Battery Issues whilst off?

Search This thread

shotgunfool

Sep 13, 2008
Hi All,

Quick question to see if anyone else has noticed this at all?

Last night my watch was on 57% after a day of usage which I thought to myself, Great if i turn my watch off over night it will last me the next day aswell,

But upon turning my watch on this morning, my battery had dropped from 57% down to 23%,

Has anyone else noticed or had this happen?

Thanks!

spiderflash

Jun 19, 2014
Munich
Why don't you just let it charge over night? You will need the charger to turn it back on anyways, it's not like this would be practical or anything..
But no, I haven't tried turning it off over night. My watch also goes down to about 50% after 1 day and then I just let it charge together with my phone at night. I love the charger, just put in on there, no need for plugging anything in, way better than all the other methods from Sony and Samsung etc

shotgunfool

Sep 13, 2008
Why don't you just let it charge over night? You will need the charger to turn it back on anyways, it's not like this would be practical or anything..
But no, I haven't tried turning it off over night. My watch also goes down to about 50% after 1 day and then I just let it charge together with my phone at night. I love the charger, just put in on there, no need for plugging anything in, way better than all the other methods from Sony and Samsung etc

The reason i dont want to leave it on charge overnight is that it could potentially damage the battery, they havent been out long enough to know the long term affect on the battery life, and as it is a waterproof construction i dont see it being cheap getting a replacement battery, i never leave any of my stuff on charge overnight as to not damage the batteries of them.

spiderflash

Jun 19, 2014
Munich
The reason i dont want to leave it on charge overnight is that it could potentially damage the battery

modern lithium-ion batteries cannot be overcharged. you're misinformed.. that only happend with old battery technology
the only way to damage the battery is by overheating and for that to happen you would need to charge it more than just a night, more like 24 hours at least. and even that doesn't happen anymore because smartphones stop charging when at 100% and so does the watch.

shotgunfool

Sep 13, 2008
But when the battery gets to 100% the charger may stop charging but when the battery drops to 99% the charger will kick in again,

Previous phone batteries - S4 and S3 were ruined doing that

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

spiderflash

Jun 19, 2014
Munich
But when the battery gets to 100% the charger may stop charging but when the battery drops to 99% the charger will kick in again,
so? that still doesn't ruin the battery. it's normal that batteries wear off after some time, but we're speaking like after a year or so. nothing you can do about that. not charging doesn't do the battery any good either. it's best to always charge a little and not from <10% to 100%

shotgunfool

Sep 13, 2008
So after a year you're happy to pay another £170 because the battery will only last less than a day, I'd rather take care of it and not kill it, like my z2 only charging when dead and not leaving it on charge overnight I get 3-4 days battery on it currently yes it's only been out for a while but I don't see anyone else getting that usage from it

Reactions: tcristy

spiderflash

Jun 19, 2014
Munich
So after a year you're happy to pay another £170 because the battery will only last less than a day, I'd rather take care of it and not kill it, like my z2 only charging when dead and not leaving it on charge overnight I get 3-4 days battery on it currently yes it's only been out for a while but I don't see anyone else getting that usage from it
Do as you think, but charging the phone or watch overnight will not ruin your battery, it just naturally wears off after time. And im sure that when there will be replacement batteries it will be nowhere near 170 quid.
Anyway I am more the kind of guy that charges the phone couple of times a day, so I usually never get below 20% battery. As for the watch, I am going to charge that once every day. Right now it holds up for more than a day so after some time it will be probably down to a day, but as long it doesn't go below 15 hours, yes im fine with that.

shotgunfool

Sep 13, 2008
But that's the point I'm trying to get across, a battery is stated to last a specific time so why should they not last that time without proper care, not over charging etc..

But maybe that's just my opinion.

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
To answer your original question, mine doesn't lose any battery when switched off. I turned it off overnight with a full battery and when I switched it on this morning, it still had a full battery.

All I can think is that you accidentally hit 'reboot' instead of 'shutdown'. I'm sure you are positive you didn't, but it is the only logical explanation. Try again and make sure ;)

shotgunfool

Sep 13, 2008
To answer your original question, mine doesn't lose any battery when switched off. I turned it off overnight with a full battery and when I switched it on this morning, it still had a full battery.

All I can think is that you accidentally hit 'reboot' instead of 'shutdown'. I'm sure you are positive you didn't, but it is the only logical explanation. Try again and make sure ;)

Yeah well last night when i charged it, it was 100% when i turned it off, and this morning it was on 99% when it turned on, so i will check the % tonight before i turn it off, and check it in the morning when i wake up, as of 4pm i am on 67% so it should only drop another 10-15% before i turn it off later.

comk4ver

Aug 21, 2010
Sometimes the cradle didn't pick up the watch correctly. You can place it in the cradle but it won't charge. Make sure the lighting bolt icon is on the watch

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.