[SELFKANG AOSP ROM] CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha Release [UPDATE 11/16 PM]

Search This thread

GoogleAndroid

Oct 2, 2010
Wow. Cm7 already, and its nearly fully functional. And as soon as the call bug is fixed, I'm flashing.

kshen1

Sep 3, 2011
I'm prob gonna actually use this as my daily, since I don't need to make calls with my phone these days.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

jarzy00

Oct 7, 2011
Rochester
This is amazing. cm7 already? Wow! But im definitely going to wait for the Zip for koush's bootstrap. Plus it will allow for all bugs to get fixed for the time being. Nice work:)

Sent from my STEEL DROID3 using XDA App

rodak69

Jun 5, 2008
Legnica
MobileGeekInc.com
Woooo!
That's the kind of news I was hoping to see soon and now it's available! I can't wait to get my own Droid 3 but first I need to sell my i9000 and Wildfire S. When I get my Droid I'll try to contribute to the project as much as I can .
Cheers, guys!

oostah

Oct 15, 2010
Cullowhee
dang bootloop!! trying agian dang i want to see this running on my phone.

edit got nice glade to see it up and running

Last edited:

wootizzle

Aug 28, 2011
Washington, DC
Sweet. Probably gonna wait til phone and camera issues resolved. I text 90% of the time but require phone for work and calling family means I live outta state. -__-

Can't waittt

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
oostah: Make sure to format /system and wipe data/cache before applying the .zip. I've heard of at least 1 other user who missed that step and bootlooped.

MrJudylicious

Sep 8, 2011
Indiana
im not tryin to hijack this but rsd hasnt worked for me. im now bootlooping with the stock animation. rsd goes through fine and it reboots and bootloops.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** [UPDATE 11/16] = Minor update adding Droid3Bootstrap / RomManager support for installs. You DO NOT need Safestrap to install CM7 now. Any Bootstrap will work.
    [UPDATE 11/10] = Better audio (still debugging why volume will occassionally fall back down -- if it does go into settings -> sound -> volume and drag the media slider up -- will reset it), fixed bluetooth -- 2nd ota patch .zip for 5.7.894 OTA users

It's an OMAP4 optimized AOSP build using CyanogenMod sources. I used some of the published Moto Source (9/18) where I felt it was appropriate to get the low level services running. You will not see any Blur files in this build.

Download Link Here
    If you're running the 5.7.894 OTA, you will also want to apply a 2nd .zip afterward to update the few stock binaries that are in the build. It's under the .zip download links.

Changelog Here

For the most up-to-date information / builds check my blog: http://hash-of-codes.blogspot.com

What is working in this build:
    • Phone dial and recieve calls (10/18)
    • Wifi
    • SD Cards
    • Audio is getting better
    • GPS
    • 3G data
    • Bluetooth
    • lots I can't list
    Feel free to flash gapps and test away. To download GApps go here and select the top "universal CM7 link for GB"

What isn't working:
    • Camera app doesn't soft reset the phone anymore, but it isn't working yet either.
    • Phone app FC's on the boot. Just close the notification and it'll restart 3G immediately.
    • Audio is very funky atm. It's getting better. If you lose volume, try opening Setting -> Sound -> Volume and drag the "media" slider down and then back up.
    GSM Users:
    • I reviewed some changes submitted by XDA's coreless88 and for the moment I'm just not comfortable putting them in the main build. They would default the phone to GSM/WCDMA. I WILL absolutely get the native support for both GSM and CDMA working as this build matures. It just may take a while. If you really want a GSM variant of this build let me know and I'll reproduce a version with his build.prop changes. For me personally, this can't be a daily driver till the audio issues are fixed.
    I think it would be useful if someone could type up a tutorial on how to go from a CM7 device using Safestrap to using it with D3 Bootstrapper, and vice versa. I currently have Safestrap installed and would like to go to Bootstrapper but am concerned about uninstalling Safestrap properly because I have heard having both installed at the same time makes 'bad things' happen haha

So yea, a step by step tutorial would be MOST appreciated. One more question... do the two options (Safestrap/Bootstrap) provide different functionality or is it simply a matter of it being a different user interface and ability to interact with ROM manager?

Thanks for everything guys!

When going from Safestrap to Bootstrap it's very easy:
    1. Make sure you're in "non-safe mode" and boot up to the ROM
    2. Open up Safestrap.apk and click the "Remove Recovery" button
    3. Go into Settings -> Applications and remove Safestrap
    4. Now you can install Bootstrap like normal

Going from Bootstrap to Safestrap *should* be just as simple, but for some reason there are occasional hiccups which can be solved by starting off with a stock system (+ root):
    1. Remove the Bootstrap apk by going to Settings -> Applications (there is no "Remove" inside the app)
    2. Install Safestrap.apk
    3. Click the "Install Recovery" button and double check that you see the 1.06 in the lower left corner.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MIX AND MATCH BACKUPS FROM 2 DIFFERENT PROGRAMS. If you made the backup in Bootstrap then you can recovery with it in Bootstrap. Same goes for Safestrap. They are in different directories now on the SD card so it shouldn't happen, but it bears repeating.

If you have error messages on the installation:
    1. Make sure you have root
    2. Make sure you have about 3 megs free on your system drive
    3. Make sure you're up-to-date w/ Superuser.apk and have rebooted at least once after upgrading.
    4. Make sure you have a decent version of busybox installed

The main benefit of Safestrap over Bootstrap is the ability to ALWAYS get back to recovery by never directly clobbering your main system partition.

Some cliffs notes for Safestrap:
    1. It uses the /preinstall partition as a 2nd-system partition to boot a 2nd ROM from.
    2. So, anywhere in the recovery where it mentions "system", it's really talking about your preinstall. This is true for non-safe mode OR safe mode.
    3. All features like "format /system" and flashing ROMs while in Safestrap only affect /preinstall and not your original system. This is true for non-safe mode OR safe mode.
    4. There are 2 "modes" for Safestrap: "non-safe mode" where you boot up to your original ROM from the primary system partition, and "safe mode" where you boot from the /preinstall partition (2nd-system).
    5. When you choose to change modes via the Safestrap Menu -> Toggle. The program takes your current /data and stashes it in a data file. Then checks for a saved data file from the mode that you're going to and restores it.
    6. Don't ever use the "QUICK" (Unsafe) Toggle. Unless you're "stuck" in Safe Mode and getting an error when trying to swap back to non-safe mode. This QUICK toggle skips the saving of your current /data and the restore of your saved /data from your main ROM. It's meant as an emergency exit. You will need to restore your original ROM /data from a backup made while in non-safe mode.
    7. Treat backups made in each mode as separate. Because "/system" will be whatever you have on your 2nd-system at the time, and /data is which ever ROM is active. While in "non-safe" mode backups automatically include the original system partition for disaster recovery. Backups made in "safe mode" give you the option of backing up the original system.

Good luck.

From a personal stand-point, where I dev at odd hours of the day and night, it's unbelievably handy to be able to swap to ICS for an hour and dev on it, then swap back to whatever stable ROM I'm running on my primary system so I can answer calls and use my phone .. as a phone.
    Updated the build tonight. Better audio (haven't tested w/ headphones, can you?), fixed bluetooth and I have a 2ndary patch for 5.7.894 OTA users to apply after the main .zip.

Let me know what you think
    I got the URL for the update guys. Here it is. http://goo.gl/VFpds

EDIT: MD5 Verified

It's funny the way I got it. I used a URL unshortener on the old download, then changed the filename it pointed to and viola, CM7 update lol.

Thanks Hashcode!
    I must say, Battery life on this buid is AMAZING. I have never came home from work with 84% left. At least not with blur & since I had my D1!

"One mistake and biggest learning experiences of my life is letting people stay in my life far longer than they deserve to. " -Trenton Blakley

Phone: Droid III
    Rooted: Duh
    Rom: CM7 Beta with BigDx Bionic & Bionic Red Remix Theme with UltimateZilla12 Modding. Thank you Hashcode!
    Twitter: @TrentonBlakley_