[Q] Samsung Galaxy S need to reach contacts,but screen broken

Search This thread

firedaddy

Jan 30, 2008
Győr
Hello !
My sisters' Samsung Galaxy S' screen is broken,and need to reach the contacts.The Google sync were off,so no contacts on google account.There was not saved any csv files on memory card or internal memory as well.
Is there a way to get the contacts somehow ? Where to find the contacts in the internal memory ?

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
If USB Debugging was enabled, there's a chance. If not, pretty much out of luck. Other potential options, find someone with the same phone and swap motherboards long enough to get info or installing a custom recovery and doing a backup to restore on another of the same type of phone. Sorry, there aren't any easy options, but that's what happens when you don't make backups of important data - ESPECIALLY if not using Google.

Reactions: firedaddy

munish1

Jun 22, 2014
On pc. Go gmail. Contact tick alll.
Go. More. Export. In. Vcf. Then download. After download. Copy. That. Vcf in. Ur. Any. Mobile. Go. Contact. Import. Give. Path. Other wise. Automatic. Find path. U hot it. Contacts. Enjoy. If. U success. Reply. Me. Any type. Of. Ques. Reply. Me.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
On pc. Go gmail. Contact tick alll.
Go. More. Export. In. Vcf. Then download. After download. Copy. That. Vcf in. Ur. Any. Mobile. Go. Contact. Import. Give. Path. Other wise. Automatic. Find path. U hot it. Contacts. Enjoy. If. U success. Reply. Me. Any type. Of. Ques. Reply. Me.

Really helps to read the OP. They said there was no Google account associated with the phone. And your typing like that is just awful. You need a new keyboard app or something.

firedaddy

Jan 30, 2008
Győr
If USB Debugging was enabled, there's a chance. If not, pretty much out of luck. Other potential options, find someone with the same phone and swap motherboards long enough to get info or installing a custom recovery and doing a backup to restore on another of the same type of phone. Sorry, there aren't any easy options, but that's what happens when you don't make backups of important data - ESPECIALLY if not using Google.

'll give a try ! On she's was it was CM, so its a chance the USB debugging was on.If it was on (the usb debugging), what to do,where to find the contacts ?

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
'll give a try ! On she's was it was CM, so its a chance the USB debugging was on.If it was on (the usb debugging), what to do,where to find the contacts ?

I think you would have to be rooted too as you would need to try and pull the contacts.db from /data/data/ which is not a part you have access to without root permission.

adb pull /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db

Reactions: firedaddy

firedaddy

Jan 30, 2008
Győr
I think you would have to be rooted too as you would need to try and pull the contacts.db from /data/data/ which is not a part you have access to without root permission.

Thanks.will try it,and let You know.
It was surely rooted,because it has CM ROM

Slipkid08

Jul 17, 2014
Dallas
Also, I don't know if this might help. If she set up Google account to sync here information from her phone, you could try this:

Android contacts

Syncing, importing, and organizing your Android contacts
Syncing your contacts

Your contacts are automatically synced when you first turn on your phone and sign into a Google Account, so make sure to add your Google Account to your Android device. Any existing contacts from that account are synced with your device.
After that, all your contacts automatically stay in sync, whether you make changes on your phone, from another device, or from any Web browser. The contact information on your device is also available in Gmail, Google Talk, Messenger, Phone, and other apps where it's useful. As you add contacts from different sources, they are synced automatically across all the places you need them.

Since contacts are automatically synced, if you delete a Google contact from your device, it will also be deleted from Google Contacts, which will also remove it from other places, such as Google Chat.

Importing Android contacts to Gmail

Android contacts are automatically synced to your Gmail account, so there’s no need to import them.

You can find any contacts you’ve created on your device in your Gmail by following these steps:
On your web version of Gmail, click Gmail on the left side of your Gmail page, then choose Contacts
Click My contacts on the left side of the page

If you’ve starred favorite contacts on your Android device, find them in your Gmail contacts by clicking Starred under My contacts.

Last edited:

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Also, I don't know if this might help. If she set up Google account to sync here information from her phone, you could try this:

::facepalm:: It's literally in the 2nd sentence where he says there was no Google account synced, otherwise we wouldn't be trying to jump through all these other hoops.

OP: If you know for certain that USB Debugging is on, you can try one of the big carriers and see if they have a Cellbrite machine. If they don't know what that is, then you're calling the wrong places. lol The official VZW, ATT, T-Mobile, and Sprint stores should all have access to one.

Slipkid08

Jul 17, 2014
Dallas
::facepalm:: It's literally in the 2nd sentence where he says there was no Google account synced, otherwise we wouldn't be trying to jump through all these other hoops.

Oh my God! Sorry, just trying to help. Didn't see that, was just offering as much help as I knew how. Need some lube to help you crawl up my rear-end a little further?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.