[ROM][WIP][AOKP] Android Open Kang Project Beta 26 for TF201[2/29/2012]

Search This thread

djkinetic

Feb 26, 2011
Chicago
Anyone who has built a new version of AOKP from the source mind posting it up? Would love to run this on my prime =)

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Edit: Never mind. I think I may have just got some info that will resolve the rotation issue. If it works, I'll create a new thread with milestone 4 and of course share it with you youngnex.

As promised, here is the fix for the rotation issue (Thanks to konrad1337 and sportsstar89):

Edit the overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml file and add the following:

<!-- The number of degrees to rotate the display when the keyboard is open. -->
<integer name="config_lidOpenRotation">-1</integer>

Last edited:

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8
I love to try this rom. Sounds like it has the most promise so far. I have to add least have to rotation though, plus I use my keyboard 99% of the time, so screen not shutting off would be a issue for me. Anyways, I'll keep a close on this thread in the hopes things start to take off. Keep up the great work!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokp-rom.png

What is this?
    This is the AOKP-android open kang project compiled for the TF201. I have tested this and this flashes with no problem. This rom has waaaaaaaay more features then CM9. Like seriously... it has a option in Settings called Rom Control. You can read about it here: http://forum.aokp.co/

Disclaimer
    I or PG are not responsible for what happens to your beautiful prime. So, please act with caution. I am 100% sure this works as I have tested it, however.... if if you dont know how to use adb, i suggest you stop reading right now and learn that first.

BEFORE YOU FLASH PLEASE READ
    This rom has been shared for educational and entertainment purposes. Please dont flame, dont complain and please dont wine if you find something that doesn't work, this is why this is Work in Progress. Hopefully, it'll work 100% 1 day, and we of course have no ETA. So please do not ask. Maybe another dev can take a crack at it?

Who made this build? Compiled it?
    This build was compiled by PlayfulGod. Please donate to him here: http://bit.ly/yeOD3T. Original work by AOKP. This is just a port for the tf201 and nothing more. Credit to AOKP. I have been given permission by PG to release it to the public. This rom comes with no support. However, you can stop by #asus-transformer on freenode and If i am around... I will gladly help. As the TF201 has been unlocked, i figured it would be beneficial to all android enthusiast to have more than 1 option for roms. That is why we are making this build available. Test it out and tell me what you think. Please expect bugs as this is a WIP. I will post screenshots soon.

What is not working?
    Screen Rotation is only in portrait mode (Looking into Orientation Switch on market)
    Not all options in the Rom Control work
    LED Options
    Reboots when pressing the Power Button to sleep the TFP
    Screen won't turn off while closing the dock/tablet
    MicroSD (Looks like there is a solution for CM9, will look into it)

I have noticed on a few occasions as some of these options are not working with the TF201, it will do a fastboot. So, please do not complain.

Instructions
    Install like any other rom, however MAKE SURE you unmount SYSTEM and unmount STAGING.

1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. unmount system & staging
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps (if you want)
    6. reboot

Remember, to make a backup of your current rom. Also make a backup of your boot.img, so if you do decide to go back to your rom you can flash the boot.img and you'll be back to normal.

How to backup your Boot.img? You can use ADB or Terminal Emulator
    1. su (to make sure you have #)(if your in adb.... adb shell)
    2. dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/boot.img bs=4096 skip=3968 count=2048

Wanna restore to what you had?? Heres how to do it right....

So you saw it, you like it, you can't wait till it completely works, but you wanna go back to what you had for now....

1. Make sure you have your boot.img backed up from the rom your going to restore.
    2. Go to CWM and do the Restore
    3. Once thats done, go to ADB and flash Boot img
    4. adb shell & su (make sure you have #)
    5. dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0 seek=3968 bs=4096 count=2048
    6. Exit & Reboot

Now you should be back exactly where you are now be4 you flash AOKP.

Download
    AOKP for TF201 - Build 26 - http://goo.gl/2LOiO

Gapps - http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics-20120224-signed.zip
    Kang is not the name of the rom, kang means built without permission or stolen work. Eg, if someone takes the cm kernel source builds a kernel from it and releases it you could call that a kang.
    The name of this rom is more of a joke I believe

sent from my Transformer Prime

I must correct you, Kang is an official denomination of self compiled CM from sources. The Kang ROMs are not stolen !!

CM are built by a buildbot automatically every day or nearly, everyone can build a Kang from sources (remember it's open source) and when you do that the build script automatically add 'Kang' to the name of the ROM as it appear is Settings> About Device menu.

Thus you can easily make the difference between ROM compiled by Cyanogen buildbot and ROM compiled by dev. Usually Kangs are a way to pick only interesting commits for the specific device (called cherry picks) or even removing some commits that are eventually causing bugs.

For example on my optimus 2X phone, CM9 is not officially released, but the CyanogenMod dev in charge of maintaining CM tree for our phone made a Kang to enable us to test it (he named it SelfKang with humour ...)

Don't write such things it could lead to misinterpretations...
    Is there some high-level comparison of AOKP vs. CM9 vs. Asus stock?

What is Kang and what is its relationship with Cyanogenmod? I've seen CM kernels that have kang in the name, but then also AOKP as a separate rom.

What specific features make Kang compelling for tablets? I've explored the Kang website a bit, but there's nothing that gives an overview of the purpose/goals of the project.

Kang is not the name of the rom, kang means built from someone elses code Eg, if someone takes the cm kernel source builds a kernel from it and releases it you could call that a kang.
    The name of this rom is more of a joke I believe as it is "kanged" from source

sent from my Transformer Prime
    "Orientation Switch" from the Market helps with the orientation issue.

Other issue: the screen won't turn off while closing the dock/tablet.
    what is the changelog above for, this rom? just asking because the OP hasn't updated....