[APP]htcAddicts - cleanRAM v2.5 (RAM Cleaner)

Search This thread

DakDak

Dec 14, 2010
Hi, I’m Dak from Italy.
I’ve recently discovered your CleanRAM v.2.5, and it works fine on my HTC Touch 2.
But there are two strange things that happens with all three levels of cleaning:
1) when I launch CleanRAM manually and device is ready but idle (not in sleep mode and not locked by Windows), cleanup runs correctly, then back to Home of my Manila TF2D. But also it launches Tmail.exe in background and I find it open by tapping the button on the right-top corner of the task bar (list of programs actually in execution). Why does it?
2) If cleanRAM runs automatically (scheduled), sometimes don’t wake-up the device (that isn’t a problem, cleanRAM works correctly!), but doesn’t restart TF2D. It restart when I exit from sleep mode and unlock the device. It seems that WM Lock prevent the re-start of TF2D. Why does it?

Both 1 and 2, don’t happen when turn on my Touch 2 (from "Off", not from "sleep mode").
If you can give me some indications, otherwise it is the same.....CleanRAM runs!

Another thing: the file "Italian.ini" isn't updated since ver.2.1, and there aren’t the translations of the strings that You've added in subsequent versions (I’ve find them in Changelog file). The old file, with the untranslated strings, are in your LanguagePack and also in .cab. There isn't for version 2.5 or at least I haven't found it....
So I update the Italian language file (made by Safato-Italy, ...thanks..) and I sent it to you (attached).
I’ve correct also some imperfection and I've changed some terms to fit the string in the spaces reserved on the screen.

Nice work, CleanRAM is ok!

Reactions: acidsven

lookgod88

Dec 2, 2008
Hola!

Welcome to a world without Soft Rest !!!

The Missing Piece of Windows Mobile!

freewarepocketpc_logo.gif
Best Windows Mobile Freeware 2009
cleanRAM has been chosen as the winner of Best Windows Mobile Freeware Utility 2009, read more here.

In One Shot:

One solution when your PDA slows down is to reset (reboot) and the another is to use cleanRAM :D

Summary:
  • Release memory for Windows Mobile devices.
  • Amazing utility which helps you to clean up the wasted RAM memory without having to restart the device and eventually saves a lot of time.

Description:
  • cleanRAM is a very useful tool for Windows Mobile devices.
  • cleanRAM lets you with a single click release part of the RAM on your PDA and accelerating in this way.
  • cleanRAM is a memory reclaimer similar to Oxios but with advanced settings and actually works! great solution for the Windows Mobile memory leak problem.
  • cleanRAM attempts to release as much memory as possible, cleanRAM will refresh your device memory (RAM).
  • cleanRAM can save you a lot of SOFT RESET!

Features:
  • GUI cleaning supported (tested on: TouchFLO3D, HTC Sense ,SPB Mobile Shell, Windows Mobile 6.5 today screen)
  • There are 3 levels of cleaning + personally customized processes list.
  • Settings:
    • Define all cleanRAM behavior.
    • GUI/Shell Selector
    • Hibernate for old devices.
    • Close all applications - force closing all applications.
    • Launch startup programs after cleaning ended.
    • Clear recent start menu items.
    • And more...
  • Multilanguage supported with option to add new language.
  • Customized Processes List - custom level that help you to define the process(es) you wish to clean.
  • Schedule - automatically clean up by schedule (time/date and more options...), get clean-up event at a specific time! extra settings:
    • Notify you before cleanup starting.
    • Wake up device before cleanup.
  • Exceptions List - add to exceptions list: program(s) / process(es) and also you can select "startup shortcuts" that you want to skip/ignore.
  • Backup / Restore - backup all your cleanRAM settings into INI file. You can also select and load default settings from recommended settings reservoir list.
  • Update Service - update cleanRAM to latest version directly from the cleanRAM.
    configuration (this feature using internet connection). also you can reinstall your last version.

hcr3.jpg

* Click Here to learn about Windows Mobile processes.

Important: Use cleanRAM at your own risk!!! NO WARRANTY!!!
Although running this application does not seem to make any damage, I take no responsibility for any kind of damage caused to the device or data due to this application.

Installation Instructions:

1. Download the latest attached ZIP file from htcAddicts website or from this post (click on "Download" button).
2. Extract the ZIP file into some temporary folder on your PC.
3. Copy the "cleanRAM.cab" file (from the ZIP file) into some temporary folder on your device (use ActiveSync).
4. Execute "cleanRAM.cab" from your device (use file explorer), recommend you install cleanRAM to device memory.

• .cab is the zipped file along with the Readme and License text files.
  • After installation completed you find two links created, one called: "cleanRAM Config" (configuration tool) in the "Start Menu -> Programs" and the second called: "cleanRAM" (is the actual memory reclaimer) in the "Start Menu".
  • cleanRAM will be installed into /Program files/htcAddicts folder.

Uninstall Instructions:

1. Run cleanRAM Configuration.
2. Menu -> Schedule.
3. Uncheck the Enabled button (if checked).
4. Close.
5. "Start" -> "Settings" -> "System" -> "Remove Programs".
6. Select and Uninstall "htcAddicts cleanRAM".

hcrGeneral.jpg
hcrAdv.jpg

The Settings Screen with Geneal, Advanced, GUI/Shell and Language Tabs

Tips:
  • I want more RAM cleaning, what can I do?
    • You can give more power for RAM cleaning by settings: "Close All Applications" + "Launch Startup Programs" (this option is for advanced users).
    • You need to define your device's GUI. Menu -> "Settings" -> "GUI" (see "Backup / Restore & GUI support" section).
  • Do you need more speed? To get higher cleaning speed you will need unchecked (disabled) the settings: "Show RAM Status Notification" (quiet mode).
  • your device crashes or getting stuck after clean-up is done? This issue happens because when cleanRAM trying to clean some share applications from device's memory them stuck your device. You can avoid this by using "Exceptions List" feature (note that, you can also use exceptions.ini file to add exceptions). For more information, read post #622.
  • You have issues with the scheduler feature (like error #139)? Check maybe you have a wrong date/time format (under regional settings), please read post #663.
  • How to load settings (from "Backup / Restore" feature)? Follow these instructions from post #798.
  • What are the best & recommended settings for HTC HD2 (HTC Sense)? Post #724.
  • Where can I learn more? For more informations and introductions please read the manual on this post. After cleanRAM installed for the first time on your device you will get the default settings (like safe mode settings), it's good but for some users is not good enough, it will work only on 60% of cleanRAM power. if you want to learn how to make cleanRAM more effective and more powerfully (like the features: "Close All Applications", "Launch Startup Programs" and "Exceptions List") you will need to read the manual and please before asking question, make a quick search on this thread.

cleanRAM_Icons.jpg

Prerequisites:

Windows Mobile Pocket PC 5.0+

* cleanRAM doesn't support non-touch screen devices (for example: HTC Snap, HTC Dash).

If you find this tool useful, please donate. thanks ;)

hcr1.jpg
hcr2.jpg
hcr6.jpg
hcrGUI2.jpg

Huge thanks to these of you who have already donated!
Hi Ronenpg, It's a good app! Thanks very much. However, I found there is problem on level 3. Mine is TD2 (topaz) during the process in level 3 the telephone VOICE signal will be disconnected, but the DATA connection has no problem. After the level 3 cleaning process, I can only soft reset to get back the voice connection. I have tried level 2 and it doesn't have this problem but level 2 cleaning is not power enough on TD2. So is there any workaround?

armenh72

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Hello, I have tilit 2 and have a similar problem described above, After 2nd level clean my buttons do respond anymore and have to reboot. Also, why did you limit exception list to 10?? And does your app use this exception list or the exception.ini ?

buldo87

Apr 9, 2016
Hello, I am looking for an application that could free some memory for a medianav (gps renault) it works under wince 6.0 MIPS processor.
Is your software compiled for MIPS processor? if not, can you share the sources?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hola!

Welcome to a world without Soft Rest !!!

The Missing Piece of Windows Mobile!

freewarepocketpc_logo.gif
    Best Windows Mobile Freeware 2009
    cleanRAM has been chosen as the winner of Best Windows Mobile Freeware Utility 2009, read more here.

In One Shot:

One solution when your PDA slows down is to reset (reboot) and the another is to use cleanRAM :D

Summary:
    • Release memory for Windows Mobile devices.
    • Amazing utility which helps you to clean up the wasted RAM memory without having to restart the device and eventually saves a lot of time.

Description:
    • cleanRAM is a very useful tool for Windows Mobile devices.
    • cleanRAM lets you with a single click release part of the RAM on your PDA and accelerating in this way.
    • cleanRAM is a memory reclaimer similar to Oxios but with advanced settings and actually works! great solution for the Windows Mobile memory leak problem.
    • cleanRAM attempts to release as much memory as possible, cleanRAM will refresh your device memory (RAM).
    • cleanRAM can save you a lot of SOFT RESET!

Features:
    • GUI cleaning supported (tested on: TouchFLO3D, HTC Sense ,SPB Mobile Shell, Windows Mobile 6.5 today screen)
    • There are 3 levels of cleaning + personally customized processes list.
    • Settings:
      • Define all cleanRAM behavior.
      • GUI/Shell Selector
      • Hibernate for old devices.
      • Close all applications - force closing all applications.
      • Launch startup programs after cleaning ended.
      • Clear recent start menu items.
      • And more...
    • Multilanguage supported with option to add new language.
    • Customized Processes List - custom level that help you to define the process(es) you wish to clean.
    • Schedule - automatically clean up by schedule (time/date and more options...), get clean-up event at a specific time! extra settings:
      • Notify you before cleanup starting.
      • Wake up device before cleanup.
    • Exceptions List - add to exceptions list: program(s) / process(es) and also you can select "startup shortcuts" that you want to skip/ignore.
    • Backup / Restore - backup all your cleanRAM settings into INI file. You can also select and load default settings from recommended settings reservoir list.
    • Update Service - update cleanRAM to latest version directly from the cleanRAM.
      configuration (this feature using internet connection). also you can reinstall your last version.

hcr3.jpg

* Click Here to learn about Windows Mobile processes.

Important: Use cleanRAM at your own risk!!! NO WARRANTY!!!
    Although running this application does not seem to make any damage, I take no responsibility for any kind of damage caused to the device or data due to this application.

Installation Instructions:

1. Download the latest attached ZIP file from htcAddicts website or from this post (click on "Download" button).
    2. Extract the ZIP file into some temporary folder on your PC.
    3. Copy the "cleanRAM.cab" file (from the ZIP file) into some temporary folder on your device (use ActiveSync).
    4. Execute "cleanRAM.cab" from your device (use file explorer), recommend you install cleanRAM to device memory.

• .cab is the zipped file along with the Readme and License text files.
    • After installation completed you find two links created, one called: "cleanRAM Config" (configuration tool) in the "Start Menu -> Programs" and the second called: "cleanRAM" (is the actual memory reclaimer) in the "Start Menu".
    • cleanRAM will be installed into /Program files/htcAddicts folder.

Uninstall Instructions:

1. Run cleanRAM Configuration.
    2. Menu -> Schedule.
    3. Uncheck the Enabled button (if checked).
    4. Close.
    5. "Start" -> "Settings" -> "System" -> "Remove Programs".
    6. Select and Uninstall "htcAddicts cleanRAM".

hcrGeneral.jpg
    hcrAdv.jpg

The Settings Screen with Geneal, Advanced, GUI/Shell and Language Tabs

Tips:
    • I want more RAM cleaning, what can I do?
      • You can give more power for RAM cleaning by settings: "Close All Applications" + "Launch Startup Programs" (this option is for advanced users).
      • You need to define your device's GUI. Menu -> "Settings" -> "GUI" (see "Backup / Restore & GUI support" section).
    • Do you need more speed? To get higher cleaning speed you will need unchecked (disabled) the settings: "Show RAM Status Notification" (quiet mode).
    • your device crashes or getting stuck after clean-up is done? This issue happens because when cleanRAM trying to clean some share applications from device's memory them stuck your device. You can avoid this by using "Exceptions List" feature (note that, you can also use exceptions.ini file to add exceptions). For more information, read post #622.
    • You have issues with the scheduler feature (like error #139)? Check maybe you have a wrong date/time format (under regional settings), please read post #663.
    • How to load settings (from "Backup / Restore" feature)? Follow these instructions from post #798.
    • What are the best & recommended settings for HTC HD2 (HTC Sense)? Post #724.
    • Where can I learn more? For more informations and introductions please read the manual on this post. After cleanRAM installed for the first time on your device you will get the default settings (like safe mode settings), it's good but for some users is not good enough, it will work only on 60% of cleanRAM power. if you want to learn how to make cleanRAM more effective and more powerfully (like the features: "Close All Applications", "Launch Startup Programs" and "Exceptions List") you will need to read the manual and please before asking question, make a quick search on this thread.

cleanRAM_Icons.jpg

Prerequisites:

Windows Mobile Pocket PC 5.0+

* cleanRAM doesn't support non-touch screen devices (for example: HTC Snap, HTC Dash).

If you find this tool useful, please donate. thanks ;)

hcr1.jpg
    hcr2.jpg
    hcr6.jpg
    hcrGUI2.jpg

Huge thanks to these of you who have already donated!
    Thanks !!! ^_^ :)
    Windows Mobile Kernel Processes

• filesys.exe - File System - Filesys loads the OEM Certification DLL from ROM.
    • gwes.exe - Graphics Windows and Events Subsystem - GWES loads display drivers, printer drivers, and touch screen drivers.
    • device.exe - Device Manager - Devices loads audio drivers, battery drivers, keyboard drivers, mouse drivers, NDIS drivers, notification LED drivers, serial drivers, PC Card drivers, USB drivers, and any other drivers that exposes the stream interface.
    • services.exe - Services.exe is a process that supplements the Device.exe process. Services.exe also provides enhanced loading capabilities such as support for starting, pausing, and stopping services.
    • connmgr.exe - Connection Manager Application - ConnMgr contains most of the functionality of Connection Manager. ConnMgr is responsible for maintaining a list of all the connection requests, their priorities, and the connection service providers that are available on a CellCore-enabled device.
    • sddaemon.exe - Speed Dialing - this application allows you to use the voice commandos to make calls or to execute applications.
    • cprog.exe - Phone Dialer Application (including arguments to use this tool).
    • rnaapp.exe - Remote Network Access Application.
    • udp2tcp.exe - UDP2TCP is a part of activesync application.
    • rapiclnt.exe - Rapiclnt is the RAPI client that handles file operations of ActiveSync.
    • SIPGT_app.exe - Keyboard Manager.
    • poutlook.exe - automatically email checking accounts.
    • tmail.exe - Email Account Manager (inbox application).
    Hungarian language file

Hello!

I've just completed cleanRAM Hungarian language file, tested it and uploaded to the link below:

http://www.storage.to/get/9EJRumve/Hungarian.zip

Also you can find the file attached at the bottom of this post.
    Need help. Don't have 2.4 installer. Can't remove old cleamRAM. Can't install 2.5. I'm stuck. Don't wanna do hard reset.