[ROM] Nick's Phone V1.2 Based On Oxygen 2.3.2 [19.03.2012]

Search This thread

dan55

Jun 26, 2008
planet aokp :)
hi guys,

after a call i get the rom lock screen rather than going back to call screen :/ is there a way to stop this?

thanks
dan

nickabbott

Nov 18, 2011

I'm not sure if you've seen my other Oxygen / Roalex based release but that adds 3 lockscreen calendar events, lockscreen music controls, long press home button on lock screen for torch and close notification bar when swiping away last notification.

hi all,
anyone using the r4 thalmus kernel with this rom?
and if so, any improvements or issues?
thanks
dan

That kernel is the recommended one to use with this ROM really as it's updated by _Thalamus and has the SD speed card increase.

hi guys,

after a call i get the rom lock screen rather than going back to call screen :/ is there a way to stop this?

thanks
dan

I think this is an oxygen thing to be honest, or bug / issue. I think because you're on a call for long enough it's gone past the timeout for when the screen should lock and so when you close the call it instantly locks your phone again.

If you're using this ROM and not my roalex / updated version then the same thing / bug / issue occurs on the roalex based ROM as well, so it's an oxygen based thing and not the changes I've made to the ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nick's Phone V1.2 Based on Oxygen 2.3.2

For the past few months I've been working on my own ROM I use daily on my HTC Desire and I've been pretty happy with the outcome. I just wanted to put it onto this site to give back to the community and hopefully this might make some people keep their Desire's a little longer!

This ROM is based on AdamG's Oxygen 2.3.2 so anything in that is going to be in here.

This ROM will fit into CM7R2 (150MB /System) Hboot or bigger. It has roughly 25MB free space on /System so feel free to add some of your own applications in if you want to. I added more applications so it fills my /System instead of having spare space and wasting it. I didn't want to use a custom HBoot so just filled it with applications I use myself. On my own phone I have beautiful Widgets and some other bought Apps which obviously I couldn't add in here as they need to be paid for.

I've also released this to the community so you can give me feedback on how I can improve my own phone / ROM because this is my daily ROM and I'm always open to improvements :)

I would recommend a FULL WIPE before installing this ROM and to make it even better I would also recommend re-partitioning your SDCard with GParted and setting up a FAT32 partition followed by a 1024MB EXT4 partition. That way everything is starting from fresh and you will experience the full benefits of this ROM. I use CWM 2.5.0.7 and it sometimes causes my market downloads to fail if I full wipe my phone and I don't repartition using GParted.

The additions I've put in are as follows:

ICS theme with my own slight tweaks
    GoLauncher EX - With ICS Theme
    GoLauncher Notifications, Calendar and Note
    Stop Watch & Timer modified by me
    Adfree
    Droidwall
    Convertpad
    Music2 V4.1.512
    ES File Explorer
    Google Maps & Streetview

I've also added the following tweaks:

720p HW Playback
    Trackpad to wake (NOT to unlock)
    SDCard buffer modified to 1024KB
    & lots of build.prop tweaks listed here:

# Nicks Stuff
    #
    # Hardware Rendering GPU
    debug.sf.hw=1
    dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m
    #
    #Decrease Dialing Delay
    ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0
    #
    # Battery Saving WIFI Stuff
    pm.sleep_mode=1
    ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
    wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180
    #
    # Improve Touch Responsiveness
    debug.performance.tuning=1
    video.accelerate.hw=1
    #
    # Improve Scrolling Responsiveness
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150
    #
    # Raise JPEG Quality to 100 percent
    ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100
    #
    # Raise Video Recording Quality & Photo Quality
    ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps=8000000
    ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=8000000
    #
    # Net Speed Tweaks
    net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    net.tcp.buffersize.edge=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    #
    # 3G Signal Tweaks
    ro.ril.hsxpa=2
    ro.ril.gprsclass=10
    ro.ril.hep=1
    ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
    ro.ril.hsdpa.category=10
    ro.ril.enable.a53=1
    ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1
    ro.ril.htcmaskw1.bitmask=4294967295
    ro.ril.htcmaskw1=14449
    ro.ril.hsupa.category=5
    #
    # Get Rid of Black Screen Ending A Call
    ro.lge.proximity.delay=25
    mot.proximity.delay=25
    #
    # Fix Some Application Issues
    ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
    #
    # Phone Wont Wake Up From Volume Rocker
    ro.config.hwfeature_wakeupkey=0
    #
    # Force Button Lights On
    ro.mot.buttonlight.timeout=0

If you want your phone to be how I prefer mine then once it's all setup just follow the following steps:

1. Menu (Press) --> Themes (Select) --> Nicks ICS Theme (Select) --> Apply

2. Menu (Press) --> Preferences (Select) --> Visual Settings (Select) --> Backgrounds (Select) --> App drawer background (Select then change to Transparent background)

3. Menu (Press) --> Preferences (Select) --> Visual Settings (Select) --> Icons (Select) --> Highlights colour (Select then Enter cc39b6e7)

4. Menu (Press) --> Preferences (Select) --> Screen Settings (Select) --> Screen orientation (Select and change to vertical mode (I prefer this!))

5. Menu (Press) --> Preferences (Select) --> App drawer settings (Select) --> App drawer scrolling orientation (select and change to horizontal page by page)

6. Menu (Press) --> Preferences (Select) --> App drawer settings (Select) --> Untick App update info (I prefer this)

7. Menu (Press) --> Settings (Select) --> Display (Select) --> Animation (Select and change to Some animations (I prefer this))

8. Menu (Press) --> Scroll Right To Plugins --> Notification (Press) --> Select Unread text message and Missed call

9. Turn On AdFree (And update hosts file)

10. Turn on DroidWall (And configure settings)

11. Enjoy your phone!

If you want to change the boot animation you can follow any of the steps here on XDA that change the default Oxygen animation (modified by me) to a moving animation like CyanogenMod.

You can download the ROM from the following location:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kv8w1nazs96redh (New V1.2 Version)

MD5: B0F545DC8A165C70FA8B44393C3E8C6A

Changelog From V1.1:

Made the T9 dialler english text larger
    Implemented the Russian T9 icons fix
    Updated lots of applications (Tons of updates since V1.1 - play market etc)
    Themed the menu icons from grey to white in most applications
    Implemented my own Go theme seperate from Kovdev so you can have / use both now
    Fixed the calendar widget background from grey to white again as it was hard to read - thanks to Shadowscope for mentioning this (I guess everyone else must use the Go calendar widget! :p )
    Added DSP Manager
    Updated Google Search - With my ICS Blue options

+ Other things I've probably forgot since it's been that long! Sorry!

http://www.mediafire.com/?kiawic5ypbhsjbc (OLD V1.1 Version)
    MD5: D37B15F25619B1CECD95A2A3AF465CCD

Update: Google have released a new market and this changes my ICS colour coded market icons and the blue / white pre-loading bar. If you want these back please flash the ZIP attached to this post and it will give you the new market with my changes. You can flash this after a fresh ROM install or if you have already upgraded to the new market and have my ROM installed already.

MD5 For vending.zip = 27176FA2B2DC42D7ABADE0E7CD51C1B9

Changelog from V1.0:

T9 Dialler integrated
    Added ICS Fonts
    Changed Bluetooth symbol and fixed it not showing when devices are connected
    Updated Go Launcher Ex (new version since V1.0)
    Changed the anorexic close folder icon (triangle) in the Go Launcher custom folder window (Didn't look right)
    Rotated the ICS expander icons so they are consistent in the T9 dialler window. E.G. T9 dialler uses expanded down to expand and expander up to minimze. ICS expander icons had the expander pointing right to expand (now down) and down to minimise (now pointing up!)
    Changed the GMail notification back to just blue ICS instead of having a red M, it looked a little tacky because the Desire screen made it look pink rather than red!
    Colour coded the bluetooth file transfer notification icon, I missed it before and it was still grey!
    Added an updated version of Google Talk to the ROM and colour coded it back to ICS

http://www.mediafire.com/?n55maq7tv6gj3a4 (Old V1.0 Version)

MD5: D0456AA389179CE0337081C5849E7224

Please see the attached screenshots if you would like to see how this ROM would look on your phone.

Thanks!

Nick
    Hi! If I flash Thalmus's new kernel, the tweaks you have made will remain?

They should do yeah :)

And just so you know, V1.1 has just been released:

You can download the ROM from the following location:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kiawic5ypbhsjbc (New V1.1 Version)

MD5: D37B15F25619B1CECD95A2A3AF465CCD

Changelog from V1.0:

T9 Dialler integrated
    Added ICS Fonts
    Changed Bluetooth symbol and fixed it not showing when devices are connected
    Updated Go Launcher Ex (new version since V1.0)
    Changed the anorexic close folder icon (triangle) in the Go Launcher custom folder window (Didn't look right)
    Rotated the ICS expander icons so they are consistent in the T9 dialler window. E.G. T9 dialler uses expanded down to expand and expander up to minimze. ICS expander icons had the expander pointing right to expand (now down) and down to minimise (now pointing up!)
    Changed the GMail notification back to just blue ICS instead of having a red M, it looked a little tacky because the Desire screen made it look pink rather than red!
    Colour coded the bluetooth file transfer notification icon, I missed it before and it was still grey!
    Added an updated version of Google Talk to the ROM and colour coded it back to ICS

Thanks,

Nick
    I have experienced strange issue - in android my SD card cannot be written - so many errors apears, but when I connect it through USB or when I make backup in 4EXT recovery - everything works and files are written (or deleted, saved) to SD card. So the card is ok in my opinion, but I can't backup my sms, calls etc., because the system refuses to acces to the card ...

Any suggestions?
    Thanx!

Edit: When I tried to delete a file right after the reboot through file manager - it worked, but a bit later it's blocked again ...

That's a strange one to be honest and I can only think, in addition to what Kom-Si has posted that you might need to re-partition your SD card unfortunately. I've not had what you're experiencing but I have had similar weird things happen and a rebuild of the fat32 and ext4 partitions usually fixes it.

have you installed the latest _thalamus kernel suggested by Nick on the first page? if so, it might be the culprit. I experienced exactly the same symptoms after installing it. luckily the 'fix permissions' option in 4EXT recovery cured the problem. but I still did a clean re-install of the ROM afterwards to get rid of that kernel...

That's strange you've had to do that to be honest because I used both the Oxygen rom kernel and the new _thalamus kernel and didn't have any issues with them to be honest.

Hi Nick, you still around? Was interested to see where Nick's Phone was going next. Or are you working on a new project?

ZedMarcus

Hey ZedMarcus I'm still around yeah! Glad to see you're doing well with your Redux ROM too!

I've been working on my Oxygen ROM yeah but it's nothing that really can be uploaded to here or that is a major improvement to be honest yet!

I've been playing with Widget locker and an app called Phantom music player (hides the music buttons on the lock screen via widget locker when music isn't playing) because there's a couple of things I miss from Oxygen. Lockscreen torch capability and music playing controls.

Cyanogen has these features as does your Redux ROM with the lockscreen controls.

I've also come to hate that when there're market updates, all the notification icons are wiped out and return to boring grey again! I really admire the Cyanogenmod theme that acts like a proxy server for images!

So..... I've been working on a ROM based on Cyanogenmod with my theme and tweaks but it works perfectly for about 3-4 days then I get phone process crashes and the phone needs to be rebooted! Before that everything works fine though. This is based on the latest Euroskank builds but since the 6th-10th some applications force close so I think there's a bug in there somewhere!

I'm currently using the latest Cyanogenmod official nightly and all is well so far but I've only been running 1 day at the most.

If I can get a stable and working release I might upload it here but for now I think this Oxygen ROM (or Oxygen based ROM's) are more stable than cyanogenmod ROMs but miss the additional tweaks that they have.

Ideally I'd love to compile Oxygen from source and include lock screen music controls, home button press for the torch and theme chooser but then I think I might as well use Cyanogenmod! :confused:

I've also been thinking of getting a One X too but love this desire too much to let it go! The Galaxy S3 is around the corner too so holding off to see how that turns out and will see.

I think I just might keep the desire another year and make a decision then!

EDIT: Just checked the latest Euroskank build and this is one new entry, could be what I was looking for!

NEW! Phone : Fix for a Phone app crash related to multiradio operation
    now so I think over the weekend at some point I should be ready to release V1.3.

exactly my suggestion as updates/modifications keep piling up. could you also release v 1.3 with your preferred settings (listed in OP) as default settings. as I applied them meticulously one by one I din't see any harm done to the device, just the opposite - they all make it a better piece of technology IMHO.

after all, it's your ROM, so why shouldn't it be set up to your likes initially. users may play with other settings as they wish after install... :)

and please, please have your ICS theme installed by default, too. no need to go and select it after the ROM installation as it's the main attraction anyway. ;)

cheers.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Is it worth trying the current version of this rom,or wait for your next release ?

if you haven't installed 1.1 and can live with what you've got now, I'd suggest wait...
    Just wondering, how would this ROM compare battery wise with the MIUI ROM. Does anyone know, before I might test myself? =)

Also:
    • Is there an option to show the battery on top of the screen as a bar?
    • Are the toggles in the statusbar/drawer customizable? If so, what which can be added?

Sorry I can't help with the MIUI battery question because I've only ever used AOSP stock Gingerbread type ROMS and Sense ROMS, but I imagine the battery can't be that much different because MIUI is based on AOSP I think isn't it?

The battery can be changed from the circle symbol to one where the percentage is at the left side of a blue bar yes. Under Status Bar and click battery percentage.

You can change the statusbar toggles to the following (I think this is what you mean, when you pull down the notification bar from the top):

Go to sleep
    Media: skip to next
    media: skip to previous
    media: toggle play / pause
    toggle 2g /3g
    Toggle airplane mode
    Toggle bluetooth
    Toggle brightness
    Toggle gps
    Toggle led flashlight
    Toggle lockscreen
    Toggle mobiledata
    Toggle orientation
    Toggle screentimeout
    Toggle soung
    Toggle sync
    Toggle wifi
    Toggle wifi ap

Hope this helps!

Is there any chance to add T9 to the dialer?

Right, I also forgot to mention that having a T9 would be real nice, if it wouldn't collide with the theme or affect the rom negatively in any way :)

I did / do like the look of the T9 dialler for simplicity and use but thought that it kind of took away the need for a contacts list because when you press the name of the contact you can simply dial it. Unless there's another feature I'm missing I think this was the main thing about it?

I can make a flashable zip with the T9 dialler if there's interest for me to do it and I'm sure I can make it the same style as the dialler that's in now.