[Q] App to Turn off 3G/EDGE

Search This thread

sammyguy

Oct 28, 2011
Hello Guys,

I made my jump into the world of Android with the SGS2. I love it to the core with the few days I have played with it. I am on the lookout for some good 3G/2G/EDGE turn off apps that let me turn off my data usage since I am on a data limit plan. I know that I can disable data from going into wireless & networks > Mobile Networks> uncheck use packet data. But I am looking for some sort of a widget app on the home screen that turn off/on the data with one click.

I would appreciate if you guys could point me to some good apps that are known to work on SGS2.

Thanks

HTC Chris

Feb 16, 2009
San Diego, California
I'm haven't looked into any Apps that do that, but if you flash to a custom ROM like UnNamed, there is a data toggle button on the drop down menu.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Reactions: sammyguy

cilantro_85

Oct 27, 2011
Hello Guys,

I made my jump into the world of Android with the SGS2. I love it to the core with the few days I have played with it. I am on the lookout for some good 3G/2G/EDGE turn off apps that let me turn off my data usage since I am on a data limit plan. I know that I can disable data from going into wireless & networks > Mobile Networks> uncheck use packet data. But I am looking for some sort of a widget app on the home screen that turn off/on the data with one click.

I would appreciate if you guys could point me to some good apps that are known to work on SGS2.

Thanks

There is a lot of apps that u can download in android market, but it will be useless if right now u'r running default Original ROM.

Apps that you already download from android market will be useless, i recommended that u flash default ROM and use Custom ROM.

Right now i'm running SG2 with Cyanogen and it had option to choose 2G or 3G data.

i hope this information can help you :)

Thanks.

Reactions: sammyguy

sammyguy

Oct 28, 2011
Thank you guys!!! You guys are just awesome..I will look into flashing some custom ROM's..The more I delve into Android the more I am in love with it. :)

tboooe

Oct 9, 2011
the OC
I'm haven't looked into any Apps that do that, but if you flash to a custom ROM like UnNamed, there is a data toggle button on the drop down menu.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I do not believe UnNamed has this toggle...

I too would love to be able to easily switch to 2g/3g.

Firepac

Oct 24, 2011
Switching from 3g to 2g will save battery correct? I wonder why there isn't a default way to do that like on the iphone.

prince_niceguy

Apr 25, 2011
Seattle
So far I have tried all unamed, perception, cognition, serendipity and c7... out of which all stock based rom do not allow 3g/2g switch only c7 does... but with c7 you loose some functionality like motion sensing, slide to call in contacts etc..

wbcollins

Jan 6, 2011
Lafayette, IN
Hello Guys,

Thanks

Beautiful widgets has a toggle for data and has always worked reasonably well for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys,

Thanks

There is a lot of apps that u can download in android market, but it will be useless if right now u'r running default Original ROM.

Apps that you already download from android market will be useless, i recommended that u flash default ROM and use Custom ROM.

Right now i'm running SG2 with Cyanogen and it had option to choose 2G or 3G data.

i hope this information can help you :)

Thanks.