[NIGHTLY/KERNEL][USER] UNOFFICIAL CM9 + 3.0.x Kernel for K-Fire [3.0.31+ 06-28]

Search This thread

jmcoffey

Dec 6, 2011
Peachtree City
Hey, I want to start by thanking Hashcode as well as everyone else who has contributed to this ROM and Kernel.

I just flashed ROM #3 and Kernel #6 as well as Gapps without a single problem. However, I installed Heywire and was met with a notification that my device is already bound to a number (which is not mine) and when I try to retrieve my password(the only other option) the email is sent to mattweed9@gmail.com, a developer on this site.

I have no clue where to begin to fix this, but I throw myself at the mercy of this thread in hopes that someone knows either how to unbind a Heywire number from a phone, or how to change some identifier on the phone that was obviously set to be the same as Matt Weed's at some point.

Thanks again, and I've had no other problems besides this which is arguably a minor issue.

It is a mac address issue. Just set a new one.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA

Reactions: Rayjingstorm

TheKid2

Dec 23, 2011
Shepherdsville
Hey, I want to start by thanking Hashcode as well as everyone else who has contributed to this ROM and Kernel.

I just flashed ROM #3 and Kernel #6 as well as Gapps without a single problem. However, I installed Heywire and was met with a notification that my device is already bound to a number (which is not mine) and when I try to retrieve my password(the only other option) the email is sent to mattweed9@gmail.com, a developer on this site.

I have no clue where to begin to fix this, but I throw myself at the mercy of this thread in hopes that someone knows either how to unbind a Heywire number from a phone, or how to change some identifier on the phone that was obviously set to be the same as Matt Weed's at some point.

Thanks again, and I've had no other problems besides this which is arguably a minor issue.

Try this post
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25130845&postcount=458

Reactions: Rayjingstorm

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
KERNEL TEST #7 CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://bit.ly/IxGCRu
md5sum a1ae2c787ddf171dc3f0e64c81d76a48

CHANGES:

- LCD Timing has been corrected to match stock Amazon kernel ** THIS MAY HELP WITH BANDING -- PLEASE LET ME KNOW**

- This patch also implements a fix for the universal MAC address that is seen on previous tests. While this is more of a ROM patch in general, it's based out of the init.*.rc files and executes a one time script on the first boot which will generate a unique MAC address per device. This MAC address will be restored anytime you format /system and reflash. This will most likely need some testing and be tweaked over time.

- The charger was patched with source changes in the 6.3 stock kernel -- this includes another wakelock for charging. I doubt this will help a ton, but let me know.

- The following OTG-related modules have been added into the kernel: ftdi_sio, hid, mousedev, pl2303, usb-storage and usbhid
There were some specific overriding drivers which I chose not to add at this time (usbkbd and usbmouse). We can determine of those should be built as separate modules at a later time.

- IntersectRaven's WIFI Patch to power the wifi card on and off correctly (reduction of heat?) is also included

As always, report user issues in THIS thread. Try and keep the development thread clear for development related postings.

NOTE: all of the devtree projects were updated with the new kernel, wifi MAC fix and module changes.

Last edited:

Rayjingstorm

Apr 23, 2012
Thank you both, but after a few attempts to randomize my MAC address failed I came back to find the new kernel is out with a fix. After I flashed the kernel the MAC address appeared as "unavailable" and I could not start wi-fi. Do I need to clear caches and reflash the rom as well?

brainchow

Apr 19, 2012
Boston, MA
yep, wifi seems to be dead. freshly flashed over the #3 rom. will not find anything, just stalls at "turning wi-fi on".

Last edited:
Fix for broken wifi on #7

yep, wifi seems to be dead. freshly flashed over the #3 rom.

Looks like the script is not working to fix the Mac address. However, if you go to the /system/etc/firmware/ti-connectivity folder there is a file named wl1271-nvs.bin.orig rename it in your favorite root explorer and reboot.

This will most likely give you the generic mac address but wifi will work again.

Last edited:

brendonlee

Oct 13, 2011
Charlotte
Looks like the script is not working to fix the Mac address. However, if you go to the /system/etc/firmware/ti-connectivity folder there is a file named wl1271-nvs.bin.orig rename it in your favorite root explorer and reboot.

This will most likely give you the generic mac address but wifi will work again.

This didn't work for me :(

iesvs

Jan 15, 2011
Works!

Working on my end. The generic mac address isn't a problem if I only have my KF and my PC, right?

bi2o

Feb 5, 2012
if its the only kf u have but not being able to find ur network, Try logging to your router and kicking out the device that was already connected with the same Mac address.

scidon37

Feb 20, 2011

To clarify this... Rename wl1271-nvs.bin.orig to wl1271-nvs.bin

enabling wifi should then work.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW KERNEL IS CHARGING. OS DOESN'T SHOW THE CHARGING ICON.
    Make sure when you plug in to check the Settings -> Battery screen and see "Charging"

06-28: KERNEL.ZIP #13 IS NOW READY HERE (FLASH IN RECOVERY): REMOVED TEMP
    (Recompiling w/o Linaro for compatibility)
    md5sum: a16c281fa3dbe0962c6dc2c03e6df5bc
    Full ROM: http://bit.ly/NaD2vW
    md5sum: d9dfe6f5f97eadbeaecc86d0314cb80e
    - Mainline Linux 3.0.31 updates
    - TI kernel 3.0.21 branch updates
    - [ROM-Only] Now w/ "OtterParts where the touchscreen filter setting can be set (0 as default, but 30 is very usable) -- (Scott Brady)
    - Built using Linaro toolchain
    - Added KRAIT optimizations (not sure how effective yet) (twa_priv)

NOTE: I haven't adjusted the nightly server to use the 3.0.31 kernel OR Linaro yet. This is the only ROM link I've built with it in it.

[06-27-2012] UNOFFICIAL NIGHTLY SERVER IS RUNNING:
    DOWNLOAD HERE
    GApps: http://goo.im/gapps (4/29 is the latest in the CM9 row)
    These builds are using a stock framework which includes the volume slider mod. It's kept up-to-date by twa_priv.

STEPS FOR UPDATING:
    1. Download .zip file from the nightly server and place on your device
    2. Reboot into recovery and apply .zip
    3. If coming from any ROM which is not CM9 please wipe data/cache/Dalvik Cache
    4. Reboot and enjoy

LATEST CHANGES:
    [06-26-2012] Added sbradymobile's touch filter patch + OtterParts for controlling the filter level (30 recommended, default as 0 for now) (under Settings -> Advanced) [THANKS!]

SOLO KERNEL NOTES:

06-08: KERNEL.ZIP #12 IS NOW READY HERE (FLASH IN RECOVERY): http://bit.ly/KPbDVm
    md5sum: e7476ff785b2dfbdb062e1cc036c14ac
    - Touchscreen driver changes (event optimization, ICS friendly)
    - Updated the WLAN driver to R5.00.18 (up from R5.00.5)
    - Cleaned up the charger code some more (part of on-going charger work)
    - Added more support for PPTP and L2TP connections
    - [NEW 06/08] Added CCMP support used in 802.11i for EAPOL/WPA2/IPSEC connections using 4-way handshakes (Will fix some users who can't connect to wifi at certain locations)

TROUBLESHOOTING FOR USB not being recognized in Windows 7 (while the Kindle is *NOT* plugged into computer):
    - Open Device Manager
    - Right-click your computer name and select "Show Hidden Devices"
    - The top device group should be: Android device(or phone): under it "Android ADB Composite device"
    - Right-click on that and select uninstall
    - Now plug the Kindle back into the computer and let driver re-install

IF FOR SOME REASON WIFI DOESN'T WORK ON THE FIRST BOOTUP DO THE FOLLOWING:
    Enter Terminal Emulator
    Type: su
    Type: fix-mac.sh
    Exit Terminal Emulator
    Reboot

THIS ROM SHOWS OFF HOW WELL ICS CAN RUN ON THE KINDLE FIRE.
    ** READY FOR DAILY USE **

If I had just installed this ROM and I wanted to see something that might not work in the stock-kernel based ICS ROM, then I'd try the following:
    - Install "Chrome Beta" from the market and test it out.
    - Audio is more stable.
    - Launcher is smoother due to full PVR graphic support
    - Try YouTube!

For user support, look to this thread! Please keep discussion here as to what works and what doesn't, etc.
    06-08: KERNEL.ZIP #12 IS NOW READY HERE (FLASH IN RECOVERY): http://bit.ly/KPbDVm
    md5sum: e7476ff785b2dfbdb062e1cc036c14ac
    - Touchscreen driver changes (event optimization, ICS friendly)
    - Updated the WLAN driver to R5.00.18 (up from R5.00.5)
    - Cleaned up the charger code some more (part of on-going charger work)
    - Added more support for PPTP and L2TP connections
    - [NEW 06/08] Added CCMP support used in 802.11i for EAPOL/WPA2/IPSEC connections using 4-way handshakes (Will fix some users who can't connect to wifi at certain locations)
    I think we can safely agree that the charger driver has issues and it's being worked on. And that each user should ensure that their device charges correctly without the aid of seeing the charging icon in the status bar.

The details are really irrelevant.

ONCE AGAIN KEEP IT CIVIL. WHICH MEANS: don't accuse each other of lying, call each other names, or use otherwise inflammatory remarks.

While rude and insensitive, its also mucking up my thread which is supposed to be a useful resource.

I say this as someone who religiously pages through almost every thread in this area and often could respond badly to poorly worded kernel demands, etc. It doesn't take much to turn a well intentioned post into something worse. And sometimes its due to language barriers or other issues which are beyond control.

A thick skin is almost a requirement in any public forum setting.

/rant

On a side note the new driver is working with the OS: I get a charging icon when plugging in. Now on to removing the extra battery device, fixing suspend and a pleathora of mode switch issues.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
    TEST BUILD #3 IS READY HERE: http://bit.ly/IShcSq

There are 2 changes for this build:
    - HW Codecs are now working.
    - Kernel included in this build is running "silicon type performance" mode. Meaning it's a stock overclock to 1.2 Ghz. Please test this as well.

If you have ANY issues with the 1.2 Ghz speed and want to step back down to 1.0 Ghz do the following:
    - Enter "Settings"
    - Choose "Performance" (at the bottom)
    - Click "Ok"
    - Select "Processor" (the first item on the right)
    - Choose "Maximum CPU frequency"
    - Set this to 1008
    - Then check the "Set on boot" option
    05-10: KERNEL.ZIP #9 IS NOW READY HERE (FLASH IN RECOVERY): http://bit.ly/Iz9J4s
    md5sum bb453c85f7155cea3fab1c83cae65c73
    [ FULL STOCK CM9 ROM AVAILABLE HERE: http://bit.ly/JC6UBT ]
    md5sum 0d7677af67501b0f467130016fb1f928
    - updated PVR/graphics drivers for bugfix (same version 1.8@869593): fixes slight text corruption in at 270 degree rotation and memory leak
    - cleanup work on backlight driver, still flashes on resume slightly (Icemank121)
    - cpu governor: conservative cherry-pick improvment patches (Entropy512)
    - [ROM ONLY] Wifi netloc (GPS) working! (Entrophy512)
    - wifi .ini file change to TQS_S_2.6.ini (doesn't have 5ghz settings like the other)
    - [ROM ONLY] Volume increase (Kuzma30), updated CM9 build, reboot recovery fix, included volume slider, and commented out "survey data missing!" in wpa_supplicant_8, higher quality bootanimation

DEV NOTES: ROM Build is now fixed so that PVR modules are built with the kernel.