xoom car mount

Search This thread

nooomoto

Sep 22, 2010
Miami, FL
I keep meaning to get this one. I like it because it's got clips on the sides and the bottom. It has really good ratings and is really cheap, so it seems like it would be a good one. I don't own it, though, so I don't honestly know.

http://www.amazon.com/MENB-ME-04-Wi...XKVY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322255942&sr=8-1

I have this one. It works pretty well with an acceptable amount of vibration. Only issue was the suction cup portion became detached at the joint from the mount portion. Nothing a little gorilla glue couldn't fix though.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Reactions: runhopskipjump

akaempf

Apr 12, 2011
I have this mount and it is great. Hardly any vibration. Good company and mounts.

lotus49

Jun 28, 2011
Yorkshire
I have this one. It works pretty well with an acceptable amount of vibration. Only issue was the suction cup portion became detached at the joint from the mount portion. Nothing a little gorilla glue couldn't fix though.

Is the suction cup really strong enough to hold the (fairly considerable) weight of the Xoom?

The suction holder I have for my TomTom is the best I have used so far and even that falls off occasionally with the meagre weight of my TomTom. I don't really care about my TomTom but I don't want to be picking bits of Xoom out of my footwell.

thechainrule

Jun 15, 2010
Don't know if anyone has come across this yet, but I hope to be ordering this soon: Apparently it works with cases as well.

RE: Ram mount

Ive got one in my vehicle now. I have nothing but positive things to say about it. The customer service I got from Ram Mount was outstanding! They even offered me 3d solid models so I could mock up my build before installing. :D

Reactions: Hover-Shuttle

runhopskipjump

Dec 20, 2010
I keep meaning to get this one. I like it because it's got clips on the sides and the bottom. It has really good ratings and is really cheap, so it seems like it would be a good one. I don't own it, though, so I don't honestly know.

http://www.amazon.com/MENB-ME-04-Wi...XKVY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322255942&sr=8-1

I just ordered myself one of these the other day. It was half the price of the ram mount and review of the ram mount were stating how the arm was a little to short. Anybody has any updated opinions or tips on using the MENB-ME-04-Windshield?

I already know that I would never leave this thing on the windshield with my xoom if i get out of the car.

llama-power

Jan 25, 2011
I've been using this for a ciuple of weeks now. It is a vent-mounted holder and, as my vents are a little bit to the loose side, I was a little afraid the whole thing wouldn't provide a solid mount for the rather heavy xoom... However, it sits in the car, not as stiff as a rock, but close enough:) Also, all it blocks are my vents, nothing else:)

If you guys want, I can post some pictures:)

muzik3k

Mar 20, 2011
I got this after some research... i've got the same problem... do not want anything to block my view as i'm sitting very low in a full bucket seat. I've ordered, but haven't reach me yet hopefully within the next few days...

I also bought this mount and I love it. Work extremely well. I've tried a few other ones and this one is by far the best.

Attachments

• 5N75I35K93m93Lf3N7c3q48814a90960f1146.jpg
    5N75I35K93m93Lf3N7c3q48814a90960f1146.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 295

jm9843

Jan 16, 2010
I've been using a Ram Mount (product #RAM-HOL-MOTO3U) in my car since last Christmas and absolutely love it. It's mounted to a AMPs mounting plate that extends a couple of inches out from the console. I had the plate installed years ago for satellite radio use (no longer needed!). To accomplish the mounting I also utilized one of Ram Mount's arm-style ball mounts (product #RAM-B-101U).

This solution isn't the cheapest, but I think it's the best. It can be positioned in just about any fashion with the double socketed arm, stays off the windshield/out of your line of sight, and is immediately accessible right above the gear shift.

I can post some pics later if anyone is interested.

Top Liked Posts