[REF] HD2 STICKIES | USEFUL INFO | POSTING RULES - Read before posting

Search This thread

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Thinking of posting a new thread? Please read post #2​

This thread will list and link to all threads worthy of being "stickied", it will be the only sticky in the forum (bar one) so please dont ask.

Please leave your suggestions for new threads [with the thread link please] to be added to this list below and a moderator will attend to this as and when necessary.

This thread will be cleaned periodically so dont take any offense if your message is deleted. Just trying to keep things clean so that new requests are easy to find.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Searching | Posting | The Basics:
(Make sure you've read them before starting a new thread)

Reference Material

Rom Flashing Guides

Rom Sources

Radio Sources

How To Format Your HD2

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Thinking of posting a new thread???

Use the search button on the top bar between "New Posts" and "Quick Links"

If any mod, including myself, continue to find new threads about topics that have threads already existing.
The thread will be locked with no notice and/or up to a temp BAN!!.

Mods, including myself, are not here to keep the forum organized after the fact, we need your help to keep it organized, clean and grouped.

To the dedicated members that care to keep this forum, subforums included, clean and organized and grouped.
Please start reporting threads to the mods to take action. Using this button.

Thank You and happy easy searching. :)

Reactions: YZ

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
as much as the tidy up is great, i truly believe that making the "Complete Leo Flashing video guide" and "how to flash everything" a bit less obvious to find (as these are after all intended for newcomers) is perhaps a little unwise.

ultimatly is up to XDA, but just my thoughts :)

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
Great idea: a sticky to collect stickies :) J

Just an additional thought: can't you guys define subfolders in a forum? Isn't it easier to have in each forum a subforum called stickies?

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
as much as the tidy up is great, i truly believe that making the "Complete Leo Flashing video guide" and "how to flash everything" a bit less obvious to find (as these are after all intended for newcomers) is perhaps a little unwise.

ultimatly is up to XDA, but just my thoughts :)
If we start to notice an upsurge in posts asking how to flash then maybe a flashing guide will be stickied back in the forum but this way cuts down on people saying "well if that one is stickied why cant mine be stickied"..

Dont worry I will keep an eye on posts and act accordingly :)

Mark.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Great idea: a sticky to collect stickies :) J

Just an additional thought: can't you guys define subfolders in a forum? Isn't it easier to have in each forum a subforum called stickies?
A stickie roll-up thread is alot easier to manage. If a subforum called 'Stickies' was created then it would need maintaining and non stickie worthy post being moved which means more work (and none of us wants that) ;)

This way everything can be categorised and more useful info added.

Mark.

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
A stickie roll-up thread is alot easier to manage. If a subforum called 'Stickies' was created then it would need maintaining and non stickie worthy post being moved which means more work (and none of us wants that) ;)

Mark.

Sounds as a really great idea. Now, all we need are some roll-up threads for roms, clocks, icons etc. :) So the reader can reduce his workload also (ahum)

newstar

Apr 28, 2009
bad idea :(
stickies was looking cool and these are easy for new users ..
specialy hsp thread , vbn files , must be sticky @ all !!!!!

Staxxthedan

Jan 30, 2009
Under His Wings

Mark.

Interesting re-organisation. is this your idea Mark? if yes then you need a promotion.:eek::D

F

Flashmore

On second thoughts, it is quite a nicely organised thread for the noob, I like.

Regards
Flashmore

Last edited:

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
bad idea :(
stickies was looking cool and these are easy for new users ..
specialy hsp thread , vbn files , must be sticky @ all !!!!!

But with this organization you can still easy find those important threads AND (and I like that very much) threads with much or new activity will "stick" themselves back on top of all threads. Very useful when something new is happening in one of those threads.

watchdog2003

Nov 8, 2005
Bostonia
Hard SPL 3 package extract attempts fail

Help please

Many attempts extracting Hard SPL3 package gives the following message;

! F:\Software\HTC HD2\HD2 HARDSPL3 Package\HSPL3_PKG.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

Turned off antivirus, used winrar 64-bit and 7-zip 32-bit. Destination folder content zero files

Now adding an HTC HD2 to my profile

Zenny_

Jul 28, 2010
Esbjerg
www.ajytzler.dk
Hey guys!

Im quite new to all this.. So my question is: How do i update my radio? And ROM? I want to run Android on my HD2. So i really need to update radio, but i dont know if i need to update ROM? And what ROM would be good, and whats the difference between all the ROMs?

A guide would be nice(I couldn't find anyone with the search function, thus this thread) :)

//Zenny

EDIT:

Do i need to update HSPL too? And to do that? If it is necessary :)

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Hey guys!

Im quite new to all this.. So my question is: How do i update my radio? And ROM? I want to run Android on my HD2. So i really need to update radio, but i dont know if i need to update ROM? And what ROM would be good, and whats the difference between all the ROMs?

A guide would be nice(I couldn't find anyone with the search function, thus this thread) :)

//Zenny

EDIT:

Do i need to update HSPL too? And to do that? If it is necessary :)
Taken from the first post:

Rom Flashing Guides

Did you not see that? :rolleyes:

Mark.

RicardoPerez

Oct 15, 2008
Sabanilla
Windows Phone 7 ported on a HD2

As a fan of cooked roms for my HTC, I wonder if therewill be several devices comming with windows Phone 7 SO, may be some off our genious on XDA can start to find some leaks roms and star the cooking for our HD2, ones brandom Miniman from Pocketnow said that if HTC didnt bring the windows Phone 7 for the HD2 as they said , the only one´s that can deliver something like this is our guys from XDA.
Hey guys..... lets the fun begind ...let do some WP7 cooking.....
thanks.
Ricardo.;)

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
As a fan of cooked roms for my HTC, I wonder if therewill be several devices comming with windows Phone 7 SO, may be some off our genious on XDA can start to find some leaks roms and star the cooking for our HD2, ones brandom Miniman from Pocketnow said that if HTC didnt bring the windows Phone 7 for the HD2 as they said , the only one´s that can deliver something like this is our guys from XDA.
Hey guys..... lets the fun begind ...let do some WP7 cooking.....
thanks.
Ricardo.;)
This thread is for sugestions for HD2 sticky threads and not for general banter lol.

Mark.

Dennehy13

Aug 3, 2010
[NEW] What are ROM's?

Hello, i'm quit new here i have my HTC HD2 for about 3 to 4 weeks and i've been looking around this forum downloading wallpapers and apps and stuff, but i don't really know what ROM's are and what they are for. and i have read something about flashing youre phone is that dangerous for the phone?

Dennehy.

Top Liked Posts