[MUF] [UCLB3] [2.3.6] Vagabond Modified Unofficial Firmware Updated 6.20.2012

Search This thread

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
It was due to this problem that I added screenshotER from R3v. I thought I was just me and shootme that did not agree.

I deleted that screenshotER app even before my first reboot. Probably, some library is missing or something like that cos even the other app appwidgetpicker is not working. Not sure, just a wild guess.

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
I deleted that screenshotER app even before my first reboot. Probably, some library is missing or something like that cos even the other app appwidgetpicker is not working. Not sure, just a wild guess.

did you mean ShootMe or ScreenshotER?

ScreenShotER should work.

ShootMe is the problem child. :)

NunHugger

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2009
Des Moines, IA
did you mean ShootMe or ScreenshotER?

ScreenShotER should work.

ShootMe is the problem child. :)

Screen shot ER is an awesome little app. I line the ability to map the search key for an instant screen shot and the ability to format it to be allowed to attach via the XDA app. I know it does not record video...but ER wins in my book.

qkster

Apr 5, 2011
USA
By force of habit of deleting apps I don't know along with stock, I deleted this screenshotER too :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

if you still want it...

screenshotER

@bigfau..I see what you mean, big. I have been used to just deleting it and reinstalling it from my /apk folder

Attachments

• fahrbot.apps.screen.demo-1.apk
    667.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: diablo009

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
Looks like I'll have to try version 3.1 since WiFi still does not connect to the internet. I connect to the router fine, but cannot get out. Unless you are about to release version 4?

qkster

Apr 5, 2011
USA
Looks like I'll have to try version 3.1 since WiFi still does not connect to the internet. I connect to the router fine, but cannot get out. Unless you are about to release version 4?

no new build yet..it's pretty stable...I was just looking into an cwm script that when run will nuke all previous data to solve the wifi, or market, or what ever left over from previous roms that is causing issues.

try build 3.1 and let me know..this one saves your efs onto sdcard if you haven't done so.

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA

Things to try:
1. Make a clean flash, and wait the phone to settle for about an hour.
2. Try to delete and add the router again, maybe a few times as needed.

This will work, atleast worked for me.

qkster

Apr 5, 2011
USA
Things to try:
1. Make a clean flash, and wait the phone to settle for about an hour.
2. Try to delete and add the router again, maybe a few times as needed.

This will work, atleast worked for me.

that's the odd thing that I can't figure out...usually 7-10 minutes should be enough the the cache builds, though.

when all said and done... a reboot for good measures

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
no new build yet..it's pretty stable...I was just looking into an cwm script that when run will nuke all previous data to solve the wifi, or market, or what ever left over from previous roms that is causing issues.

try build 3.1 and let me know..this one saves your efs onto sdcard if you haven't done so.
I am running version 3 and cannot find a tar file of my EFS. Exactly what filename and path should I find?

Maybe the flash did not work as well as I thought.

I think I followed the v3 instructions and did not do the wipes, but do not remember for sure. Definitely flashing again tomorrow. Battery is to low tonight

jason4962

Dec 18, 2011
NEW JERSEY
i'm having this issue it keep saying " unable to save network" when i try to connect to my work wifi

reboot will help but. after 1 hour it returns when i go home and try to add my home wifi ..:confused:

edit: i just found out if i put my password under 5 characters it will work. it will save, but if my password is more then 5 it won't save.. weird..

my password is 14 letters

so the hack around it so to save your password as " 1" and then long press to change the password and it works..

re-edit. nvm it does not connect.. oh damn. i'm going to reflash

Last edited:

qkster

Apr 5, 2011
USA
I am running version 3 and cannot find a tar file of my EFS. Exactly what filename and path should I find?

Maybe the flash did not work as well as I thought.

I think I followed the v3 instructions and did not do the wipes, but do not remember for sure. Definitely flashing again tomorrow. Battery is to low tonight

using MyFiles,, It's under /EFS_BACKUP/

qkster

Apr 5, 2011
USA
i'm having this issue it keep saying " unable to save network" when i try to connect to my work wifi

reboot will help but. after 1 hour it returns when i go home and try to add my home wifi ..:confused:

edit: i just found out if i put my password under 5 characters it will work. it will save, but if my password is more then 5 it won't save.. weird..

my password is 14 letters

so the hack around it so to save your password as " 1" and then long press to change the password and it works..

:)..that's beyond me.

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA

qkster

Apr 5, 2011
USA
+1

Mine is def. more than 8, and it still is working on mine.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

That's strange. I flashed twice, and it backed up both the times.

yeah..i just tried it again...I got 2 more files from flashing 2 more times..

thanks for confirming diablo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ndhanta said:
    VagaBond.jpg

A VAGABOND is a drifter and an itinerant wanderer who roams wherever they please, following the whim of the moment.(Wikipedia)​

The BEST STOCKish ROM out there. It's poor. It's light. It's stockish. It's Spartan.:D

Features:
    • Stock UCLB3 (Rooted, Deodexed, Busybox, Zipaligned)
    • Modem of choice from Zen Tool Kit
    • Kernel of choice
    • Extended Power Menu (Reboot, Recovery, Download)
    • 14 Toggles Drop Down Menu .
    • UOT battery mod 1% Accuracy
    • Fast boot up by removing boot animation.
    • Decrease dialing out delay.
    • Improved scrolling response.
    • Decent battery life - better than the official UCLB3

1final.jpg

2final.jpg

Heimdall 1click package back to UCLB3 + CWM Recovery. (Users who don’t have CWM Recovery, Root & Gingerbread bootloaders, please follow OP for detailed Instructions)

BUILD 4.0 HERE

Ignore all else

Changelog:

Build 3.5: Stock Edition

1. Build 3.3 Attempts to fix some BlueTooth toogle issues. Sometimes still misbehaves after charging or overnight. Reboot fixes this issue. Discovered that HDMI only works off UCLB1 base Build 1.1. Rom is packaged with Entropy's Feb 2012 kernel. Video Runs without stock kernel. See link below for complete changelog.
      2. Build 3.1 Changed some icons. Made EFS_BACKUP effective. Cleaner wipes for installation of new rom.
      3 .Build 2.0: Updated to UCLB3. Took off Rudolf Animation. Changed battery icon. Added EPM. Add CRT. Added Amazon App Store.
      There was an improper sleep mode in build 1.1 that did not allow the phone to sleep correct, causing more battery drain than usual. This was corrected in 2.0
      4. Build 1.1 The download link has been changed. This has the new framework.jar changed by feliz. Thanks, man. Oh..and I took out allshare (dlna.apk)

Credits
      • Dman for DeOdex UCLB3 apk's
      • Lidroid for 14 Toggle Menu
      • Google - It's the oracle of knowledge.
      • perseofeliz: for showing me how to compile without errors. Thanks, man.
      • ndhanta for designing this beautiful and well organized OP

Disclaimer: By using this, you agree not to blame me for now and ever if you brick your phone.

• [

If you liked the ICONs of Build 3.3, DOWNLOAD HERE. Or HERE

If you still want HDMI and run a pure stock kernel:
      DOWNLOAD: STOCK UCLB3 KERNEL

Changelog:Build 3.0: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23508969&postcount=306

Changelog: Build 2.0: Updated to UCLB3. Took off Rudolf Animation. Changed battery icon. Added EPM. Add CRT. Added Amazon App Store.
      There was an improper sleep mode in build 1.1 that did not allow the phone to sleep correct, causing more battery drain than usual. This was corrected in 2.0

If you like it, click on the THANKS button. Hell, just thank me just for putting this out there.
      Ask your questions or rude comments here. Everybody else does it.

BTW: ppalbicke has made some nice colors to go with lidriod on vagabond: check it out:
    Vagabond 3.5

Ok. Here's Vagabond 3.5.

I'm packed this build with Entropy's 3/4/2012 Kernel. I think it is very stable. I haven't had any issues with it. For 99.9% stability, you should consider running it with the stock kernel.
    You will lose CWM recovery but retain root.
    Changing to stock kernel is a bit tricky especially with disable voodoo and changing file conversion. See OP for further details.
    It is worth a consideration if you are installing this on someone else's phone - who just wants a stable working phone.
    Start with the Heimdall UCLB3 or UCKj4 1click base.
    For myself, I will not be running stock kernel because I need CMW.
    If you are on a previous build and find it stable, stay on it.

Here's a big change: This build will not wipe your old data. You can try flashing it over the other builds. I can not guarantee stability of this approach. It may save you the hassle of the setup process. This build will only wipe the system. The advantage is if you installed something that screwed up your system, you can try just re-flashing the ROM.
    If you want a thorough clean setup, use my wipe script before you flash. Here is the link to that thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1561463

Changelog:
    1. Update to Entropy's Kernel from 3/4/2012. This replaces his previous test kernel from February 2012.

2. I was not able to locate the exact bluetooth toggle, wifi toggle or data toggle bugs in the previous build. It seems to be not responsive after a long charge. When you click on the 14 lidroid's toggle, it is not responsive. A reboot fixes this problem though. Running the stock kernel doesn't seem to have as much of an issue. Since I couldn't tell if it was the ROM, the Entropy kernel or the toggle, I started over from UCLB3 deodexed, zip-alligned base by dman.

3. Retained modded SystemUI and Framework-res. Features: This will have the fast scroll, 1% battery, EPM, 14 toggles, Internet buffer tweaks. Extreme battery conservation settings. Introduced a few memory OOM grouping found in V6 supercharger local props. Debug mode: no boot animations - once you see how fast it reboots, you'll understand the practicality.

4. STOCK Theme. :)D) Positive spin here. All complete Stock Icons. Universal recognition and appeal. I liked my old icons and will be running my version with my own icons.

5. Apps Added:
    1. Amazon App.
    2. Business Calendar
    3. Fast Reboot (quick memory clear reboots)
    4. Google Voice
    5. QuickPics (superior to Gallery)
    6. ScreenShotER Screen Capture Tool
    7. Talk 1.3 Installer for Video Chat Gtalk.
    8. TW4 launcher
    9. Go Launcher added
    10. Fonts Added: Polobrush -by ppalbicke. Delius - diablo showed me this. Ubuntu - from Font Changer on the market.
    11. Black Wallpaper - by me. :) Using Paint.

BUILD 3.5

Mirror

Minus and Dropbox will be used for now. If one doesn't work, try another.
    edited: old stuff doesn't apply anymore.
    If you want a different kernel in build 4.0, flash Aroma Vagabond or Zen's tool kit to change the kernel.
    If you want to ensure EXT4 voodoo, again Flash the Aroma Vagabond 4.0 MUF or Zen's Tool Kit. There is an option in there.

Thank you, Zen.

Thank him here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1702026
    Update: Vagabond 4.0 with Aroma Installer

Alrighty, kids. I know you all have been waiting with bated breath.

There hasn't been an update for months. Well, now. Here it is!

I'm sorry that you guys had to quit this unofficial firmware to try out the ROMs. :)

All in all, this new release is ground breaking!

It features a modded unofficial firmware UCLB3 from AT&T courtesy of Przekret.

Deodex by dman3285

Rooted, busybox and superuser updated by me. (Thanks to chainfire)

Extended power menu; 8 lockscreen mods, CRT off by Nunhugger.

Aroma installer by amarullz

The Infuse Toolkit by Zen Arcade.

What's new?

1. I used Zen's Tool kit v1.10 with his permission and $50 USD (Man! That guy drives a hard bargain. This will give you the ability to install this MUF (moddified unofficial firmware) with all the fun stuff with Zen has added to his tool kit. You can choose from several modems and kernels. You can even choose from a ton of boot animations. :)D I don't know if it will work 'cause I turned them off on my build.prop)

2. You can enjoy this MUF in several colors. I added some colors to the SystemUI.apk. ppalbicke was instrumental in showing me how to add colors to this MUF. If you enjoy colorful MUF, be sure to Thank ppal.

3. Some of the colors were The Tick's color, compliments of Zen Arcade's suggestions. Make sure you thank Zen for the colorful MUFs too.

4. The 4 rings lock clock/date were originally pushed onto the left. Ppalbicke showed me how to center it.

5. I added init.d scripts. You guys know how much I love tweaks. These are pretty harmless though. dhlalit11 provided the lagsfree and the other minor kernel tweaks came from somewhere in googleland.

6. I also moved a few apk from system to /data/apps so that they can be removed with having to install TiBu. Thank Nits for this.

7. Added apk's:
    Holo launcher by mobint.
    TW4 Launcher by fr4gg0r
    Inverted Gmail discovered by bradman117
    Fastboot, QuickBoot, CIFS Manager, CPU Master, QuickPic, ShootMe, XDA app, Google Voice, Google Translate and Business Calendar from Google Playstore.
    Amazon Appstore from Amazon.

8. Gtalk with video is already installed.

9. Old stuff: a bunch of icons I found. Black wallpapers I made. A bunch of delete ATT TW stuff. Stock calendar, including.

Installation:

1. From GB ROM: Boot into CWM. Choose install zip from SDcard. Once you install this, you should see Zen's familiar toolkit. The last option allows you to install Vagabond 4.0. You can use Zen's toolkit to back up your current ROM. Although I don't know why you would want to do this. You can also wipe the previous ROM in order to install my clean MUF. Be sure to install the kernel and the modem you want first. This is because once you install the MUF, there is a force reboot. You don't have to wipe if you don't want to, I also have edify wipe your previous OS. I'm kinda partial to having a clean MUF.

2. From ICS: Make sure you use the toolkit to wipe first. Then install the kernel. Install the kernel again. Then install the MUF. If this doesn't work, Heimdall or Odin a GB kernel to recovery to get cwm 2.xxxx from the 5.xxx.

3. Once you loaded up the MUF, you can boot back into cwm and try the other colorful dye jobs.

LINK: AROMA VAGABOND 4.0

Donate to Zen Here!

Thank you: just about everybody. but here's a few in particular: Bigjoe, Walt, Nits, bigfau, Nun, Yuma, ppal, X, Jesse, scott, jb, jt, Zen, bedwa, Entropy, google, xda, ummm..anyone else I may have forgotten.

edit: additional colorful dye jobs for systemUI.apk found here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27770893&postcount=989