SMS Chat for Excalibur [9-24-07 Build]

Search This thread

travishamockery

Nov 18, 2006
I have T-Mobile rom version 1.22.531.6 on my phone, came with it. The only one available on T-mobile site is 1.22.531.4. Anyone else notice this?

yah, I don't think it has any bearing on this problem though. There's something running that just messes up the programs, cause this is the same issue that is going on with the other developer of a different SMS threader.

roflcopter

Jul 19, 2007
Ripon/Chico
yeah, i was just sort of stating it just in case.

i did however notice when my mail window is open (when push my mail button), if i look at the processes it is called tmail.exe and poutlook.exe. is this tmail for t-mobile mail? or for text mail indicating sms box? just thought that might be something someone with htc rom could check.

quiksand

May 1, 2007
New Orleans
poutlook.exe is pocket outlook and tmail.exe is the messaging program itself. When you open messaging that triggers tmail.exe when you check your outlook mail it opens poutlook.exe.

I wonder if there is some registry entry on T-Mobiles WM6 ROM that's causing the issue.

Reeg

Aug 10, 2007
Minnesnowta
poutlook.exe is pocket outlook and tmail.exe is the messaging program itself. When you open messaging that triggers tmail.exe when you check your outlook mail it opens poutlook.exe.

I wonder if there is some registry entry on T-Mobiles WM6 ROM that's causing the issue.

So if you killed tmail.exe shouldn't this let the SMS Chat intercept the incoming SMS messages? Or does the .exe only show up when the messaging program is open and will intercept through default regardless?

travishamockery

Nov 18, 2006

I'd be willing to bet it's some sort of registry issue, though the other developer said it's a program running in the background.

This is the response from that other developer:
There is currently a known issue when running the SMS Threader program on the Dash, as there is another program running on the device (most like something pre-installed by the carrier) that is preventing the Threader program from catching the incoming messages. Since I don't own a Dash, i have yet to figure out which program this is, or a way around it. Until then, the program will not be released.

quiksand

May 1, 2007
New Orleans
I saw that on the Triangle Powers website. I can't fully believe that since he doesn't have a Dash to even know whats running in the background. I know there is an issue and the same processes I have running on my T-Mo ROM are running on the HTC ROM.

roflcopter

Jul 19, 2007
Ripon/Chico
was searchign around registry... does HTC rom have these values in HKLM\microsoft\inbox\svc\sms\Rules

{27E9801F-330B-4c6a-A7BF-A670D8C53C5D}
{8FADE03B-1694-4f8b-94A1-7A284E24271E}
{E85FD9C3-4F5E-4c75-8C21-0F850274DEF5}

all=1

i dunno much about this stuff... just doing what i can since i have the device

quiksand

May 1, 2007
New Orleans
I removed that SnapIN crap from my device when I first installed the ROM. There were some threads here that said it sent out SMS messages w/o their knowledge.

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
tmail.exe will automatically run when there is an incoming sms. But that's not the problem because i also have it running in the background.
When i had the TMo WM5 ROM, sms chat worked perfectly. I removed the SNAPIN crap first though.
I saw a few posts up that someone had voice command and also MGCManager.exe running in the background. From experience, there is an option in voice command that will automatically read out the incoming sms. MGCManager.exe is MagiCall which also is a SMS Monitoring appilication. Can you first close that application, then try sms chat again?
The WM6 interception problem was solved when Peter Foot answered me this:
I belive the issue with the Microsoft SMS interception is a change in the behaviour if no criteria is specified for the interception rule. On WM5 this returned all SMS messages and it appears from a couple of reports that on WM6 it returns none. You could try changing your criteria and see if the event is fired.
That's why when i added a criteria in the interception rule that any incoming sms with "" or blank message body will automatically be intercepted by sms chat. and it worked on HTC WM6 ROM.

Last edited:

travishamockery

Nov 18, 2006
tmail.exe will automatically run when there is an incoming sms. But that's not the problem because i also have it running in the background.
When i had the TMo WM5 ROM, sms chat worked perfectly. I removed the SNAPIN crap first though.
I saw a few posts up that someone had voice command and also MGCManager.exe running in the background. From experience, there is an option in voice command that will automatically read out the incoming sms. MGCManager.exe is MagiCall which also is a SMS Monitoring appilication. Can you first close that application, then try sms chat again?
The WM6 interception problem was solved when Peter Foot answered me this:
I belive the issue with the Microsoft SMS interception is a change in the behaviour if no criteria is specified for the interception rule. On WM5 this returned all SMS messages and it appears from a couple of reports that on WM6 it returns none. You could try changing your criteria and see if the event is fired.
That's why when i added a criteria in the interception rule that any incoming sms with "" or blank message body will automatically be intercepted by sms chat. and it worked on HTC WM6 ROM.

Voice Command is the only other thing it may be, though many people had that running on their WM5 and reported no issues w/o threaders. this is really an annoying issue. I'm close to reverting back to WM5 again. Glad to see though that someone is actively trying to solve this issue. I'm definitely willing to keep looking into this....

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
Voice Command is the only other thing it may be, though many people had that running on their WM5 and reported no issues w/o threaders. this is really an annoying issue. I'm close to reverting back to WM5 again. Glad to see though that someone is actively trying to solve this issue. I'm definitely willing to keep looking into this....

Before i had the sms interception fixed for WM6, i reverted back to WM5 because SMS Chat is my most important application that i use on my phone. But when the interception rule thingy was fixed, i immediately upgraded to HTC WM6. With WM6, the phone AND the SMS Chat was zippier.

nic0921

Apr 3, 2007
i have NET Compact Framework 2.0 on my HTC s620 (Rogers version of excalibur) and i'm running wm5.

when i start the application, i get an error message stating that i need a newer version of the Microsfot .NET Compact Framework.

Can you please help? thanks

roflcopter

Jul 19, 2007
Ripon/Chico
i terminated voice command and still nothing in the coming in.

i did however notice when i put the new exe to overwrite the original, they had the same name, but sat side by side. i just deleted the original and now the start menu link doesnt work.

anthoneous

Mar 7, 2007
i terminated voice command and still nothing in the coming in.

i did however notice when i put the new exe to overwrite the original, they had the same name, but sat side by side. i just deleted the original and now the start menu link doesnt work.

the new exe has an underscore >_< in between the name SMS Chat is the original the new exe is SMS_Chat.. for the shortcut to work erase the underscore and replace with a space.