like the aforementioned miui rom?

D

There was a non blackrose Medroid ICS build but people didn't care too much about it so it got discontinued. IMHO it just doesn't make sense.
Blackrose is no rocket science and it's quite safe if you read a bit before flashing. You can change the nand layout later on so that you can use old roms without wasting nand space. The instructions are in the blackrose thread.

dannytomlinson

May 28, 2010
There was a non blackrose Medroid ICS build but people didn't care too much about it so it got discontinued. IMHO it just doesn't make sense.
Blackrose is no rocket science and it's quite safe if you read a bit before flashing. You can change the nand layout later on so that you can use old roms without wasting nand space. The instructions are in the blackrose thread.

Can you point me in the direction of a good tutorial for blackrose to installing the roms - is it just like flashing a normal rom once the partitioning is complete?

D

dzordzyk

Mar 10, 2012
Atlanta
I think some day Nexus One will get full functionality of ICS. I have MIUI on my N1 but still have problems with A2SD. I hope to have ICS on phone soon because it's great!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Went back to gingerbread :(
    I get the black-screen-of-death on both p5 and p6 builds (texasice's ICS ROM). Maybe because I am using xdata?
    d03624e1-821e-83ef.jpg

It does. For some weird reason I couldn't install anymore apps after this point.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
    Medroid with zKernel is pretty smooth and stable for me. ia2sd makes the rom even more polished.

I have used texasice's builds in the beginning days. But i like samuaz's better for only one reason. It is CM. I am used to using the notification widgets and looking forward for some other CM7 features to be added

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
    How is that possible and why doesn't every developer do it like that?

It's not really necessary to have a repartitioned hboot for ICS because it can still fit on the stock partition. BUT! Doing so will leave you with such low internal memory for installing apps, that it's generally no idea to leave it at that.