[May 22] Dutty's Official WM6.1 5.2.19585 Test Version [ABANDONED DUE TO BUGS]

Search This thread

twinpeaks

Dec 9, 2006
Dutty,

Most dialers allow LFF dialing (last name 1 char, first name 1, first name 1) except for your dialers. I really like the software ITSELF and the red color, is this something that you can add?

markata

May 16, 2008
Varna
Clear Storage function doesn't work, now have to put this ROM again.
It stops when it has to midified some things in the beginning. :(:(:eek:

Last edited:

Arfman

Sep 26, 2007
Also had the Customization hanging bug. Pulled SIM and SD card, and then it worked. Just a heads up.

webvan

May 20, 2008
Thanks for the new ROM, but I think I'm going back to the APRIL29 one, maybe the radio, but WiFi is really slow on this one, darn, which I had made a back of the other one!

Besides it feels slower too.

DrWatson2005

Oct 3, 2007
Quick Gps worked for me when I connected to wifi. Try that.

Hello doctor, gullum supports 120% Norwegian dictonary, use ie. phone pad and you will get ÆØÅ when on A and O. Will look into touch keyboard and see if I can figure out why its not showing it, cause it contained the propper gfx if im not total blure on it (gonna reflash later today, testing my own brew atm :) )

:D Thanks! Brewing your own ROM? Nice. I recon it wil come with optional norwegian keyboard... :D

The Dr.

xmoo

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
www.Mohammad.Moghtader.net
Dutty, The rom speed is a bit slo tho, while in menu (16April was the fastes). But watching video's playing games etc works 100%. Camera everything, like if in this rom the drivers are fully working. Have watched a movie in WMP and TCMP and both are lagg less......

For me TCMP works fully, so don't know why ppl are saying it does not work.

Also 1 weird thing is that my phone now is saying that is has a Qualcom MSM7500 !!!!
Mayb on next release adding FM radio back in so we can continue....

One MAJOR good thing is that now my phone think it's a MSM7500, Google Android boots up every time. So Google Android is almost fully working on my device (Only back key and radio needs to be fixed).

So this is a good rom. The speed while in menu could be a bit faster tho. And A bit bugless.

Also have to original cube installed (The first one you've uploaded here) and it works good. No lag good speed everything is fine.

So basicly this ROM is GOOD but we can get it to be BETER.

Holla at em dawg.
peace.

Ps. This radio is good tho, but a bit too much battery drain. gonna try to flash it back to 1.64.x.x hope it will work.

webvan

May 20, 2008
Still very bad WiFi after a hard reset will try Radio 1.65.20.29 to see if it helps.

oomkool

Sep 14, 2007
Going back

I have now tried every single rom that's been released in the last 2 months, even the latest from Dutty but I keep on going back to Ruu_Signed_Duttys_WM6.1_Official_5.2.19209_1_58_16_27__FIX. It's stable, fast, Wifi works and my GPS with TomTom works a treat. My phone needs to run stable and fast with apps opening and closing quickly, especially when I'm seeing clients and the Official Rom is the only one that hasn't let me down. Unfortunately the latest roms keep on giving hassles with random screen freezes and poor reception. Also tried to get Google maps to work with the new rom but gps couldn't connect at all. So, back to the Official Dutty rom again.

Thanks again Dutty for your efforts, your Roms are the best, hands down!:cool:

webvan

May 20, 2008
Ruu_Signed_Duttys_WM6.1_5.2.19700_Hybrid V2_1_64.08.21[CubeV2] was working well for me too [APRIL29] is the one you mention from [APRIL16]

GermanGuy

Mar 19, 2005
Minneapolis
So far the ROM is working well. Thank you. Has anybody had any luck getting Cardexport to work to enable fast file transfer via USB. It is not working for me, I downloaded the latest version of Softick Cardexport.

And yes, I disabled advanced network functionality.

Last edited:

nethat

Apr 24, 2008
Can anybody tell me how to update the live messenger to the latest one, cause the one in 29Apr rom does not work now.

packagingpro

Apr 16, 2007
A-Z listed in Contacts

Is there anyway to get the A-Z summary listed on the right side of the contacts like the other ROMS. It allows you to go directly to the letter of the alphabet. Is there a cab or setting for this?

Geo_Ros

Mar 10, 2008
Baarn, UT
Issues found till now:
-After setting a custom background, installing TomTom, screen flips take abt 3-4 seconds, still in one piece fortunately
-When restored my messages, the phone hangs when I try to delete all messages in one time...tried 3 times(chose the wrong backup)
-When playing a video with mediaplayer, it looks acceptable, but it seemed better with the 29/04 hybrid rom...
-Audio Manager doesn't work, when starting always get a weird screen, see screenshot underneath:D
sshot001bn9.png

Last edited:

taurusco1

May 13, 2008
Slow Contact & Autocomplete

Dutty....thanks for all you do. QUESTION: The autocomple for the contact that appears at the bottom when you begin writting someones name seem to slow down the system tremendously. I have 2000 contacts, but still, it doesnt do that with other ROMS. Anyway to remove and get back to original autocomplete that appears in the "TO: line of an email?

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
1- When I want to backspace or delete while typing a SMS, it get's stuck and won't delete. The only way to make this work is by pressing Fn key and button smash delete until it starts to backspace or delete.

Sound like this could be related to the keyboard fix you loaded. I have not had this problem on any of Dutty's ROMs.

2- When I want to answe a call, for some reason the mapped soft key on the left is Silence instead of answer. It get's annoying because sometimes you end up pressing Silence by mistake and then you have to hang up and miss your call.

This is a software app that Dutty included with his ROM. Easy Fix: Use the green button 3mm to the left.

3- Why sometimes when I close an application it goes with a grainy screen (you know when you have your television on with nothing but just a rain of pixels) looks similar but with colors and lines. This won't bother that much because thankfully it only pops up for half second and everything get back to normal. But this makes my phone look like it has manufacture or ROM issues and makes it look ugly.

This is not exclusive to Dutty. I had had this issue on rare occasions with several 6.0 and 6.1 ROMs. Since I have not experienced this at all with the Niki radio, my guess is that the radio version has something to do with it.

4- When I type (having the auto correction OFF); it still tries to Auto correct. This started after I downloaded the "Keyboard FIX".

Which keyboard fix?

5- Why when I dial a number there is a little CHOPPY sound? This interrupts a lot while dialing.

Try a new dialer.

RizwanKhan

Apr 10, 2008
Aiur
major bug for me, don't know if some one else ran into this..

no numbers on on-screen keyboard when switching from abc to 123.

-----------------------------

i updated my post on second page of thread Dutty; don't know if you saw it or not. But is anyone else having this issue?

The squares are there for holding the numbers and special characters but nothing is filled in. Its blank. Will upload a screen shot once i get home