[Q] Samsung Galaxy Pocket GTS-5300 - android - win file transfer

Search This thread

thesmotis

Mar 2, 2014
hi all, i know this is a developers' community but it's also a unique source of information on related matters so inevitably here i am (an end user)

system:
pc: windows 7 x64 pro os
phone: samsung gts-5300 (galaxy pocket), android os (gingerbread xxlj4), ('rooted' following these instructions)

question:
is there a way to be able to manipulate files in the phone through usb cable with a windows program (like a file manager)?
or at least can it be done using console commands?
note that by 'files' i mean android os files too

the issues:
'rooting' that phone does not actually grant root access to the system files but merely grants access to the su app and a glimpse of the system files
so yes we say it's 'rooted' but you can't actually pull any system file to a windows folder for example bcz you don't have the permissions required

i have installed numerous applications, on the pc and the phone, android sdk, android commander, qtadb, droid explorer, adb insecure, rom manager so i suppose that if someone gives me a set of steps i could hopefully quickly reply the problem that comes up on each step (obviously i don't think there is a quick solution to this, i know im an optimist...)

as far as i can understand, adb insecure should be the solution to this problem for similar devices where 'rooting' is not actually rooting, but im having the already mentioned and i suppose resolved issue of it causing the usb debugging mode to go off, and the problem is noone in the related thread actually mentions how that problem is overcome

thnx for your time

Last edited: