[ROM][4.2.2][OFFICIAL] CM10.1 port for Photon Q

Search This thread

huatz84

Jul 10, 2009
Binjai,North Sumatra
Battery life is average. But it drains a lot if I use a live wallpaper. Anyone notice it?
Btw,I can't find volume rocker wake options.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
but one problem not found stock JB for sprint phone.
i found onli for us celler.

m.

I guess I must spoon feed you.

This is directly from the buglist on my CM10.1 thread:

arrrghhh said:
Some (not all) seem to experience issues with GPS. If you have issues with GPS, please flash the JB soak (thanks for that great guide thedarkness000) and then flash CM10.1. GPS should work now. (I've also heard you can just flash back to stock, get a lock, then flash CM10.1 again...)

I also gave you another option which does not require you to flash the soak. Please read my posts and do a bit of research before responding, thanks.

Armadill0

Oct 24, 2012
I can confirm this solution!

Just restored an old backup of the last stock 4.0.4 version, waited some seconds for a GPS fix, directly restored back to CM10.1 and GPS now also works on CM10.1!:good::laugh::D

Skrilax_CZ

Dec 20, 2009
It could simply be that CM10 screws something in GPS ... and CM10.1 then isn't able to fix that.

kabaldan

Dec 15, 2009
Prague
android.doshaska.net

Armadill0

Oct 24, 2012
It could simply be that CM10 screws something in GPS ... and CM10.1 then isn't able to fix that.
That could be possible. I also had CM10 running on my Photon Q before.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

I'd highly recommend not messing with hardware/qcom/gps and just forking your own local copy. There is so much variation between devices that just looking at the code will break it for someone else.
:D
:laugh:

MFighter

May 5, 2011
I can confirm this solution!

Just restored an old backup of the last stock 4.0.4 version, waited some seconds for a GPS fix, directly restored back to CM10.1 and GPS now also works on CM10.1!:good::laugh::D

confirming this, it works! came from ASA14, just used google maps to get a lock with the gps and then flashed cm10.1!
thanks a lot!

Is anyone else having a high pitched noise while making calls though? Had this with cm10 as well, not with stock...
It's like a little high pitched cricket in the background....

turbo180

Feb 4, 2008
I'm also having that high pitch whine, same as with cm10. I have flashed first cm10.1 nightly right over the cm10. I can also confirm problems with GPS not getting the lock.

Now I'm back on stock asa14 from backup, waitng for OTA JB update. Already got it on my girlfriends phone yesterday (it's been on stock asa14 all time). However still no OTA update on mine since I've reverted back to stock yesterday night.

Does anyone know which rooting method works on stock JB update?

Armadill0

Oct 24, 2012
Now I'm back on stock asa14 from backup, waitng for OTA JB update. Already got it on my girlfriends phone yesterday (it's been on stock asa14 all time). However still no OTA update on mine since I've reverted back to stock yesterday night.
You do not need the JB moto update.

I only flashed back to ICS (4.0.4) as said three posts before, waited for GPS fix (for example with Google Maps) and then flashed back to my CM10.1 backup. Then GPS also worked on CM10.1 for me. MFighter confirmed this, just try it.;)

turbo180

Feb 4, 2008
There is one thing fixed with official JB update for GSM:
- manual network selection now works

turbo180

Feb 4, 2008
You do not need the JB moto update.

I only flashed back to ICS (4.0.4) as said three posts before, waited for GPS fix (for example with Google Maps) and then flashed back to my CM10.1 backup. Then GPS also worked on CM10.1 for me. MFighter confirmed this, just try it.;)

I know, but I hope to fix some more issues (possibly also unknown yet) than gps with official JB update before cm10.1 flash. E.g. manual network selection which works on stock JB OTA and didn't work for me in cm10.1. Could someone please confirm if it works in cm10.1 flashed over the stock JB update?

Armadill0

Oct 24, 2012
I know, but I hope to fix some more issues (possibly also unknown yet) than gps with official JB update before cm10.1 flash. E.g. manual network selection which works on stock JB OTA and didn't work for me in cm10.1. Could someone please confirm if it works in cm10.1 flashed over the stock JB update?
It seems it doesn't work for me, too. I don't get a list of networks after a very long search time.

Armadill0

Oct 24, 2012
strange storage mount behaviours

Duplicated ringtones and notifications were removed. Could be that.
That sounds logical.

Some posts ago I wrote about the strange behaviour of the usbdisk mounts in /storage. Can anyone confirm this?

Today I had another strange behaviour. It seems the internal storage is mounted to /storage/emulated/0. But there also is a /storage/emulated/legacy which includes the same data from the internal storage. Additional to this there is a directory "0" in /storage/emulated/0 which seems to be a mount for the external sdcard storage.:eek:

I think this is a very strange behaviour. In the stock Rom there only was the internal an the external storage. On CM10 we had /storage/sdcard0 for the internal and /storage/sdcard1 for the external sd card storage, which was also ok. But the "concept" from CM10.1 which I described above seems very strange and unlogacal to me. Can this be fixed?

palmwangja

Feb 20, 2008
That sounds logical.

Some posts ago I wrote about the strange behaviour of the usbdisk mounts in /storage. Can anyone confirm this?

Today I had another strange behaviour. It seems the internal storage is mounted to /storage/emulated/0. But there also is a /storage/emulated/legacy which includes the same data from the internal storage. Additional to this there is a directory "0" in /storage/emulated/0 which seems to be a mount for the external sdcard storage.:eek:

I think this is a very strange behaviour. In the stock Rom there only was the internal an the external storage. On CM10 we had /storage/sdcard0 for the internal and /storage/sdcard1 for the external sd card storage, which was also ok. But the "concept" from CM10.1 which I described above seems very strange and unlogacal to me. Can this be fixed?
I heard the incremental folder name 0, 1, 2, ... is due to the introduction of multiple profile functionality of CM10.1

Hmm.. do we have to move all the contents from root to 0 then?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a CM10.1 (Jelly Bean, Android 4.2.2) firmware for Photon Q. It's not a official CyanogenMod, not supported by the CM team.

Credits: razrqcom-dev-team (epinter, Hashcode, dhacker29, nadlabak, Skrilax_CZ): Photon Q support is by nadlabak and Skrilax_CZ. And of course, CyanogenMod Team.

Disclaimer

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

cm10.1-xda.png

Installation

The proprietary files come from stock JB firmware! It is necessary to flash stock JB first to flash CM10.1!!!

Unlocked bootloader required!!!

1) Download the build and gapps.
    2) Boot into recovery
    3) Backup your firmware + data !!!
    4) Flash CM10.1 (install zip ...)
    5) Flash gapps (install zip ...)
    6) Wipe data / cache (factory reset)
    7) Reboot & Enjoy

To update, just download newer CM10.1 zip file and install it from recovery.

Working

QWERTY keyboard (with multipress)
    GSM: Call, SMS, MMS, Mobile Data
    CDMA / LTE: Call, SMS, MMS, Mobile Data, 4G
    Wifi (network scan may take a long time)
    Wifi tethering
    USB tethering
    Camera (front, back)
    Video Camera
    HW acceleration
    GPS / Glonass
    Rotation / Sensors
    Torch
    NFC
    Bluetooth
    HDMI (incl. audio)

Not Working

Reading contacts from simcard

Minor Issues

Sometimes back virtual button has wrong icon as if virtual keyboard was out.
    USB not working after the phone is plugged to charger (requires reboot).
    Mass storage mode absent.

Changelog

See http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/cm10.1nightly/razrqcom/changelog.php.

Official builds

Note

The following features are not present in official builds:

- multipress (works only in some apps)
    - cardock hack
    - volume orienation awareness at lower level (for apps using NDK)
    - 4 key navigation bar setup improvements (WIP, pending review)
    - ability to specify SIM id and own phone number via persist.radio.iccid and persist.radio.msisdn properties
    - ability to use SD Card as primary storage

Download

See http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=xt897 (GSM) and http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=xt897c (CDMA)

Source

See CyanogenMod wiki.

My builds

Download

Nightly builds: http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/cm10.1nightly/razrqcom/
    Google apps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

Source

Github: https://github.com/razrqcom-dev-team

Build steps:

Code:
    mkdir cm
    cd cm
    repo init -u git://github.com/razrqcom-dev-team/android.git -b cm-10.1
    repo sync
    vendor/cm/get-prebuilts

For GSM:
    Code:
    . build/envsetup.sh && brunch xt897

For CDMA:
    Code:
    . build/envsetup.sh && brunch xt897c

Notes

1) Any QPST / SPC related things should be done on stock firmware.
    2) If you want to ged rid of the "unlocked BL logo", download: http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/xt897/stock_logo.zip, unpack it, reboot the phone to fastboot open command line in the folder and type "moto-fastboot flash logo stocklogo_swapped.bin" to get stock boot logo.
    3) If there is a filesystem check it will take a while to get past the CM bootanimation
    CM10.1/CM10.2 for Photon Q is now official. The following things will not be present in official builds:

- multipress (works only in some apps)
    - cardock hack
    - volume orienation awareness at lower level (for apps using NDK)
    - 4 key navigation bar setup improvements (WIP, pending review)
    Next nightly (mine) will have the ability to use SD card as primary storage (instead (for downloaded game data etc.), see Advanced Settings. This feature is experimental.
    Just to clarify:
    Audio recording was broken by upstream update of qcom alsa code around the 20/06 nightly.
    It has been fixed in 22/06 with the exception of camcorder still recording mute videos.

By now, the camcorder should be fully fixed again. So look forward to 23/06 nightly.
    Btw., MTP/USB charging without ADB enabled will work as well...

Changes in preparation for merge to official CyanogenMod repo temporarily broke buildbot builds.

EDIT: today's nightly is up