Stuck in CWM recovery! Phone is possessed!

Search This thread

aktacosa

Jan 30, 2014
I just got the N9005 Note 3 clone and I believe that I have bricked it. I installed CWM using MTK Tools (or so I thought) and downloaded what I believed to be the correct recovery for the phone. Now when it boots, it will stay on for about 10 seconds and reboot and will continue to do so if I let it. When I try to boot the phone into recovery mode instead it goes to a screen that says,

Select Boot Mode:
[VOLUME_UP to select. VOLUME_DOWN is OK.]

[Recovery. Mode]. <<==
[Fastboot. Mode]
[Normal. Mode]

I can use my volume up key but I can't select anything. No amount of pressing it, or holding it down, or pressing the other buttons selects either of them. I have to pull the battery to get the phone to do anything from there. Which leads me to believe that there was either an error in installing CWM, or it didn't install anything at all and corrupted something else pertinent to the Android system. It's almost as if Android recovery doesn't exist anymore like it was deleted. Is that even possible? I am at a total loss at what to do. Since I can't keep my phone booted for longer than 10 seconds at a time, I can't install CWM (again), which means that I can't factory reset my phone, install any kind of roms, wipe any kind of caches, nothing. Any help that you can provide I would be eternally grateful.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

aktacosa

Jan 30, 2014
Ok so after a couple of days of frustration and many hours of trial and error and lots of research done on many outlets of approach I found out that I can now boot the phone into fastboot. I booted the phone normally and in the 5-10 seconds that it does stay booted, PDAnet recognizes the phone and in a command prompt I very quickly typed 'adb reboot bootloader' and the phone reboots into fastboot. I immediately did research to find out what to do next. I tired a couple of things and so far I haven't had much success. I typed in my command prompt 'fastboot -w' and it says erasing 'userdata'... and after many minutes it says 'FAILED <status read failed <too many links>>.' Am I doing something wrong? My goal is to factory reset the phone back to the original boot image.

I'm pretty sure this all happened because I flashed the wrong recovery, when I try to boot into recovery (volume down+home button+power button) it brings me to a boot menu where I have 3 options to choose from, recovery, fastboot, and normal boot, none of which I can select. My best guess is that when I flashed the recovery the original recovery that came with the phone was deleted and it has corrupted something in the system which is causing the continuous reboots.

Upon further research I found a debrick image that is specific to my phone. Would that help? I'm going to try it and see what happens.

Sorry for the doosy here and all the questions but any help that anyone can provide would be very appreciated.

Last edited: