[ANDROID] Myn’s Warm Donut - [RLS 5 - 04/24/2010] - Support For Kaiser

Search This thread

myn

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2007
There recently has been quite a bit of discussion and support questions pertaining to the Kaiser device on Warm Donut.

To keep these device specific discussions separated and organized we will use this as the official Kaiser support thread.

As I don't own a Kaiser device I will be relying heavily on this strong community for assistance :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warm Donut RLS 5 with Kaiser updates integrated including battery (Thanks Millence)
Warm Donut RLS 5 with Kaiser updates integrated Odex Repack (Thanks Millence)

RLS 4 Wifi update + Home Screen load time update for Kaiser (Thanks citrit)

WiFi enabled SQSH files for Kaiser users: (Thanks to noside12123)

240x320@120dpi optimized version of Warm Donut (Thanks to Millence [07-22-2010])

FAQ

• Q: How do I get my battery level representing the correct value?
  • A: Thanks to huttonjd, a fix is available here

Last edited:

myn

Nov 15, 2007
Screenshots:

FlipClock.png
HomeScreen1NexusLauncher.png
LauncherNexus1.png

Dialer.png
Contacts.png
Widgets.png

DeskClock.png
CarHome.png
Launcher.png

NewsWeather.png
NewsWeather2.png
calculator.png

Music1.png
Music2.png
LockScreen.png

Last edited:
Reactions: widlos

tommywoods

Jan 24, 2008
Myn, thank you so much for your effort! I've been paying attention to your Vogue's thread for a long time. I really love to try the RLS4 but couldn't find the androidinstall.tar file, the one you referrenced to another thread is still the old RLS3, I know you updated the sqsh file to RLS4, but I want to install it by NAND, so could you tell me where to get the RLS4 install.tar file? Thank you so much again.

myn

Nov 15, 2007
Myn, thank you so much for your effort! I've been paying attention to your Vogue's thread for a long time. I really love to try the RLS4 but couldn't find the androidinstall.tar file, the one you referrenced to another thread is still the old RLS3, I know you updated the sqsh file to RLS4, but I want to install it by NAND, so could you tell me where to get the RLS4 install.tar file? Thank you so much again.

Here you go:

Installation:

NoMoRootFS Instructions for SDCard:

1. Download either the 320x480 or 240x320 version
  2. Backup! than, clear whatever "android" stuff you have from sdcard (I dont want it to get caught up in the install) especially your andboot folder
  3. Extract contents of downloaded zip to temporary directory
  4. Copy extracted /andboot folder to the ROOT of your SDCard
  5. Run HaRET, than hit “run” to launch android
  6. Press and hold center of dpad after hitting "run" and follow the directions in the NoMoRootFs menu system

NoMoRootFS Instructions for NAND:

1. Download either the 320x480 or 240x320 version
  2. Extract contents of downloaded zip to temporary directory
  3. Using the androidinstall.tar file follow the directions here

Classic SQSH method:

1. Download SQSH package
  2. Backup! than, clear whatever "android" stuff you have from sdcard (I dont want it to get caught up in the install) especially your android folder
  3. Extract contents of downloaded zip to temporary directory
  4. Copy extracted /Android folder to the ROOT of your SDCard
  5. Run HaRET, than hit “run” to launch android

Dukenukemx

Jul 24, 2008
Jersey
Those screen shots are sexy, but how does it work or better yet what does? I don't understand how to get this installed into NAND.

candin1977

Jan 19, 2008
Radio problems

I installed android and it moves fast. Quite impressed. The problem I see is the radio. I was not able to hear anything when placing calls. Also I configured the APN and it doesn't connect.

Could be a problem with my radio version. There is one recommended?

Regards
Candin

cb2002

Aug 4, 2006
Great build Myn. Thanks for the hardwork Myn and all devs. I've been using it on my Kaiser for the last month or so.

Here's a quick summary of what works and doesn't work for me:

AT&T Tilt / 1.71.09 Radio
installed to NAND:

Latest NBH from here: http://ponack.net/poly/BT_Update/index.php?folder=S2Fpc2VyX05CSHM=
Myn's RLS 4
Wifi-update

Works:
Normal Sleep/Suspend
Calls/TXT
3G Data
Wifi

Kinda works:
Camera: works but really dark / yellow
Speakerphone: works but volume very quiet
Bluetooth: A2DP works but drop out after a few minutes, haven't tried hand free yet
GPS: works but lost signal and locks up often required reset

Overall the experience is very nice, just waiting to get all the hardware issues iron out :)

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
when phone sleep, i press power button to turn on, i want press any button to turn on, can you help me. sorry my bad English :(

Power button to turn on from standby is the correct way of doing it. ANY button to wake from standby means that the device is not properly sleeping and will drain the battery much faster.

miplc

Apr 16, 2008
Thanks for this build

It is fast and stable but the wifi is not working (installed on SD Card haret)

appreciate your help in fixing the wifi

Last edited:

tonyc0642

Aug 18, 2008
Keizer, Oregon
Hi Myn, this looks pretty cool, and I'm interested in possibly installing it to NAND. Can you recommend a particular Kaiser HardSPL and radio for maximum stability? I'm using jockyw2001 3.29 and At&t radio 1.65.21.18 now.

citrit

Nov 15, 2007
Niskayuna, NY (USA)

Attachments

• androidupdate_WifiRL4_110.tar.zip
    282.1 KB · Views: 3,757
  • androidupdate_WifiRL4_150.tar.zip
    282.1 KB · Views: 2,358

citrit

Nov 15, 2007
Niskayuna, NY (USA)
Hi Myn, this looks pretty cool, and I'm interested in possibly installing it to NAND. Can you recommend a particular Kaiser HardSPL and radio for maximum stability? I'm using jockyw2001 3.29 and At&t radio 1.65.21.18 now.
I have been using RL4 installed to NAND for about 2 weeks. My specifics are:

AT&T Tilt (Kais100) / 1.71.09 Radio
HardSPL 3.29 (I tried others but this base one works best for me)
Kaisimg-panel2-428-tilt-18-03-10.nbh from Dzo' site

I have most things working and working well.
- Phone works great, auto switches between 2G and 3G based on signal. This is great since my office has terrible coverage.
- Data works fine.
- Camera works but focus is manual and colors are a bit off (At least I think, I am color blind)
- Wifi works and is stable.
- Bluetooth works for phone and stereo on my Motorola T505. But after about 10 minutes the stereo stops working. A reset of the Bluetooth fixes this. Dzo seems to have a fix, waiting for a release from him for the Kaiser.

I hope this helps.

hoatienii

Jul 25, 2007
Đà Nẵng - VietNam
I have been using RL4 installed to NAND for about 2 weeks. My specifics are:

AT&T Tilt (Kais100) / 1.71.09 Radio
HardSPL 3.29 (I tried others but this base one works best for me)
Kaisimg-panel2-428-tilt-18-03-10.nbh from Dzo' site

I have most things working and working well.
- Phone works great, auto switches between 2G and 3G based on signal. This is great since my office has terrible coverage.
- Data works fine.
- Camera works but focus is manual and colors are a bit off (At least I think, I am color blind)
- Wifi works and is stable.
- Bluetooth works for phone and stereo on my Motorola T505. But after about 10 minutes the stereo stops working. A reset of the Bluetooth fixes this. Dzo seems to have a fix, waiting for a release from him for the Kaiser.

I hope this helps.

about battery? it work fine?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There recently has been quite a bit of discussion and support questions pertaining to the Kaiser device on Warm Donut.

To keep these device specific discussions separated and organized we will use this as the official Kaiser support thread.

As I don't own a Kaiser device I will be relying heavily on this strong community for assistance :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warm Donut RLS 5 with Kaiser updates integrated including battery (Thanks Millence)
    Warm Donut RLS 5 with Kaiser updates integrated Odex Repack (Thanks Millence)

RLS 4 Wifi update + Home Screen load time update for Kaiser (Thanks citrit)

WiFi enabled SQSH files for Kaiser users: (Thanks to noside12123)

240x320@120dpi optimized version of Warm Donut (Thanks to Millence [07-22-2010])

FAQ

• Q: How do I get my battery level representing the correct value?
    • A: Thanks to huttonjd, a fix is available here
    Screenshots:

FlipClock.png
    HomeScreen1NexusLauncher.png
    LauncherNexus1.png

Dialer.png
    Contacts.png
    Widgets.png

DeskClock.png
    CarHome.png
    Launcher.png

NewsWeather.png
    NewsWeather2.png
    calculator.png

Music1.png
    Music2.png
    LockScreen.png
    Cell tower location does not work. From what I understand there is a fix for the RIL (hexadecimal conversion) but so far no one has incorporated it into the builder for Kaiser. I'm not sure whether that will goes into the NBH or the release.

Also ADB does not work at least for Windows. I understand this is an across the board issue for NAND installation.
    I finally got this installed to NAND on my Tilt about an hour ago. My first time using Android. Freakin' loving it so far. Haven't tried everything yet, but everything I have tried works great, including data. Great work Myn. You are a gentleman and a scholar. :D

Firstly, if my screen turns itself off after a period of inactivity for a few minutes, when it comes back, all I can see is a stripey screen and have to soft reset. Its happening every time the screen turns off :(
    Same thing happens to me, except the screen just flickers the striped part for a split second, then it goes away. Was wondering wtf that was all about.
    Secondly, when setting up my apn for my carrier, it wouldn't save it, so I tried editing one of the 2 defaults, but deleted that too when I tried to save it. However, did get round this by changing 1 field at a time and saving until I isolated it to the MCC field. If I leave that alone, it works! Strange. I suspect I could create a new apn entry and save it if I don't change MCC.
    I have the same issue, but I just pulled the battery and restarted the phone as someone earlier suggested, and now 3G is working. The APN is still not showing, but at least data works now. I've been afraid to mess with it further, I don't want to lose my data.

EDIT: figured out the striped screen issue. It's the resolution of the .nbh you have flashed. You are probably flashed to kaisimg-panel2-428-tilt-18-03-10.nbh like I was. I went HERE and downloaded kaisimg-panel3-320-tilt-18-03-10.nbh. Just throw it on the root of your sdcard and flash it through the bootloader real quick. It will change your kernel to a different resolution, and you'll actually be able to read the text on your screen lol. Your apps and stuff will be fine.