Anyone have this trouble?

Search This thread

rokrd1579

Dec 17, 2012
Acapulco
I've update my xperia tablet z2 and everything works fine but i have noticed that my memory ram has been reduced, before I was like 1.6 GB free ram, but with this update i've got 1.2GB or less, i have the same applications I have not modified anything, I just update, i wonder if someone got the same problem updating or its just me, thank you :confused:

MXVZ

Jul 30, 2014
I've update my xperia tablet z2 and everything works fine but i have noticed that my memory ram has been reduced, before I was like 1.6 GB free ram, but with this update i've got 1.2GB or less, i have the same applications I have not modified anything, I just update, i wonder if someone got the same problem updating or its just me, thank you :confused:

Update? What was the update that you did? Mine is still up to date

rokrd1579

Dec 17, 2012
Acapulco
Update? What was the update that you did? Mine is still up to date

When i connected yesterday my tablet, sony pc companion shows a new update number 17.1.2.A.0.314, so i decide to update, but when I turn on my tablet I see from 1.3GB to 995MB free memory of RAM, and I was wondering if someone else got this trouble...

cmd-line34

May 7, 2014
When i connected yesterday my tablet, sony pc companion shows a new update number 17.1.2.A.0.314, so i decide to update, but when I turn on my tablet I see from 1.3GB to 995MB free memory of RAM, and I was wondering if someone else got this trouble...

Don't mean to ask, but is the reduction of RAM causing a lack of performance or something? Sometimes my RAM fills on Cyanogenmod, but I do not notice it hindering my preformance. If you really need to know what is going on, you could download a task manager (or task killer) and see which tasks are using your memory.

degraaff

Jan 21, 2012
Maybe this update reserves more memory for system apps, I don't know. Have you tried restarting the tablet and see if it has more free ram memory after restarting?

Also, did this update by any chance add multiple user account support to the LTE tablet ?

rokrd1579

Dec 17, 2012
Acapulco
Maybe this update reserves more memory for system apps, I don't know. Have you tried restarting the tablet and see if it has more free ram memory after restarting?

Also, did this update by any chance add multiple user account support to the LTE tablet ?

I did it 3 times and nothing, i just have WIFI version and its added multi users

Last edited:

degraaff

Jan 21, 2012
Wifi version? Are you sure? Because as far as I know, 17.1.2.A.0.314 has not yet rolled out for the wifi version o.o
And have you, or anyone at your home, used the multi user function before the update? Or only started to use it after the update? Or not used multi user at all?
Having an extra user account active would take up extra RAM, no doubt.
But 995 MB of free RAM is still very decent though, it's still much more than most other tablets on the market.