[Q] 3g on both sims

Search This thread

olalekanbabs

Sep 12, 2013
Houston
I want to know if there is any Rom that supports 3G on both sims.

I also want to know if there is any other goods phones out there that supports 3G on both sims

vbrsekhar

Nov 25, 2008
Wellington

I also want to know if there is any other goods phones out there that supports 3G on both sims

So far none of the small or big brand mobile companies made a dual sim mobile that supports 3G on both sims. One must be W+G and other must be G only. This is to save the battery life of the mobiles and also to prevent the 3G signal interferences (read somewhere online). So until the big brand flagship mobiles comes up with altogether a different technology that has no signal interference effects, you have to live with 2 different sim radios. Even if we move few years into the future, the primary sim of a dual sim mobile will support 4G and the other one will support only 3G or 2G for the same signal/radio interference purposes.

Hope this answers your question. Hit thanks button if this clarification deserves it.

Reactions: crazeazn and WiFire

olalekanbabs

Sep 12, 2013
Houston
So far none of the small or big brand mobile companies made a dual sim mobile that supports 3G on both sims. One must be W+G and other must be G only. This is to save the battery life of the mobiles and also to prevent the 3G signal interferences (read somewhere online). So until the big brand flagship mobiles comes up with altogether a different technology that has no signal interference effects, you have to live with 2 different sim radios. Even if we move few years into the future, the primary sim of a dual sim mobile will support 4G and the other one will support only 3G or 2G for the same signal/radio interference purposes.

Hope this answers your question. Hit thanks button if this clarification deserves it.

I had Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 before buying the HTC, after Samsung recent update both SIM slots now supports 3G. This helps in situation when the internet data on one of the SIM is exhausted and you still have on the other SIM. Rather than swapping SIMS you will just change the first SIM from 3G to 2G, then enable data and 3G on the second SIM card.

daheufster

Mar 15, 2006
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I had Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 before buying the HTC, after Samsung recent update both SIM slots now supports 3G. This helps in situation when the internet data on one of the SIM is exhausted and you still have on the other SIM. Rather than swapping SIMS you will just change the first SIM from 3G to 2G, then enable data and 3G on the second SIM card.
Some phones indeed support 3G on both Sims, but like said these are the more expensive phones e.g. HTC One (M7) Dual SIM

Sent from my HTC D816 using Tapatalk

vbrsekhar

Nov 25, 2008
Wellington

This disproves the theory of interference said by someone else online. Thanks for letting us know about the 3G availability on both sims. I desperately need such phone for the same reasons you quoted and probably hunt for that model. But having said that how was the battery life though as HTC desire 816 has a great standby life.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Some phones indeed support 3G on both Sims, but like said these are the more expensive phones e.g. HTC One (M7) Dual SIM

Sent from my HTC D816 using Tapatalk

Thanks dude, I was so far living in the impression that it cannot be possible due to radio interference and battery life reasons I read somewhere online. :)

olalekanbabs

Sep 12, 2013
Houston
This disproves the theory of interference said by someone else online. Thanks for letting us know about the 3G availability on both sims. I desperately need such phone for the same reasons you quoted and probably hunt for that model. But having said that how was the battery life though as HTC desire 816 has a great standby life.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Thanks dude, I was so far living in the impression that it cannot be possible due to radio interference and battery life reasons I read somewhere online. :)

Attached is Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 pics after recent update.
pic 1 - phone interface
pic 2 - Sim 1 setting
pic 3 - Sim 2 setting.

I came across Lenovo Vibe Z2 today but unfortunately it doesn't have card slot.
http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_z2-6642.php

Attachments

• IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 282
  • IMAG0016.jpg
    IMAG0016.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 198
  • IMAG0017.jpg
    IMAG0017.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 198

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.