Touch Test 1.0?

Search This thread

AaronM7

Nov 1, 2009
The Intarwebz
So I just noticed that I got a forced app download called "Touch Test 1.0" that has a black icon. Has anyone else noticed this? What is it, and why did I get it? I also noticed that it has some very spammy reviews, but I can't find any info about it.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Kraizk

Jul 30, 2011
American Canyon
So I just noticed that I got a forced app download called "Touch Test 1.0" that has a black icon. Has anyone else noticed this? What is it, and why did I get it? I also noticed that it has some very spammy reviews, but I can't find any info about it.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I've read it is Sprints version of "tap to pay"

Speculation: Could be an app that will be required for the sense 6 update to add carrier bloat.

boiker

Apr 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I've read it is Sprints version of "tap to pay"

Speculation: Could be an app that will be required for the sense 6 update to add carrier bloat.

I doubt both of those guesses. It popped up for update on my LG G2. The developer was listed as "Test Account234234". It would be exceptionally unprofessional for any carrier to push an update this way. Yesterday, 4/29 the app was asking for an update. I didn't install it. Today, 4/30 it is not longer on my list.

Here's my wild guess with malicious intent: Someone wrote a program that allows itself to "update" a sprint factory default screen test app. They setup a "test account" with the google play store to see if an app could be pushed to certain model phones and replace the factory app with this version. This particular app was innocuous, but the exploit could be used for more malicious apps since most users blindly update apps.

My wild guess with innocent intentions: Someone at Sprint or a sprint contract developer goofed and sent a test app for update through the play store with the wrong account.

Kraizk

Jul 30, 2011
American Canyon
I doubt both of those guesses. It popped up for update on my LG G2. The developer was listed as "Test Account234234". It would be exceptionally unprofessional for any carrier to push an update this way. Yesterday, 4/29 the app was asking for an update. I didn't install it. Today, 4/30 it is not longer on my list.

Here's my wild guess with malicious intent: Someone wrote a program that allows itself to "update" a sprint factory default screen test app. They setup a "test account" with the google play store to see if an app could be pushed to certain model phones and replace the factory app with this version. This particular app was innocuous, but the exploit could be used for more malicious apps since most users blindly update apps.

My wild guess with innocent intentions: Someone at Sprint or a sprint contract developer goofed and sent a test app for update through the play store with the wrong account.

I love your theory but i highly doubt it goes that far.

the.emilio

ana2yze9.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Reactions: luigi311

P_M_G

Oct 27, 2011
Orange County CA

See my sig...

Top Liked Posts