next official update???

Search This thread

EFCLEE

Sep 15, 2012
As title says....does anyone have any info on this or is it still pie in the sky

EFCLEE

Sep 15, 2012
Annoying the hell out of me checking for an update daily.....

If anyone has info please let me know, looking forward to unleashing notifications on my gear

Thanks

Lee

Sent from my GT-N5120 using xda app-developers app

sputnik767

Dec 28, 2010
Good rule of thumb here, regarding his topic: if you have to ask, the answer is no. Believe me, as soon as any information is known, somebody will make a thread about it. But generally speaking, if all you see are threads about "when are we getting KK," the implication is that the answer is unknown. For the record, there is one thread regarding this in the Q&A section, and two threads in the General section, all on the front page.

commodorefork

Jan 6, 2012
What exactly does KK have that is so important? I really don't see why people are so worried about this update coming out. Will the experience of using the note 8.0 be dramatically different on 4.4? Someone please fill me in. :D

esoh

Jul 25, 2011
What exactly does KK have that is so important? I really don't see why people are so worried about this update coming out. Will the experience of using the note 8.0 be dramatically different on 4.4? Someone please fill me in. :D

It's not KK as much as it is some issues that I have running 4.1.2 on my AT&T variant. I still get the screen freeze bug which annoys me to no end. So yeah, I would like the upgrade so I don't have to deal with things that should've been working outside of the box.

sputnik767

Dec 28, 2010

Unless you want compatibility with Gear (which is not guaranteed) or think that 4.4.2 will fix some bug that's present in your current setup, the answer is that there is nothing substantially different. I am running official 4.4.2 on my Galaxy S4. Outside of the information bar icon color scheme and the fact that most apps can no longer access the SD card, nothing is better, faster, etc. It looks, feels, and performs exactly the same.

commodorefork

Jan 6, 2012
Unless you want compatibility with Gear (which is not guaranteed) or think that 4.4.2 will fix some bug that's present in your current setup, the answer is that there is nothing substantially different. I am running official 4.4.2 on my Galaxy S4. Outside of the information bar icon color scheme and the fact that most apps can no longer access the SD card, nothing is better, faster, etc. It looks, feels, and performs exactly the same.

I guess I'm fortunate that I don't know what Gear is. :D

The only bug I'm having on 4.2.2 is the multi-window button disappearing sometimes even when the feature is turned on. Besides that, everything is working smoothly. ;)

pakure

Sep 22, 2009
HYDERABAD
The new update is important for
1. Trim is included in 4.3 onwards..makes your tab faster
2. Air command for s pen ...unleashes the power of the s pen
3. Less ram consumption and faster on kit kat
4. Blue tooth LE. ..faster and lower battery consumption
5. New flatter icons and UI....consume less system space....faster device
6. Support for gear devices

The cons...
1. Knox bootloader
2. Sd card read and write issues

Both these cons can be solved by rooting and Dev help on xda

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: oZo

sputnik767

Dec 28, 2010

You would think so, but I haven't noticed any changes. Perhaps Samsung is not implementing it.

There has not been any indication that we would get this feature. Chances are, we will not. If the Note 2 gets it, then perhaps, but if not, we're not getting it for sure. As far as I know, the Note 2 does not currently have Air Command.

While the first part is true, the latter is not. And Samsung is not including ART in their ROM as well.

Sure, but the bluetooth device would have to support it as well AFIK. In addition, we don't know if the bluetooth radio in our tabs is actually even capable of low energy. Since the hardware in our device is relatively old, it may not be capable and therefore not support Galaxy Gear. Looking at the Galaxy Gear info page, the Note 2 is not listed as being supported. Rumors say that Gear support is coming to the Note 2.

Maybe for stock Android, but TouchWiz is not changing.

Maybe. See above for bluetooth LE

The cons...
1. Knox bootloader

1. Maybe
2. Yes. Android 4.4.2 blocks 3rd party app access to the SD card. Easily fixed, but needs root like you said.

In summary, everything that everyone is hoping the get with the update will likely not happen, either due to hardware incompatibility or Samsung's unwillingness. Chances are, this update will be just like the update for the S4...updated status bar color scheme, a little better UI for multiwindow, and a version number bump.

Last edited:

pakure

Sep 22, 2009
HYDERABAD
I have a note 2 with leaked Samsung 4.4.2... running the ditto note 3 rom v4RC2
I have all note 3 apps (including air command) and s5 apps (including ultra power saving mode) on it. :p:p:p:p:D:D:D
Compatible with gear and has blue tooth LE working well even on official 4.3 on the note 2
Trust me. .. with what i have said. .
Also Trim is in the official 4.3 for note 2... you can check the app on titanium back up
If we get 4.3.. we can get all note 3 apps. .including air command... by mod
Once we get the update. . We can ask the e team to make the custom rom or mods for us. .. just needs 10 days:D:D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ekummel

Mar 4, 2009
External storage

How about the ability to move applications and data onto the SD card? This is a biggie for me! I am running several mapping applications where the maps need to be stored locally, and they take up all my internal storage. It would be nice to use that empty 32gb SD card I purchased for this thing!

Spidey01

Sep 16, 2011
Duluth
How about the ability to move applications and data onto the SD card? This is a biggie for me! I am running several mapping applications where the maps need to be stored locally, and they take up all my internal storage. It would be nice to use that empty 32gb SD card I purchased for this thing!

4.2.2 Official already has the ability to move woops to MicroSD card.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

sefrcoko

Feb 20, 2012
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 8
4.2.2 Official already has the ability to move woops to MicroSD card.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Yes but I think he was referring to a few posts about Google removing this functionality from 4.4.2. Not sure about it myself, but if it's true I read somewhere here on XdA that it can be fixed with root and an app from the Play Store.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The cons...
    1. Knox bootloader