[Q] Font Installer *ROOT* keeps crashing

Search This thread

Beakhole

Nov 12, 2013
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I have owned ROM Toolbox Pro for a while now and ever since about 4 weeks ago, when I flashed to EchoeROM from stock NC5, I can't install any fonts with the Font Installer that's part of ROM Toolbox Pro. Whenever I try to it says this: "Unfortunately, ROM Toolbox Pro has stopped."

I get the same issue if I install through the separate Font Installer *Root* app.

Does anybody have any advice or anything that could help me in my situation? I really don't like the stock fonts. And I have contacted JRummy Apps more than once and haven't heard anything back yet. :confused:

Below is the info about my phone and ROM.

Last edited:

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
I have owned ROM Toolbox Pro for a while now and ever since about 4 weeks ago, when I flashed to EchoeROM from stock NC5, I can't install any fonts with the Font Installer that's part of ROM Toolbox Pro. Whenever I try to it says this: "Unfortunately, ROM Toolbox Pro has stopped."

I get the same issue if I install through the separate Font Installer *Root* app.

Does anybody have any advice or anything that could help me in my situation? I really don't like the stock fonts. And I have contacted JRummy Apps more than once and haven't heard anything back yet. :confused:

I had the same exact issue that you're having. Wouldn't work with Echo or Hyperdrive. I don't know if it works with stock. Anyway, I'm using iFont (Donate) now and it works great. I don't know what the differences between the paid and free versions are, but give it shot.

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk.

Reactions: Beakhole

Beakhole

Nov 12, 2013
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Didn't work right

I had the same exact issue that you're having. Wouldn't work with Echo or Hyperdrive. I don't know if it works with stock. Anyway, I'm using iFont (Donate) now and it works great. I don't know what the differences between the paid and free versions are, but give it shot.

Ok so I tried iFont last night and it changed the font more universally to how I like it but when I changed the fonts some text wouldn't show up. Like, in the notification panel, there was no text for the notification rows. Like, my persistant Tasker notification had the icon but no text anymore.

How did you get it to work for you?

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
Ok so I tried iFont last night and it changed the font more universally to how I like it but when I changed the fonts some text wouldn't show up. Like, in the notification panel, there was no text for the notification rows. Like, my persistant Tasker notification had the icon but no text anymore.

I haven't seen anything like you're describing. The only problem I've had is some of the letters get messed up when I use a certain font.

Do you have the that issue with every font style?

Reactions: Beakhole

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk.

I haven't seen anything like you're describing. The only problem I've had is some of the letters get messed up when I use a certain font.

Do you have the that issue with every font style?