Updating CloudPrint

Search This thread

eksasol

Nov 22, 2009
I have both the XT1053 and XT1058, both running 100% stock, neither can update CloudPrint from the Playstore due to: "Package file was not signed correctly."

Do anyone have this issue. Is it an issue caused by Google side or is it a problem with the Moto X specifically?

CodeMonkey

Oct 6, 2005
Keep trying - I saw that message when trying to setup my girlfriend's X but got it installed in the end. Works fine on both our Xs. I think switching from WiFi to mobile data resolved it for me (or a reboot - all a bit of a blur tbh).

croweski

Sep 19, 2010
I'm having this problem as well. Can't uninstall without root, so I gave up. I'd also like yo know if there is a way to update.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

The Tallest

Jul 25, 2013
I too have been having this issue. Kind of annoying.

Also, does anyone know how to setup Cloud Print through your home network? My printer is actually a separate device on my network.

UncleMike

Nov 11, 2010
I too have been having this issue. Kind of annoying.

Also, does anyone know how to setup Cloud Print through your home network? My printer is actually a separate device on my network.

If you're talking about printing to the printer via Cloud Print without the need for a PC on the same network as the printer, the printer must support Cloud Print directly. I have three printers connected to my network as standalone network devices, but only one supports Cloud Print. Network connectivity by itself is not enough.

Sent from my Moto X using TapaTalk

The Tallest

Jul 25, 2013
If you're talking about printing to the printer via Cloud Print without the need for a PC on the same network as the printer, the printer must support Cloud Print directly. I have three printers connected to my network as standalone network devices, but only one supports Cloud Print. Network connectivity by itself is not enough.

Sent from my Moto X using TapaTalk

No, I mean that I can't update the print services app. I kind of figured that I couldn't print if the printer wasn't compatible.

psyop1

Aug 14, 2007
cloud print

No, I mean that I can't update the print services app. I kind of figured that I couldn't print if the printer wasn't compatible.
If you have chrome, you can publish any printer configured on your computer as a cloud printer using your Google credentials. I have a USB printer, pdf printer, and about 3 other printer definitions available for cloud print.

Speciality printers are not required, just chrome, Google account, and a running computer.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
If you have chrome, you can publish any printer configured on your computer as a cloud printer using your Google credentials. I have a USB printer, pdf printer, and about 3 other printer definitions available for cloud print.

Speciality printers are not required, just chrome, Google account, and a running computer.

He said he can't update the app on his phone....

trentonmc24

Jul 16, 2013
I had the same problem last night. Only way that I got mine to work was by uninstalling the old version with titanium backup, restarting, then reinstalling it on the play store. My wife's Moto X on 4.4 didn't have this problem, I'm on 4.4.2. So maybe it's a 4.4.2 problem?

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Free mobile app

psyop1

Aug 14, 2007

Then it would appear you quoted the wrong post...

No, I didn't quote the wrong post. I could either quote and correct the misinformation of the respondent who posted the wrong information and ignore the last post on the subject, or just give the accurate information to the last post on the subject. I chose the latter.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
No, I didn't quote the wrong post. I could either quote and correct the misinformation of the respondent who posted the wrong information and ignore the last post on the subject, or just give the accurate information to the last post on the subject. I chose the latter.

Understood. My apologies.

EVOSerb

Jan 17, 2011
Chicago
It's kind of a known issue. It's on Motorola's end not Google's. Someone said it will be fixed in the next update for this phone (i guess 4.4.3???)

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's a known issue on Moto X and Moto G, it will be solved with the next OTA update (as stated in the official Motorola support forum)