[Q] What have you noticed that has changed in T-Mobiles KitKat?

Search This thread

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
So as of right now...nothing significant worth the update?

Sent from my Blutiful Note3

Nothing worth NOT upgrading either..

KitKat is a very large update from JB. Underneath a lot of things were changed and streamlined to make the system run smoother and more efficient. The lockscreen music feature is the best by far IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
Nothing worth NOT upgrading either..

KitKat is a very large update from JB. Underneath a lot of things were changed and streamlined to make the system run smoother and more efficient. The lockscreen music feature is the best by far IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I was on the fence with how so little change was made from the eye candy point of view, but I took the plunge today, and I can honestly say the phone is much snappier. The under-the-hood changes make a big difference. The only real noticable things for me are the white icons. Especailly the battery icon. It seems so much bigger than all the other icons. Almost out of place. Overall I'm happy I did it. Very very smooth.

rans0m00

Oct 11, 2012
Except a couple of cosmetic changes it just seems quicker now. Was hoping to see some more KK features but no luck that I have seen so far.

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
Actually broken SD card and inability to root without tripping Knox is huge reason for me and frankly I can't imagine any bigger reason not to update, unless the new update would completely brick it, but this is close enough.

For most of us here KNOX should be a non-issue.. Unfortunately when buying a Samsung device it's something we have to expect. I expect shortly that ALL root methods will trip KNOX. It's a security feature and root is nullifying that security.
If your company requires KNOX then you probably shouldn't be rooting it.

As for the warranty bit, we have been voiding warranties since the beginning KNOX doesn't change that.

As for the SD card that's another thing that is fixed 1 2 3 by root. Again for most of us its a non-issue.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: bobbyphoenix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hangouts now uses the emoji from the Samsung keyboard instead of Google emoji. Kind of annoying.

posted while using my note 3
    I just got my N3 yesterday, so not sure if it did this on 4.3 or not, but the stock music player, and pandora fill the lock screen with album art when playing them.

That's new KK feature
    Actually broken SD card and inability to root without tripping Knox is huge reason for me and frankly I can't imagine any bigger reason not to update, unless the new update would completely brick it, but this is close enough.

For most of us here KNOX should be a non-issue.. Unfortunately when buying a Samsung device it's something we have to expect. I expect shortly that ALL root methods will trip KNOX. It's a security feature and root is nullifying that security.
    If your company requires KNOX then you probably shouldn't be rooting it.

As for the warranty bit, we have been voiding warranties since the beginning KNOX doesn't change that.

As for the SD card that's another thing that is fixed 1 2 3 by root. Again for most of us its a non-issue.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk