Problem with Clockwork Recovery

Search This thread
Hello, I have a Droid 2 Global, with OTA .629, but already rooted and everything, but i have constant reboots since i had the phone (with .330, .607, .608 and .629) maybe its a defective phone, i dont know really, but the problem i have actually it is:

I installed the newest clockwork recovery using Rom Manager, but the recovery it doesnt do anything, it says it wipe data/cache, and very quickly, but it doesnt, it gives me error formating /system, etc...

It says that installed sucessfully Cyanogenmod 7.2 (latest nightly) but, it freezes at M logo... what should i do?

projektorboy

Sep 3, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
This is hardly discussed or documented anywhere, but if you're using CWM, you have to flash Droid X 2nd Init and NOT Droid 2 Global as your recovery.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
This is hardly discussed or documented anywhere, but if you're using CWM, you have to flash Droid X 2nd Init and NOT Droid 2 Global as your recovery.
that's because Rom Manager isn't recommended
I used Droid 2 bootstrap, with 2.4.33 and 4.5.608 and it worked fine

i used d2g recovery cmw, and didnt work...
your cwm was likely corrupt, selecting Droid x just installed a complete cwm

edit: if you are using rom manager you have to use Droid X 2nd Init, or just use Droid 2 bootstrap

Last edited:

Gasai Yuno

May 11, 2011
Rausu
that's because Rom Manager isn't recommended
I used Droid 2 bootstrap, with 2.4.33 and 4.5.608 and it worked fine
You aren't quite right.

The correct way is installing Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery and using that to hijack. This will give you CWM 2.0.0.x. Once done, install the Droid X (2nd init) CWM via ROM Manager, and you'll end up with a fully functional CWM 5.0.0.x.

(Custom ROMs like CM7, CM9, and MIUI come with 5.0.0.x preinstalled, and restoring a backup made with 5.0.0.x is impossible if running 2.0.0.x.)

Gasai Yuno

May 11, 2011
Rausu
In general, according to people who use CM9 on top of .629, any .608 ROM works on .629. There are no differences.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
ok, i dont really get it...

using Droid X 2nd-init, it wipes and everything, and flashes CM9-D2G-04162012 and update-cm-7-20120420-NIGHTLY-droid2we-signed, coming from stock .629 firmware, and it freezes at M logo after rebooting, then is necessary sbf'ing again .608, and unbrick it againg, and is a loooong process....

have you tried, wiping cache/data, after flashing

not for me, used latest CM9 and CM7 nightlies, freezes at M logo... only before flashing update.zip for getting from .608 (hybrid?) to .629... custom roms work somewhat ok, without wi-fi, Sound Settings fc, and other little details...

have you tried, wiping cache/data, after flashing

yeah, after, and before... no sucess

Last edited:

hd2life

Nov 29, 2010
I get the same results after flashing MIUI over .629. It flashes ok using Droid X(2-int) recovery but after that its bugy as hell. I cant switch to GSM, tried dialing 46xx number and using network toggle. GSM doesn't see to work at all and when i try to restore my old rom it gets stuck on M logo.

hd2life

Nov 29, 2010
It would be nice if someone who is on .629 can confirm that GSM works on CM7,9 MIUI or any other room. I want some ICS goodness but it looks like it would be just a waste of time flashing again.

Gasai Yuno

May 11, 2011
Rausu
Well, .629 doesn't really differ from .608 if you're looking at it from a custom ROM's point of view. Same kernel and modules, and that's all a custom ROM needs from the “base” system.