Etn40ff

Jul 11, 2010
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this radio
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is the radio file extracted from December's official OTA update. I am running it together with CM7 and everything is going smoothly (some minor bumps along the road initially that I haven't understood yet). Flash via fastboot:
Code:
fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot flash rcdata rcdata.img

I am not 100% sure you need to flash rcdata; I did and now I regret not testing flashing only the radio (if you come across the original rcdata.img please pm me, I'll be glad to test).

I strongly advice to verify you have got the right files via md5sum (hboot has some internal checks on what you will flash but better safe than sorry)
Code:
ad1efbf1b142be74cbcc96ec134aeaaf  radio.img
76040e50a3c7f081caab33691ef3a8bb  rcdata.img

radio-11.16.3504.20_2.zip

\begin{rant}
To everybody complaining daily on XDA about the absence of development for our phone. Shut up and get your hands dirty with something. Whining is useless and annoying. This is a development forum not a restaurant where you go and order food.
\end{rant}

Gootah

Apr 5, 2007
Brooklyn
Word

I'll flash over ICS Splashed and report back with speed test results.

Edit: Which brings me to a question, is this a flashable ZIP or do we need to rename and flash with Fastboot?

Edit: Answer was in there, retracting edit...with edit...

Last edited:

Etn40ff

Jul 11, 2010
I had few reboots with CM7 and virtuous 2 kernel.
Code:
[SMD] MODEM/AMSS has CRASHED
Can anyone confirm?

Reactions: ceza7771

HebrewToYou

Feb 9, 2010
I'm having random reboots all of a sudden with this radio, running (ROM)Sensation Remix v2.43:mad:
Random reboots here as well. Blerg...

Trying to get a logcat of this as I was out to lunch when the reboots began, but now it's not happening... I *did* run Fix Permissions and reboot the device just as a precaution, but now while plugged in it's definitely not rebooting.

Last edited:

inkling

Nov 27, 2010
\begin{rant}
To everybody complaining daily on XDA about the absence of development for our phone. Shut up and get your hands dirty with something. Whining is useless and annoying. This is a development forum not a restaurant where you go and order food.
\end{rant}

:) Agreed.

Etn40ff

Jul 11, 2010
I can confirm there is an issue with the new radio that is independent of the kernel: the modem crashes when the phone goes to sleep. I will try to fix permission as soon as possible as suggested by HebrewToYou. In the mean time, for those who did not take a backup of the radio (nandroid is *not* a backup of the radio), here is a copy of the radio I had before this one.

radio-10.11.9007.07_2M
Code:
fe95b2cf9a5b7959710cf7c0b32888b4  radio-10.11.9007.07_2M.img

On a related topic: I am oversea now so I do not have a clear prospective now but it looks to me that the new radio has a much worse reception than the old one. Can you confirm this?

Reactions: cerwidwen

HebrewToYou

Feb 9, 2010
I can confirm there is an issue with the new radio that is independent of the kernel: the modem crashes when the phone goes to sleep. I will try to fix permission as soon as possible as suggested by HebrewToYou. In the mean time, for those who did not take a backup of the radio (nandroid is *not* a backup of the radio), here is a copy of the radio I had before this one.

radio-10.11.9007.07_2M
Code:

On a related topic: I am oversea now so I do not have a clear prospective now but it looks to me that the new radio has a much worse reception than the old one. Can you confirm this?
It's likely not a permission issue, btw, as I just experienced another reboot. Blerg. I've downgraded to the previous radio, 10.48.9007.00U_10.12.9007.07, which can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1218175

Hopefully flashing the rcdata partition won't have borked everything...

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not having any issues at all with the new radio, things are running quite nicely, but I am on the full new stock ROM, with all the new components. I'll keep an eye on reception, but it doesn't seem any different than before... I have full bars right now even.

I believe the Virtuous kernels are prone to reboots and such, especially version 2, but if you're getting reboots with only the new radio, then could it be that it doesn't work well in isolation from the other new components? I don't know myself, just postulating.

Emmanuel U

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2011
Chi-Town Suburbs
I'm not having any issues at all with the new radio, things are running quite nicely, but I am on the full new stock ROM, with all the new components. I'll keep an eye on reception, but it doesn't seem any different than before... I have full bars right now even.

I believe the Virtuous kernels are prone to reboots and such, especially version 2, but if you're getting reboots with only the new radio, then could it be that it doesn't work well in isolation from the other new components? I don't know myself, just postulating.

We just proved that the problem only came with people not running the new stock Rom because of its kernel....:p

Litesorrows

May 19, 2011
Elgin
www.facebook.com
Virtuous kernels are very unstable, only the V1a is the most stable. I believe the new Radio is NOT compatible with non stock Kernels. I was afraid of the new Kernel, and Radio. I thought it broke S-Off. How the reception? Whats the official info for the Update? Whats it supposed to fix?

roplusbee

Jun 21, 2011
I'm going to give this a shot tonight and see what I can come up with. I am running the Bulletproof ROM also. I will report my results shortly............

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this radio
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the radio file extracted from December's official OTA update. I am running it together with CM7 and everything is going smoothly (some minor bumps along the road initially that I haven't understood yet). Flash via fastboot:
    Code:
    fastboot flash radio radio.img
    fastboot flash rcdata rcdata.img

I am not 100% sure you need to flash rcdata; I did and now I regret not testing flashing only the radio (if you come across the original rcdata.img please pm me, I'll be glad to test).

I strongly advice to verify you have got the right files via md5sum (hboot has some internal checks on what you will flash but better safe than sorry)
    Code:
    ad1efbf1b142be74cbcc96ec134aeaaf  radio.img
    76040e50a3c7f081caab33691ef3a8bb  rcdata.img

radio-11.16.3504.20_2.zip

\begin{rant}
    \end{rant}
    I had few reboots with CM7 and virtuous 2 kernel.
    Code:
    [SMD] MODEM/AMSS has CRASHED
    Can anyone confirm?

radio-10.11.9007.07_2M
    Code: