[Q] Help Flashing Back To Stock

Search This thread
Jun 27, 2012
I recently upgraded to the S5 and wanted to turn my phone back in to Sprint for a credit. When I went to flash it back to stock using Odin the USB connected then randomly disconnected during the flash. Now it won't boot into anything but emergency mode and wont stay connected in Odin long enough to flash. I made sure the drivers installed and the pc could see the phone when plugged in. I am using a cord that is only a couple of weeks old. At this point are there any options to put it back to stock or am I out of luck? I never used Kies either. Thanks in advance for the help.

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

I recently upgraded to the S5 and wanted to turn my phone back in to Sprint for a credit. When I went to flash it back to stock using Odin the USB connected then randomly disconnected during the flash. Now it won't boot into anything but emergency mode and wont stay connected in Odin long enough to flash. I made sure the drivers installed and the pc could see the phone when plugged in. I am using a cord that is only a couple of weeks old. At this point are there any options to put it back to stock or am I out of luck? I never used Kies either. Thanks in advance for the help.

so you want to put an S5 back to stock or a S3?

Jun 27, 2012
i would say try a different PC or USB Cable or a Different port on the PC your currently on

I've tried about three different cables, all three USB ports and the only other laptop is a Windows 8 machine I can't get to detect the phone at this point. So it is sounding like my suspicions are confirmed on a successful flash. Thank you for the advice, love the signature btw!

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

I've tried about three different cables, all three USB ports and the only other laptop is a Windows 8 machine I can't get to detect the phone at this point. So it is sounding like my suspicions are confirmed on a successful flash. Thank you for the advice, love the signature btw!

oh check what i added on the other post and and my laptop is a windows 8.1 machine just sometimes even if the drivers installed i have to check in the Device Manager and Manually make the correct driver work for my phone

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My S3 so I can get a credit for it.

i would say try a different PC or USB Cable or a Different port on the PC your currently on....you can try a emergency restore in Kies or you can try to flash on Heimdall

oh check what i added on the other post and and my laptop is a windows 8.1 machine just sometimes even if the drivers installed i have to check in the Device Manager and Manually make the correct driver work for my phone