Pandora Now Playing on Active Display

Search This thread

fury683

Dec 20, 2010
MSP
Saw a thread about this on reddit and took a stab at it.

Curious if there is anyone with root that does not have Tasker installed that would want to test it for me? It works on my Moto X, but I have Tasker.

The app fires a notification with the current song playing on Pandora so it can be seen on Active Display. It's still in the early stages, so it's not perfect.

If you're interested in trying it for me, here's a link. The only requirements are having root, using Pandora, and having a Moto X, obviously :p

https://copy.com/LlLkiTAtpdxnsFt

It will ask for root the first time it tries to run, and it updates every two minutes. Once I can tell that it's working on other devices, I can decrease the refresh time in an effort to be more accurate.

Note: It will ask for root the first time it runs, so you might want to keep your screen on for a few minutes until you see the root request. After that it will just fire the notification.

Edit 3/26: Also make sure that the app is enabled in your Active Display settings if you disabled the option to automatically enable all new apps :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20140325_141224_038.jpg
    IMG_20140325_141224_038.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 2,144
Last edited:

Kenichi

Jan 17, 2010

Curious if there is anyone with root that does not have Tasker installed that would want to test it for me? It works on my Moto X, but I have Tasker.

The app fires a notification with the current song playing on Pandora so it can be seen on Active Display. It's still in the early stages, so it's not perfect.

If you're interested in trying it for me, here's a link. The only requirements are having root, using Pandora, and having a Moto X, obviously :p

It will ask for root the first time it tries to run, and it updates every two minutes. Once I can tell that it's working on other devices, I can decrease the refresh time in an effort to be more accurate.

Note: It will ask for root the first time it runs, so you might want to keep your screen on for a few minutes until you see the root request. After that it will just fire the notification.

Thanks!

Pretty neat! I'll give it a whirl in a bit.

Kenichi

Cyphir

Jan 22, 2012
I can't seem to get it to work. Will reinstall Tasker and see if it works.

Last edited:

fury683

Dec 20, 2010
MSP
I can't seem to get it to work although I have Tasked as well. Perhaps they are conflicting.

Did it request root? It runs on a two minute cycle, and scrapes the existing notifications, one of which is Pandora. It then assigns those to variables and makes its own notification.

If it did ask for root and still didn't work, can you check Settings > Accessibility and see if Tasker is checked?

Cyphir

Jan 22, 2012
Did it request root? It runs on a two minute cycle, and scrapes the existing notifications, one of which is Pandora. It then assigns those to variables and makes its own notification.

If it did ask for root and still didn't work, can you check Settings > Accessibility and see if Tasker is checked?

I have SuperSU to auto grant root access. I hadn't had tasker installed when I thought I had. Installed it and still couldn't get it to work. I just checked Tasked in Accessibility so let's see.

Edit: Still nothing. Hmmmm.

Last edited:

myoder020

Jan 18, 2011
It worked for me. Just had to make sure it was checked in active display.

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: fury683

fury683

Dec 20, 2010
MSP

Cool! I was starting to get worried that maybe it only worked for me. I forgot that some people may have the option to auto add new apps to Active Display turned off.

JustROLLIN

Feb 4, 2012
For those of you who are not having success, and meet the requirements of the first post, please try it again. The app only updates every two minutes so you will not immediately see the notification appear. Let the sing play for a bit and then it will appear.

Needless to say mind works and I learned the lesson above from my own experiences.

dtrud0h

Dec 11, 2011
Westport Island
Works Here

Followed directions, SuperSU installed, activate in Active display settings, small delay before it becomes active, works as advertised. Thanks for this.

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
You don't need root to do this with Tasker. All you have to do is use autonotification intercept to intercept the Pandora's notification.

I'll write a profile for you if you want

Lyrics aren't possible, Active Display only allows two lines
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bg8780

Dec 20, 2010
This awesome! Very interested in using this with Google Music as it is my default music player.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Edit 3/26: Also make sure that the app is enabled in your Active Display settings if you disabled the option to automatically enable all new apps :)

Thanks!

Support added for :

Pandora (with or without xposed rich notifications module)
    Google Play Music
    iHeartRadio
    Holified GrooveShark/Dood's Music Streamer
    Songza
    Spotify
    Rdio
    Slacker
    Miui Music Player
    SoundCloud
    Apollo Music Player
    Fixed and published. Thanks for your patience