[CM7][POLL]Semi-official cm7 nightlies for target vega?

Would you use cm7 nightly builds for vega?

• Yes, i would use them regularly

Votes: 132 73.3%
  • Yes, but only every now and then to see progress

Votes: 44 24.4%
  • No, i would not use them, but good luck (:

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

mad-murdock

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
Please let me know, how much you want nightly builds for the vega tablet.

be honest - if you got no interested in them, say so - its not taken as offense.

we are probably too small to get included in the official build process, but i would provide semi official nightlies.

always build from latest cm7 sources. no mods, nothing changed, build the same way the official nightiles are build. on a regular basis. usually i am on my pc each day - being able to invoke the build script and auto upload it.

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
Voted for the regulary option but that is because I'm a flashoholic :)

At the moment I'm using your april 3rd version and flashed all versions before that. Especially when you can flash without loosing data/apps/widgets I see no reason not to update regulary.

I usually flash each version hoping some bug will be fixed, some performance increase will be seen, etc. But a weekly would be fine for me as well for example. Just very thankful for the work you're doing for the vega and CM7 is already an excellent piece of work on it.

vebse

Jul 25, 2010
Duesseldorf
I agree for 100%.
I´m also a flashoholic like dagrim1 :)
Once or twice a week would be very appreciated.

Thanks for your time and work. Even when the Android 2.2 Vega rom runs a little bit smoother and more stable this ROM has so much more potential. And I love it really.

DiamondGar

Apr 13, 2009
My Vega is still in the post, hopefully it will arrive today although its getting a bit late in the day for deliveries, but i plan on trying CM7 as soons as possible. Im sure i would flash nightlies every few days at least while its developing.

HunteronX

Oct 31, 2008
Voted for the regulary option but that is because I'm a flashoholic :)

At the moment I'm using your april 3rd version and flashed all versions before that. Especially when you can flash without loosing data/apps/widgets I see no reason not to update regulary.

I usually flash each version hoping some bug will be fixed, some performance increase will be seen, etc. But a weekly would be fine for me as well for example. Just very thankful for the work you're doing for the vega and CM7 is already an excellent piece of work on it.

Same here - a flashoholic, lol... :)

El_Nino9

Dec 2, 2009
London
what exactly is different to the viewsonic G 10? i mean in terms of hardware? because my theory is, like the dream/sapphire projects if this CM build could be built for "both" if the hardware is 99% same, then there would be a lot more interest.
i guess the first thing would be to check to see if the kernel sources are any different of the two devices. just a long shot that might save time and gather a lot more interest if they are very similar?

i hope to see them regularly, maybe once a week not like every night. i know that its a lot of work that goes behind it as well as time. specially if a person is doing it on their own.

mad-murdock

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
thats more than enough demand. will starting building this once i finished the tablet tweaks... that long, the tablet tweaks builds are nearly the same as nightlies... just added my stuff :)

Reactions: Ght10

scanno

Mar 27, 2008
Arnhem
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
thats more than enough demand. will starting building this once i finished the tablet tweaks... that long, the tablet tweaks builds are nearly the same as nightlies... just added my stuff :)
That is great. I wrote a message to Apache14 about starting a thread, but i did not get an answer. But i think he gets more then enough pm's from people wanting things.... Anyway it would be very nice when there would be a nightly. Flashed all your builds till now.

Thanks.

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
How do you do this, is it just a case of installing zip file without deleting anything?

Basically... You have to have CWM installed. Then put the zip file on your sd-card and boot into CWM where you choose 'install from zip' and select the zip.

But not having to wipe depends on the update itself, not the method. Often when changing between roms a wipe is necessary, sometimes when updating a rom as well but very often you can update without any problems.

Great news about the nightlies!

rpmccormick

Dec 1, 2008
OnePlus 7 Pro
Sorry this is slightly off-topic, but for those of you who regularly flash nightly's: Do you have a method of easily restoring apps+data+settings other than Titanium? I have found using Titanium restore-all often leads to problems.

It would be great if somehow an app could allow our tablets and phones to automatically update the read-only partitions nightly, but still preserve... everything that is read/write (and then kill dalvik-cache and reboot).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.