[Q] Changing the CSC

Search This thread

iamjsed

May 30, 2013
Manila
I currently own a SM-N9905 from the Philippines that is currently locked to a carrier.

Baseband: N9005XXUDMJ7
PDA: N9005XXUDMJ7
CSC: N9005OLBDMJ2

1. Can I change the CSC to another region so I can update to 4.4.2?

2. Will Knox 0x0 be tripped if I do so?

3. (a longshot question) If I manage to change the CSC will the phone be unlocked?

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
I currently own a SM-N9905 from the Philippines that is currently locked to a carrier.

Baseband: N9005XXUDMJ7
PDA: N9005XXUDMJ7
CSC: N9005OLBDMJ2

1. Can I change the CSC to another region so I can update to 4.4.2?

2. Will Knox 0x0 be tripped if I do so?

3. (a longshot question) If I manage to change the CSC will the phone be unlocked?
To try about CSC's, I have flashed the Singapore XSP but it have the XTC from Philippines by default. May be a Samsung error.
If You flash this Rom by Odin3 v3.09 You stay whit Your XTC, not need change CSC. And the flag continue 0x0.

When we say phone locked or unlocked is only about Sim card from Your carrier. You can't use the Sim from another carrier. Like my Note3 is locked to TMN. But I and You can flash what we want, Rom's, Bootloaders, Modem,s, CSC's, etc.

Make Full wipe data + cache on recovery. If You not have one customer recovery (that trip the flag to 0x1) You make this whit stock recovery, but in this case Your internal Sdcard must be wiped also. Save it to External or to Pc before.

Flash this Rom is HERE.

Singapore XSP (but XTC by default) => XXUENB4_ OLBENA3_XXUENB1
OLB = Multi-CSC 10 csc's on Post #5 from that thread.

PS: In this case You not need the link from post before.

Last edited:

iamjsed

May 30, 2013
Manila
To try about CSC's, I have flashed the Singapore XSP but it have the XTC from Philippines by default. May be a Samsung error.
If You flash this Rom by Odin3 v3.09 You stay whit Your XTC, not need change CSC. And the flag continue 0x0.

When we say phone locked or unlocked is only about Sim card from Your carrier. You can't use the Sim from another carrier. Like my Note3 is locked to TMN. But I and You can flash what we want, Rom's, Bootloaders, Modem,s, CSC's, etc.

Make Full wipe data + cache on recovery. If You not have one customer recovery (that trip the flag to 0x1) You make this whit stock recovery, but in this case Your internal Sdcard must be wiped also. Save it to External or to Pc before.

Flash this Rom is HERE.

Singapore XSP (but XTC by default) => XXUENB4_ OLBENA3_XXUENB1
OLB = Multi-CSC 10 csc's on Post #5 from that thread.

PS: In this case You not need the link from post before.

Mine is SMA. Can I flash XXUENB4_ OLBENA3_XXUENB1 via Odin directly and Knox will remain 0x0?

vinodup

Apr 24, 2011
Mumbai
Region Locked firmware replaced with region unlocked

I have just bought a european N9005 with 4.3 installed. I am in india since india does not have N9005. I have decided to install 4.3 from Hong Kong on this phone as there is no region lock on Hong Kong N9005. will the region lock go away when i replace the european firmware with the Hong Kong Firmware

Thanks in Advance

iamjsed

May 30, 2013
Manila
I have just bought a european N9005 with 4.3 installed. I am in india since india does not have N9005. I have decided to install 4.3 from Hong Kong on this phone as there is no region lock on Hong Kong N9005. will the region lock go away when i replace the european firmware with the Hong Kong Firmware

Thanks in Advance

As far as I know region lock is based on your CSC

vinodup

Apr 24, 2011
Mumbai
As far as I know region lock is based on your CSC

can u please eloborate. w.r.t regionlock away by chainfire it removes the blacklist country networks and then the rooted phone can have any sim.

does the CSC change if you replace the firmware from region lock country to non region lock like singapore or hong kong.

Please clarify

Thanks in advance